Children in the Diamond Lounge?

I would think one of the reasons you have only had 1 child in the past is they weren't allowed in during cocktail hour until recently (officially, they did let them in sometimes) so you're more likely to see more in the future. Obviously depends when and where you cruise as well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We cruise in Europe and Dubai and often the DL are only about 75% full.

RCI D+. Princess Elite.P&O Atlantic.

Now RC are going more for Oasis class ships with SL and D+ relegated to DL i think RC with the 3 free drinks during cocktail hour will probably go down that route and make them D+ lounges.

You keep repeating this. D+ haven't had access to the SL as far as I know??? On ships with a CL, they still have access. Oasis Class no longer has a CL.

Wow i never ever hit my mam or dad i swear on the bible.

My mam hurt her hand a few times hitting me because i was physically strong.

In England, don't people say things that they expect others to understand the speaker is not saying something truthful? What is British for "sarcasm", or "tongue in cheek"? Would "Taking the piss", or "Nice one" work for you?

I know who she was but whats in the drink?

Excuse my ignorance I'm from England lol.

Shirley Temple (beverage)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shirley Temple Cocktail 220px-37e1806126d1aade_shirley-temple.jpg.xxxlarge_2x.jpg Shirley Temple with cherry garnish

Type Mixed drink Standard garnish Maraschino cherry A Shirley Temple is a non-alcoholic mixed drink traditionally made with ginger ale and a splash of grenadine, garnished with a maraschino cherry.[1][2][3][4] Modern Shirley Temple recipes may substitute lemon-lime soda or lemonade and sometimes orange juice in part, or in whole.[5][6]

Shirley Temples are often served to children dining with adults in lieu of real cocktails, as is the similar Roy Rogers.

The cocktail may have been invented by a bartender at Chasen's, a restaurant in Beverly Hills, California, to serve then-child actress Shirley Temple. However, other claims to its origin have been made.[7][8]

Temple herself was not a fan of the drink, as she told Scott Simon in an NPR interview in 1986: "The saccharine sweet, icky drink? Yes, well... those were created in the probably middle 1930s by the Brown Derby Restaurant in Hollywood and I had nothing to do with it. But, all over the world, I am served that. People think it's funny. I hate them. Too sweet!"[9]

Adding an ounce and a half of vodka or rum produces a "Dirty Shirley".[10]

Which one is that?

I'm from England and just getting the hang of your cryptic answers.

I do dish out some sarcasm myself when necessary lol.

There isn't a sarcasm font (but clearly one is needed). You need to analyze what is being said and try to determine if the person really means it, or is being sarcastic.

As you know, England and the United States are two countries separated by a common language.

Apologies, I missed that.

No need to apologize on this thread. This thread lost any meaning about 1,000 posts ago. Now it is just a fun entertaining thread. Where else can you find a thread that about Shirley Temple, footwear, short pants, and the price fluctuations of tea in China all while debating whether or not children should be doing cartwheels in the DL?

You keep repeating this. D+ haven't had access to the SL as far as I know??? On ships with a CL, they still have access. Oasis Class no longer has a CL.

I agree but like several other posters have remarked that with the free drinks vouchers they might make the DL into D+L and my point was that RC seem to be going down the Oasis class ships route and selling the smaller class ships and favouring better Suites and SLs therefore the number pressure of D+ would indicate this path of D+L.

I know who she was but whats in the drink?

Excuse my ignorance I'm from England lol.

A Shirley Temple is usually Sprite (or some other lemon-lime soda) with Grenadine and s bunch of cherries thrown in

In England, don't people say things that they expect others to understand the speaker is not saying something truthful? What is British for "sarcasm", or "tongue in cheek"? Would "Taking the piss", or "Nice one" work for you?

I try to tell it how it is and don't mind a bit of banter.

At 60 no one has ever disrespected me to my face in my lifetime.

My experience of 1 kid on 1 night out of 110 nights in DL suggests kids,their parents or both do not want to come into the DL.

I think in the US with Caribbean cruises there are a lot more younger Diamond and up members who are younger with kids that would prefer it though.

Yes taking the pxxx would be the word but i suppose it is easy for people to do it when they are faceless on CC.

I agree but like several other posters have remarked that with the free drinks vouchers they might make the DL into D+L and my point was that RC seem to be going down the Oasis class ships route and selling the smaller class ships and favouring better Suites and SLs therefore the number pressure of D+ would indicate this path of D+L.

So your saying move D out of DL with their 3 free drink vouchers? Isn't that the same as what you seemed to be opposed too, creating SL's instead of CL's?

No need to apologize on this thread. This thread lost any meaning about 1,000 posts ago. Now it is just a fun entertaining thread. Where else can you find a thread that about Shirley Temple, footwear, short pants, and the price fluctuations of tea in China all while debating whether or not children should be doing cartwheels in the DL?

You missed - and the opportunity for grapau27 to significantly increase his post count.

;p

Shirley Temple (beverage)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shirley Temple Cocktail 220px-37e1806126d1aade_shirley-temple.jpg.xxxlarge_2x.jpg Shirley Temple with cherry garnish

Type Mixed drink Standard garnish Maraschino cherry A Shirley Temple is a non-alcoholic mixed drink traditionally made with ginger ale and a splash of grenadine, garnished with a maraschino cherry.[1][2][3][4] Modern Shirley Temple recipes may substitute lemon-lime soda or lemonade and sometimes orange juice in part, or in whole.[5][6]

Shirley Temples are often served to children dining with adults in lieu of real cocktails, as is the similar Roy Rogers.

The cocktail may have been invented by a bartender at Chasen's, a restaurant in Beverly Hills, California, to serve then-child actress Shirley Temple. However, other claims to its origin have been made.[7][8]

Temple herself was not a fan of the drink, as she told Scott Simon in an NPR interview in 1986: "The saccharine sweet, icky drink? Yes, well... those were created in the probably middle 1930s by the Brown Derby Restaurant in Hollywood and I had nothing to do with it. But, all over the world, I am served that. People think it's funny. I hate them. Too sweet!"[9]

Adding an ounce and a half of vodka or rum produces a "Dirty Shirley".[10]

Thanks for the information,i think Pauline will like that.

There isn't a sarcasm font (but clearly one is needed). You need to analyze what is being said and try to determine if the person really means it, or is being sarcastic.

As you know, England and the United States are two countries separated by a common language.

Maybe i should stick to two word answers.lol

So your saying move D out of DL with their 3 free drink vouchers? Isn't that the same as what you seemed to be opposed too, creating SL's instead of CL's?

Not what I'm saying but by RC doing that it looks suspiciously so.