Willdra’s Magnificent Carnival Magic July 9-16 Cruise

willdra

Willdra, we will be going on the Magic next year and while I am only on the second page of your review, I am loving it and you! I would love to cruise with you. While you do get frustrated and vent a bit, you get over it quickly and don't let it ruin the whole vacation. You are my kind of travelling companion!

And we live in Atlanta too! In Gwinnett near Stone Mountain.

oh my goodness!! I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed your review! so much I think this is the most I've ever posted on the site!! I'm going to need something to help with not having your posts to read each day.....do you have a blog?? FB group?? you have a following now :) and that backpack!! I can't stop laughing...seriously

Thank you for this review! I am 4 days away from my Magic cruise with my own brother and sister in-law (plus spouse, two adult nephews and my small boy). Please do tell: what are your cozumel staples? I don't want to miss anything!

W and I were extra lazy by this day so we slept until 9:30. I was supposed to go to the gym, but that did not happen (big shock). I did say extra lazy right? We took our time getting ready and we went to Sea Day brunch. We didn't feel like socializing with others since we are professional introverts, and we take it very seriously, so we waited about 10 minutes to get a table for two. Service was really, really, really slow. It was so slow that I actually forgot why we were there in the first place. Since W isn’t the ambassador or the poster person for patience, he reminded me. Several times. He also knew exactly how long we had been waiting, which is no surprise! Pray for me ya’ll!!

We remembered to bring our drink coupons so we could get our free drinks. W got an unopened Blue Moon and I got a blue margarita on the rocks with no salt. I brought my plastic cup with the lid and I poured my drink into it without the ice so that I could save it for later. We finally got our food (you already know what I had) and left around 11:30.

I forgot to mention that our fridge was empty when we got there so we could keep our stuff in it:

28249074782_d889807573.jpg

After leaving brunch, we planned to pass through Serenity first to see what was available, then activate Plan B which is the Lanai if we had zero luck in Serenity. When we got up to Serenity K and T were already up there. It was not crowded and there were a few clamshells available, so we grabbed one and settled in. It was nice and breezy so we just had to keep turning the clamshell to get the least amount of sun possible. Because shade goals! T had a bottle of champagne delivered to the cabin complements of John Heald for his 50th birthday, so K and I got orange juice from the Lido and made mimosas. Later on we took turns going to get food so that we didn't leave our spot unoccupied. Between food runs, I worked on my Jabba the Hut impression (I think I have it perfected now!). Does anyone have George Lucas’ phone number????

I left W around 4 because I wanted to start packing (Boooooooooo) and print out our Sail and Sign statement to make sure that it was accurate. It was so crowded at Guest Services and I found myself wondering “Why are there so many people at Guest Services???” “What is so important that this many people are willing to stand in line and waste precious cruise time???” I still don’t know the answer to that, so if ya’ll know then please enlighten a sister!

I was just going to the Sail and Sign kiosk on Deck 5. There was a line at that kiosk, but I looked down at the one on 3 and it was unoccupied so I walked down there. If there is one thing that I have learned from W, it’s to check all of your options before waiting in a line! The kiosks are awesome especially if you are like me and you just want to check your statement real quick. I also add my gift cards at the kiosk in the first few days of the cruise. Easy Peesy!

Sail and Sign Kiosk(A.K.A. Lifesaver)

28390533466_1d373f773b.jpg

This was also the day of our Platinum/Diamond Party, so we had to be ready for that! We got to the Spotlight lounge right at 5. K and T were already there when we got there, so we sat with them. They were serving small glasses of rum punch, whiskey sours, and screwdrivers. W and I got a rum punch and sat down. We flagged a waiter down and W ordered a Blue Moon and 2 Kiss on the Lips for K and I (you don’t have to drink what they have; you can order whatever you want. You’re welcome.). T does not drink at all. Ever. Nope not even then! He may be adopted. Remind me to check on that later!

