150 Central Park

Those menus have ruled us out. No vegetarian options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can talk to the chef ahead of time. I have read other posts that they have been very accommodating for those in groups where someone has dietary restrictions.

We were on the Oasis 6/25 and enjoyed dinner at 150 Central Park. There are two different menus and there are no choices to be made. I believe they change menus on Wednesday. That said, the BEST food we have ever had on a cruise. We also had the most attentive, helper waiter (even mentioned him on our post cruise survey). Just a suggestion....don't eat all day beforehand😉

We did 150 CP on allure at the end of may.

we had the fixed menus, which changed mid-week.

they were able to easily substitute dishes for someone in our party who was allergic to nuts and someone who can't have spice. we stopped by the restaurant the day before our reservation and spoke to the folks at the host stand to explain the limitations; they gave notes to the chef and when we sat down for dinner he had already planned out alternatives for us.

we're not really drinkers so i don't know how the pairings work (though a cucumber martini sounds pretty good... :D ).

we booked the 5-night dining package for the upcoming harmony TA. we had to choose whether we wanted to start it on night 1 or 2 (we chose 2). royal will choose the restaurant for that night, and the restaurants and dates for the other 4 nights, though they can be changed onboard. if you're in a suite, the concierge can change them for you.

We were on the Harmony on July 10. 150 CP menu was $45 for a 3 course a la carte. I was told by the head chef that it was a decision by Michael Schwartz to change to the a la carte menu. This may spread to the other Oasis/Quantum class ships in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on the Harmony on July 10. 150 CP menu was $45 for a 3 course a la carte. I was told by the head chef that it was a decision by Michael Schwartz to change to the a la carte menu. This may spread to the other Oasis/Quantum class ships in the future.

Darn! I much prefer a 6-7 course set tasting menu to a 3-course alacarte menu.

I agree - this is very disappointing. How many choices did you get for each course? Did they still offer wine pairings? (I've never gotten the pairing, but wonder if it's possible given the new format.)

On my Oasis cruise, I was able to choose 3 of my 6 courses - and only had a choice between 2 selections. But, I still had 6 courses total. It was my favorite specialty and was pleased when it seemed like they went back to two menus. Plan on going twice in January- or, at least, that's what I was going to do.

When we went to 150 CP on Oasis in Jan. We could choose from anything on the menu, things must have changed. The wine list is completely different than any wine list on the ship (quite pricey). When I questioned this we were told 150 is not run by RCI is leased out to a private company? But it was the second best dinner we've had on a ship! :D Enjoy

Hi Plowboy920 - I am curious...If Central Park 150 was your second best dinner you had on a ship, what was your "All-Time #1 Dinner on a Ship?"

Inquiring minds want to know!

I agree - this is very disappointing. How many choices did you get for each course? Did they still offer wine pairings? (I've never gotten the pairing, but wonder if it's possible given the new format.)

On my Oasis cruise, I was able to choose 3 of my 6 courses - and only had a choice between 2 selections. But, I still had 6 courses total. It was my favorite specialty and was pleased when it seemed like they went back to two menus. Plan on going twice in January- or, at least, that's what I was going to do.

We're doing Allure in December and it appears that each time I go on the Royal website I see something different for 150 Central Park. Right now it is showing 3 courses for $45 and no mention of the pairing ?????????????? The other day it showed the pairing as an option. ?????????

Hi Plowboy920 - I am curious...If Central Park 150 was your second best dinner you had on a ship, what was your "All-Time #1 Dinner on a Ship?"

Inquiring minds want to know!

The Chef's Table!! Same ship same week! No choices on the menu (unless you had an allergy or can't eat a particular spice). The wine pairings were awesome, the service was great, but it did take 3 hours so don't book a show the night you decide to go there! Jeff

Don't forget to try the Cucumber Martini - it's a specialty of 150 CP - fantastic and isn't available anywhere else!

On Oasis, the Champagne bar made them as well. It was one of the ones we made in martini class. Totally surprised how good it was

No Chef's Table in Harmony because there no where to host it! Chef's Table was best on the Allure. I will see if there is one on Oasis in November.

Not that I'm surprised with anything Royal does, but Chef's Table is still showing up on my January Harmony cruise. And I even already paid for it! But, this is not the first I heard of this. Will keep fingers crossed that they find a place to squeeze it in.

You beat me to it, I was about to say the same thing ! We were on Harmony in June and will be on again in 3 weeks. We were able to choose two appetizers and an entree if we didn't want dessert which was good for us (I know we are crazy!)

We're doing Allure in December and it appears that each time I go on the Royal website I see something different for 150 Central Park. Right now it is showing 3 courses for $45 and no mention of the pairing ?????????????? The other day it showed the pairing as an option. ?????????

It does indeed now show the 3 courses. I would presume that one could select a couple appetizers to get close to the same experience (and can be done in other 3 course specialty restaurants). Doesn't look bad, just different.

But thus far no wine pairing option

the menu page on the royal website says 3-course dinner for $45 or 4-course dinner with wine pairing for $89 (including the wine). i got to the menu through the web page on royal's site specifically about michael schwartz.

i'm actually thrilled with this change. there are tons of things on the 3-course menu that i will eat. with the fixed menu, there were a couple of courses i had to pawn off on my tablemates because i don't eat things like beets or most seafood. what i did eat was delicious, and more than enough, but i'd rather have choices.

Okay so I finally found the option with the wine pairing...it was listed separately as a special offer as opposed to an option with 150 Central Park. So my next question is can one of us get it with the wine pairing and one without (I drink more than DH).

Thanks in advance

Okay so I finally found the option with the wine pairing...it was listed separately as a special offer as opposed to an option with 150 Central Park. So my next question is can one of us get it with the wine pairing and one without (I drink more than DH).

Thanks in advance

Sure.

the menu page on the royal website says 3-course dinner for $45 or 4-course dinner with wine pairing for $89 (including the wine). i got to the menu through the web page on royal's site specifically about michael schwartz.

i'm actually thrilled with this change. there are tons of things on the 3-course menu that i will eat. with the fixed menu, there were a couple of courses i had to pawn off on my tablemates because i don't eat things like beets or most seafood. what i did eat was delicious, and more than enough, but i'd rather have choices.

Any chance you could post a screenshot of the 3 course menu?

I am really hoping the new menu has not made it to the Allure yet. I know that it states it on the website, however people are still saying that it is the prix fixe menu is still available on the Allure.

I think the 6 course meal made the experience unique and we were really looking forward to it again for our cruise in Sept. I am just not sold yet with the 3 course meal for the same price. It makes me feel as if it is just an expensive MDR meal.

Just me I guess and I am usually excited for some change.

Any chance you could post a screenshot of the 3 course menu?

So strange - I can see the desserts in my reservation, but they aren't on this menu. At any rate, here is appetizers and entree - and where the poster saw wine pairings! Certainly makes it look like you can't get 2 appetizers as I commented above...

74395c1fb4d99e7ca5c7a5e68e44a592.png

b04e62d4cb7bd45a221a3fd037b50b1c.png

8f1eb6f2d6c632d6700baec39b0fd7a9.png

f5278be70404490c50b477b989f252bb.png

Sorry if anything is cut off.

The above picture clearly states 3 courses or 4 courses with pairing. RCCL's "improved" website needs more improvement IMHO. Before I book I want to know see the regular menus so I know which night I don't want to eat in the MDR. I have menus from a few months ago but word is that they're changing so I will wait a little while yet to book