Can this be done?

jlivings

Hi, I booked a cruise in April 2017 along with 2 other couples. My cruise is paid, but the other 2 couples have decided not to go, after only putting $50.00 to book. They have not paid anymore than that so they aren't out much, but what about those cabins? Can another couple buy their way into that cabin? Can this be done?

My understanding is that at least one person from the original booking must stay on the reservation.

Alternative might be to coordinate cancellation with the person that want to book the room. After cancellation it comes back into inventory in 20 minutes.

If I understand correctly what you are saying, you want to change from your cabin to one of theirs. If the cabins are still available, just tell Celebrity (if you booked directly) or your travel agent that you wish to change to those cabins. Simple as that.

It sounds like you already have someone lined up to take one or both of those soon to be vacant cabins. If that's true, then I would suggest contacting your TA and see if she/he can handle cancelling two couples and booking your friends into one of the cabins. If you're dealing directly with Celebrity call and ask them how to go about rebooking the cabin with your new couple. Somehow I think it sounds more complicated than it is.

Hi, I booked a cruise in April 2017 along with 2 other couples. My cruise is paid, but the other 2 couples have decided not to go, after only putting $50.00 to book. They have not paid anymore than that so they aren't out much, but what about those cabins? Can another couple buy their way into that cabin? Can this be done?

If those 2 couples booked the cabins themselves, the easiest way to cancel is by logging into their Celebrity accounts and canceling the reservations themselves online, just by clicking Cancel.

The cabins are then released and become available again for anyone else to book, and their deposit is automatically refunded.

But if an agent booked those cabins for them (either a Celebrity agent or an outside travel agent), then they lose the option to cancel themselves and will need to contact an agent to cancel the cabins for them.

Either way, for a cruise in April 2017, if they cancel now they should be able to get their deposit back and not be out anything at all

(unless they used an agent who charges a cancellation fee).

Edited by varoo

If the other couple/s cancel then your friends can book and try to get the same cabin, if available at the time of their booking.

I'm guessing though that the price has gone up since your original friends booked and you are trying to get the lower price for your new friends. Unless one of the original friends keeps the reservation and a new friend joins them then a cancellation and a new booking will be at todays price.

On our recent cruise on the Allure, we had 4 staterooms close to one another. However DW's grandmother was assigned the room furthest from the aft elevators while our room was much closer. We wanted her closer to the elevators so that she didn't have a long walk every time.

We just asked our TA to switch the rooms which she was able to do without any issues. I suggest you do the same and then ask your friends to cancel their reservation.

Cheers!

Nick

I'd suggest the couple cancelling and the one wanting to been be in the same spot and ring celebrity.

I know people who have done it that way in the past and got it done.