St. Kitts excursions

andy2192

We decided what we wanted to do then contacted David at Poinciana tours to see if he could provide us with a driver for the day worked out great and price was reasonable. We did a tour of the city then out into the countryside stopped at some sites and scenic overlooks already mentioned here. Visited Romany manor and the batik factory. Spent the afternoon at Carambola Beach. It was a nice day.

We had a great day with Javin! Here is my TripAdvisor review and link to my photo album.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147373-d1945883-r187969349-Myislands_Tours_by_Javin-St_Kitts_and_Nevis.html#REVIEWS

St Kitts, Celebrity Summit, December 2013

Edited by cyntil8ing
Added Javin's web site

• 1 year later...

My husband, uncle and three kids -- a group ranging in age from 17 to 69 years old -- just spent a wonderful day with Leo Christopher of Leo's Tours & Taxi Service. Highly recommend! He met us at the cruise ship terminal as pre-planned (via email -- on which he is very communicative and responsive). His van was impeccable -- clean and safe. He brought along a variety of cold drinks, umbrellas and anything else necessary to sustain us on a multi-faceted tour around the entire island of St. Kitt's. Leo's lifetime of accumulated experience translates into colorful commentary on topics ranging from history, cultural traditions, naturopathic plants and herbs, sports, education, the environment and ecology. He's also generous with stories about his and his family's history and life experiences. The pride Leo feels in his island's heritage is palpable, matched only by his professionalism and courtesy. Don't miss an opportunity to spend the day with this wonderful man! His email address is: christopherom95@gmail.com

Edited by lesliemc123

My husband, uncle and three kids -- a group ranging in age from 17 to 69 years old -- just spent a wonderful day with Leo Christopher of Leo's Tours & Taxi Service. Highly recommend! He met us at the cruise ship terminal as pre-planned (via email -- on which he is very communicative and responsive). His van was impeccable -- clean and safe. He brought along a variety of cold drinks, umbrellas and anything else necessary to sustain us on a multi-faceted tour around the entire island of St. Kitt's. Leo's lifetime of accumulated experience translates into colorful commentary on topics ranging from history, cultural traditions, naturopathic plants and herbs, sports, education, the environment and ecology. He's also generous with stories about his and his family's history and life experiences. The pride Leo feels in his island's heritage is palpable, matched only by his professionalism and courtesy. Don't miss an opportunity to spend the day with this wonderful man! His email address is: christopherom95@gmail.com

This thread is from 2016 ;)

Another vote for Royston!

Used him twice and reserved a third for over a year out.

He was the cruise highlight for us both times.

He will personalize the tour to your tastes.

On a side note ..... my wife lost a piece of jewellery,

recently purchased , in his van .

He rushed back to the port to try and return it.

He ended up mailing it back to us in Canada at his expense,despite our suggestion that he hang on to it until the next visit .

A friendly and honest guy !

Neil

Soooooooooo, when old dead threads are brought back to life, people tend to not look at the dates (ahem) and take the information as current and valid. Lots change in over a year and a half time.

No. Not really. If you actually read the responses you would notice many said Royston and grey tours. Same rings true today.

We totally enjoyed Rose & Jim's Taxi & Tour.

DH doesn't get going until noon so I emailed them and they happily arranged a private van taxi tour for us starting around noon. We saw the whole island and stopped at the batik factory.

Rose was our guide/driver and was totally delightful. She was very knowledgeable about her island and happy to stop where ever we wanted and made sure we saw the best views.

I'd book her again in a heartbeat:)

We took a cab to the Shipwreck Beach Bar and it was great! One of my best cruise days. I would go back for sure!

It was a quick cab ride, the restaurant is on a beautiful black sand beach with really cute chairs with thatched shading, good snorkelling, tasty drinks and monkeys!!!

This is probably what we will do also, along with walking around the town near the cruise ship. We have 7 ports to visit and need to be economical about it. We have a group of 4 which is perfect for splitting a cab, and once at the beach you can just be lazy and eat/drink whatever you feel like, and not spend too much.

If you're a little adventurous, I recommend renting a car. We did this in November and it was our favorite day of our entire cruise. We drove out the southeast peninsula and spent time at Shipwreck Beach, Sand Bank Bay and Turtle Beach. The Reggae Beach Bar & Grill at Turtle Beach had the best Mahi sandwich I've ever eaten...and that's saying a lot because I'm from the Keys.

There's an Avis right by the pier. We paid something like $80 for the car plus the mandatory purchase of a $25 temporary drivers license. It was well worth it.