what should I do

booze brothers

QLS, SAS, JiffyJeff, Go Airport Shuttle are mentioned often.

Several if not all of these are not licensed to pick up passengers at MIA. Please check carefully.

Also check uber's status for pick up at MIA...seems it is often in the news. OTOH, a taxi to a Miami hotel and then uber to Port Everglades should work well.

Edited by thinfool

Personally I would want to get to FLL. Find a hotel along 17th Street in FLL, Embassy Suites, Hyatt, Holiday Inn, what ever suits your budget. The next day you can sleep late, eat breakfast, do lost minute shopping at the shopping mall, and take a taxi to your ship. If we are traveling with HAL we usually arrive at about 11:30 or 12 and drop our bags. Celebrity never seems to have rooms ready until after 1:30. If using Celebrity we usually arrive at about 1:30 or 2. Since we are usually doing a transatlantic we like to eat nice lunch in FLL.

Shuttles raise their prices later in the day. So price them out as well as hotels. You could stay in a nearby MIA hotel with shuttle to and from MIA. Then go back to MIA and pick up a shuttle transfer easily to Port Everglades in the morning.

I like to be in the port city for the day before. But in your case, arriving so late, you really need to look at what you plan to do for the evening. If just crashing, then I'd look to stay put until morning. A cab will run about $75-80 to get you to Fort Lauderdale. Shuttle from MIA to the port in the morning will run $15 per person.

Just depends what you want to do. And your budget. March rates are HIGH.

Edited by eandj

Stay near MIA in the Blue Lagoon area - Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites and others. Airport shuttles, local strip mall nearby with shopping and dining options, etc.

The next morning you can Uber to PE (about $45-50), taxi to PE (about $80+tip), use a one-way car rental MIA-FLL, shuttle (Super Shuttle, American Shuttle, or Go Airport) for about $30+ per person, or ride the Tri-Rail train from MIA to FLL and then grab a $15 cab to the port.