Royal IQ on Harmony

As there's 8 of us using Royal IQ for calling or texting each other sounds like a good idea. And good for $8

Do we download the app now and then it becomes live when we get on board. Or should we wait till we're on board and then download it ?

Does anyone know what we do to get the unique number for receiving calls or texts from each other.

It'll make it easier for getting in touch when we get back from excursions.

Thanks

W (one half of W & W) :):)

As there's 8 of us using Royal IQ for calling or texting each other sounds like a good idea. And good for $8

Do we download the app now and then it becomes live when we get on board. Or should we wait till we're on board and then download it ?

Does anyone know what we do to get the unique number for receiving calls or texts from each other.

It'll make it easier for getting in touch when we get back from excursions.

Thanks

W (one half of W & W) :):)

I would download the app now.

Hello there.

You can download the app at home, but Royal iQ only works when connected to the ship's Wi-Fi network. Once at the pier or onboard, connect to "royal-wifi" and register by entering your name as it appears on your SetSail Pass or SeaPass card, and a few other pieces of info. We recommend the device is placed on airplane mode to avoid incurring roaming charges.

To utilize the calling and texting functions, the Royal iQ communication package must be purchased. After purchasing a package, you can make calls and send texts to other devices with a purchased package onboard the ship from within the app. Each guest has a unique extension in Royal iQ and to communicate with others using the app, you'll need the other person's extension. This can be found in the Communication Menu of Royal iQ.

We hope this info helps!

Hello there.

You can download the app at home, but Royal iQ only works when connected to the ship's Wi-Fi network. Once at the pier or onboard, connect to "royal-wifi" and register by entering your name as it appears on your SetSail Pass or SeaPass card, and a few other pieces of info. We recommend the device is placed on airplane mode to avoid incurring roaming charges.

To utilize the calling and texting functions, the Royal iQ communication package must be purchased. After purchasing a package, you can make calls and send texts to other devices with a purchased package onboard the ship from within the app. Each guest has a unique extension in Royal iQ and to communicate with others using the app, you'll need the other person's extension. This can be found in the Communication Menu of Royal iQ.

We hope this info helps!

Thanks for the great reply. Told me everything I need to know.

Hello there.

We hope this info helps!

Question: When can you purchase the Royal IQ communication package? (This is the $8 per phone per whole cruise right?)

Question: When can you purchase the Royal IQ communication package? (This is the $8 per phone per whole cruise right?)

After you board.

Download for free now and pay for using the communications function on board.

Just off the Anthem. Download the app at home. (actually it was already downloaded from my Quantum Cruise). Once on board, you open the app. A "register" tab appears. Click on register, then enter your first name, Last name, and year of birth. That is it. Then the app is active and so are all of

it's features.

When you click on the the "Text Bubble", You can click on Purchase the "text and chat" package for $7.95 per device for the entire cruise. The people in your stateroom automatically appear in contacts with their ID #. You can either text them or call them through the app. You can also call extensions on the ship.

You can add other people on board to your contact list.

Very Important!!!!

You must leave the app open to receive texts, and calls. If you close the app, the sender will receive a message "person is off line"

Just wanted to chime in and thank everyone for the info on using the Royal IQ messaging function, as it's answered a bunch of questions I was wondering about.

I think the text function of the app gets lost with all the Voom package offers that are pushed. While it sounds like the text/chat may not be perfect ... for $8 per device it's still a pretty good option for on ship communication for those that don't need a full internet package

If you don't want the text/chat option can you still use Royal IQ to view what is going on ? Is there a charge for this ?

No charge for any of the other features, only a charge if you want to text.

If you don't want the text/chat option can you still use Royal IQ to view what is going on ? Is there a charge for this ?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

No, but it's worthless. The schedules were never accurate and it was impossible to make reservations on it (we were on the 6/30 Anthem cruise).

No charge for any of the other features, only a charge if you want to text.

You can also call if you purchase the communication features. I could not only call any person with this feature but any room or ship services. The Royal IQ was not perfect but I liked it.

Shak

You can also call if you purchase the communication features. I could not only call any person with this feature but any room or ship services. The Royal IQ was not perfect but I liked it.

Shak

I didn't realize the app had voice capability, thanks for the info.

• 2 months later...
Hello there.

We hope this info helps!

It's really great to see RCI answering questions in the forums!

Edited by GuavaTechAngels

Do you need to buy an internet package with this too or can the communication package be bought without vroom?

Edited by mandymac