We watched the new film and well, it kinda sucked! They have all of the ships running together at the end, and they don't call them out one by one anymore. Whose idea was that?????!!!!! Part of the fun for us was clapping and cheering for the ships that we sailed on previously. We were ready to hit the DAB on ‘em and everything! Not with this new dry, flaky, film! If you blinked, you would’ve missed it!

There were around 10-12 Diamond Cruisers called out, which was unusual. Normally there are 1 or 2, and they are usually well um, extremely mature. The CD would call their name and it takes about 5-10 minutes for them to realize they were called, then another 20 minutes to get to the stage for the picture. Let me tell you when I make Diamond, I plan on turning cartwheels and “Hitting The Quan” on the stage! (W would do it too, but he has bad knees) The party started wrapping up so K and I ran to the back to take a picture with Dr. E. We chatted with him for a few seconds then we headed out.

Me and Dr. E

27960638784_a23446579c.jpg

W and I went back to our cabin to finish packing before dinner. We got back to the dining room around 7. Much to our surprise K and T were already holding a buzzer because there was at least a 30 minute wait. Yes you read correctly. There’s at least a 30 minute wait on the last night! More waiting, Yay!!! Queue huge eye roll followed by a few deep breathing exercises!

45 minutes later (Uh huh 45 minutes) we heard the sweet hum of the pager signaling our victory! Brace yourselves, dinner is coming!

For dinner I had prime rib, mango cream, shrimp cocktail, and my last warm chocolate melting cake of the cruise. I dropped a silent tear because this was like saying goodbye to an old BFF.

Parting is such sweet sorrow!

28325851311_fbe2269bda.jpg

W had the Banana White Chocolate Bread Pudding

28249044672_8a754e8cf9.jpg

W and T wanted to try this Ricotta Ravioli

27736815193_5e3b681a95.jpg

We finished right at 9:05 so we sped back to the line for the comedy show. Nery was on first and he was hilarious! Mike went next and he was good too. We didn't stay for the 11:30 show because it was too late (remember we have an almost 49 and a 50 year old in our party) and we all had to get up early to get kicked off of the ship the next morning.

I said a prayer thanking God that he has given the Carnival Chefs the recipes to those Chocolate Chip Pancakes, Cheddar Grits, Warm Chocolate Melting Cake, and the many other delectables that they share with us, that W has taught me to weigh my options before standing in line, and for Cheese!!!! (I don’t think ya’ll know how much I love cheese!)

Just one more day left ya'll!!

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu!

Willdra, we will be going on the Magic next year and while I am only on the second page of your review, I am loving it and you! I would love to cruise with you. While you do get frustrated and vent a bit, you get over it quickly and don't let it ruin the whole vacation. You are my kind of travelling companion!

And we live in Atlanta too! In Gwinnett near Stone Mountain.

Hey neighbor!!!! We are also in Gwinnett County further north tho closer to the Mall of GA. I'm so glad that you said hey!!! [emoji2][emoji106]🏾[emoji106]🏾[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

oh my goodness!! I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed your review! so much I think this is the most I've ever posted on the site!! I'm going to need something to help with not having your posts to read each day.....do you have a blog?? FB group?? you have a following now :) and that backpack!! I can't stop laughing...seriously

LOL I'm so glad that you are still hanging with me!!! I'm having a lot of fun recreating this Magical Mayhem! [emoji7][emoji267][emoji267][emoji7]

If you're Platinum, didn't the Magic have a priority Guest Services line? We bought FTTF, so just want to check. Not that I anticipate needing it, just good to know.

Also, I think the lines were due to all "those" people who want to remove tips the last day. Don't understand that at all. The crews work so hard to make everything great.

Sorry to hear the new film doesn't allow time for clapping after each ship, I guess I am a little sentimental but that part will be missed.

Great review!

Edited by JaniceB

Just wanted you to know I am loving your review! Thank you for taking the time to do it. I've done a few and know how time consuming they can be.

