Escape: Skyride in St. Thomas

acharris1

On the Escape, do they sell the Skyride St. Thomas tickets? I thought maybe it'd be offered as an "excursion", but for some reason, St. Thomas is only showing me four excursions. If they do sell the tickets on the ship, anyone have luck using their shore excursion credit promo on the ticket purchases?

How far out is your cruise? I know there are more than just 4 ship excursions in St. Thomas.

If I remember rightly you can buy the Skyride tickets via NCL. They are considerably more than what you would pay at the Skyride though. Hopefully you will find something else to spend the $50 on.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's on July 23rd, so it's pretty close. When I looked at the Skyride on Trip Advisor, the people at the Skyride made it seem like it was cheaper to buy the tickets on the ships... Maybe all the excursions aren't showing because I've already booked an excursion in St. Thomas. I made the booking before I realized you had to call for the credit to apply.

If you just look under excursions (don't sign in and look under your particular cruise), the Skyride should show up. It is basically what you would pay if you walked up -- $21. I would just wait and book this on the ship and the shore excursion credit should work.

This is what we plan on doing for our upcoming Escape cruise. We would not have chosen this perk, but since we get all because we are in a suite, this is what we plan on using the credit for in St. Thomas.

Thanks for the info! Do you know, once we get onboard, if we book an excursion through the app, does the $50 shore excursion credit apply that way too?

Sorry...no idea. I've only ever booked one excursion through the cruise line and we did it ahead of time.

But this won't sell out, so you should have no issues doing it anytime before you get off the ship to go to the Skyride.

Edited by brookie848

On the Escape, do they sell the Skyride St. Thomas tickets? I thought maybe it'd be offered as an "excursion", but for some reason, St. Thomas is only showing me four excursions. If they do sell the tickets on the ship, anyone have luck using their shore excursion credit promo on the ticket purchases?

Unless they change how the operate NCL will make them available as an excursion, and you can use your credit. In fact tickets are usually slightly less expensive buying them on the ship than they are walking up.

Unless they change how the operate NCL will make them available as an excursion, and you can use your credit. In fact tickets are usually slightly less expensive buying them on the ship than they are walking up.

I was planning on using some OBC to cover the cost of the Skyride, pleasantly surprised to learn that tickets may actually cost less onboard than buying direct. That's pretty cool :cool:

How far out is your cruise? I know there are more than just 4 ship excursions in St. Thomas.

If I remember rightly you can buy the Skyride tickets via NCL. They are considerably more than what you would pay at the Skyride though. Hopefully you will find something else to spend the $50 on.

This isn't accurate. We bought tickets at the NCL Shore Excursion desk for less than what is charged at the Skyride.

Buy the tickets once onboard, the credit should count. Last summer they were $19 onboard and $21 at window. I've been told the tickets can be returned if unused, but we didn't need to verify. The Sky ride is a short walk from the ship so no need to book an excursion per se as there is no transportation required.

We did beach on our own in the AM, back to ship for showers and lunch then the Skyride. We had plenty of time to shop on the way back.

No way. As others are reporting here, they are always either the same or cheaper.

I found it on the NCL website. $21 per adult. $10 per child.

I could have sworn I saw kids free under a certain age somewhere but don't see it on NCL site. Is a 1 year old toddler free or charged the kids price?

Is this excursion through the ship handled like others, ie meet somewhere on the ship and all leave together, or do they just distribute the tickets for the Skyride and you leave the ship whenever you want without having to meet in the theater or elsewhere the morning we reach the port?

I just did this 2 weeks ago on the Escape.

Buy your tickets on board.

Go any time you want.:)

No meeting up for this excursion at all..

Very short walk to the skyride, but ALOT of stairs to reach the gondola and the 3 levels at the top!

If you have never taken this ride, let me tell ya, its well worth it, the views are amazing!:D

Is this excursion through the ship handled like others, ie meet somewhere on the ship and all leave together, or do they just distribute the tickets for the Skyride and you leave the ship whenever you want without having to meet in the theater or elsewhere the morning we reach the port?

Just order your tickets onboard. I may have done it with the free iConcierge app and the tickets were delivered to the cabin.

You walk over on your own so no meeting up or schedule. There are very visible guides along the way that helped direct us to the attraction. Stay as long as you like once on top. There's a restaurant and some shops and I think wifi has been reported, but I didn't even try to connect while up there. It was a really fun way to spend the afternoon. Once you arrive at the top of the stairs to board the gondola you'll have an option for a photo, $10, my mother bought ours (she likes photos and supporting locals).