I have to know what you thought about the key lime pie at Kermit's? We were in Key West a few years ago and instead of a bar crawl I did a key lime pie crawl - I'm not a drinker but do love my key lime pie! All I can say is that Kermit's was my favorite by a mile. It was delicious! If I ever hit the lottery I'm going to have some sent to my home.

We are going on the Magic in February - no kids - which is a good thing since sometime next month we will be growing from 4 to 6 - we are adopting our 2 foster sons. Umm, I may have to change my name on here. Anyway, it's always great to read a review on a ship you are getting ready to go on - especially when it's done like yours is - with a grain of salt. I wish most people went on vacation with your attitude. They would have a much better time.

We love the Dream also - only cruised on her one time but it was our best trip yet. Still hoping to get back on her again and be able to cruise with the Blackjack Band.

We live in Dalton - just a little north of you!

Thanks again and keep it coming!

Edited by GeorgiaMomof4
more info

If you're Platinum, didn't the Magic have a priority Guest Services line? We bought FTTF, so just want to check. Not that I anticipate needing it, just good to know.

Also, I think the lines were due to all "those" people who want to remove tips the last day. Don't understand that at all. The crews work so hard to make everything great.

Yes there is a Priority Line at Guest Services, however on that last day it was packed too. I could do everything that I needed at the kiosk, so it was all good. [emoji4]

Sorry to hear the new film doesn't allow time for clapping after each ship, I guess I am a little sentimental but that part will be missed.

Great review!

Thank you!!! [emoji1][emoji106]🏾

Who is going on the Magic on Halloween?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

LOL that was really random!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Love it!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Just wanted you to know I am loving your review! Thank you for taking the time to do it. I've done a few and know how time consuming they can be.

I have to know what you thought about the key lime pie at Kermit's? We were in Key West a few years ago and instead of a bar crawl I did a key lime pie crawl - I'm not a drinker but do love my key lime pie! All I can say is that Kermit's was my favorite by a mile. It was delicious! If I ever hit the lottery I'm going to have some sent to my home.

We are going on the Magic in February - no kids - which is a good thing since sometime next month we will be growing from 4 to 6 - we are adopting our 2 foster sons. Umm, I may have to change my name on here. Anyway, it's always great to read a review on a ship you are getting ready to go on - especially when it's done like yours is - with a grain of salt. I wish most people went on vacation with your attitude. They would have a much better time.

We love the Dream also - only cruised on her one time but it was our best trip yet. Still hoping to get back on her again and be able to cruise with the Blackjack Band.

We live in Dalton - just a little north of you!

Thanks again and keep it coming!

Thank you so much for all of the compliments! I really liked Kermit's Key Lime Pie! [emoji172][emoji172][emoji172]We chose his because he was standing out there holding it when we passed by on the city tour and it looked yummy! [emoji6] W doesn't really do key lime so he didn't get any. (I know right?!?!) Anywho I only ate half of mine and put the rest in our refrigerator when we got back. He decided that he wanted to taste it later, then next thing I know, it was gone! [emoji848] He devoured it! [emoji22]LOL It's cool though because now I have a reason for him to take me back!! [emoji122]🏾[emoji122]🏾[emoji122]🏾

Kermit has the recipe online here:

http://www.keylimeshop.com/key-lime-pie

He also sells the Key Lime Pie Filling for $5.95. Maybe not exactly the same, but I'll bet it's close. [emoji5]

The Dream is very near and dear to my heart. ❤️ We've sailed her the most, and we still love her!! ❤️❤️

Have fun on The Magic!!! I miss her so much already!!! [emoji1]

Hi Jeff -

Could you contact me via regular email? agrant1965@gmail.com

I have a question I'd like to ask.

Sorry OP - not meaning to intrude on your review - which I am loving by the way!

No problem, that just bumped my review and number of replies up, and makes it look more popular!! [emoji12][emoji12]