Live Anthem 7/23 5 day Bermuda

Boarded today and some good and some bad. Dropping off and parking was a snap. Check-in was a snap. Boarding took a long time and they had some issues with the gangway.

But everyone got on.

Food was mixed. The good first. Dined in two 70 after boarding and it was ok. The Starbucks is nice on the royal replenish. Windjammer is also nicely laid out and the food has some different choices.

Dinner at American Icon. Service was good and the food was much better then I expected. Had the lamb chops. The bar service was soooooooooow. But they did giver everyone a bottle of water to take away.

We had early seating so after dinner, the pool and pool bar was empty.

I need to review my list of virgin drinks because it didn't seem like a lot and they don't have a menu.

Now for the ripping. Windjammer closes too early for snack after the pool. And no 24 hour soft serve and non on sail away day. That's CRAP. Carnival was 24 hour ice cream a Polooza.

So after 9pm there are 3 choices. Sorrento for pizza. That is going to get old quick. Cafe promenade which is small and no choices. One sugar free cookie and a cranberry cookie and Napoleon and a couple sandwiches. That's it.

La pasteria has some nice stuff but it is all extra.

So ok I will bite and pay $4.50 for a cup of Ben and Jerry's but they only have 2 of the 5 flavors on the menu. Cherry Garcia and some cheese Cake flavor.

So far the food is good but everything closes early and you have to break out your wallet after 9pm.

Tomorrow is a sea day and we will see.

Also the freestyle machines true to the reports are always broke.

It is entertaining watching everyone on the first day trying to get soda out of them with anything that holds liquids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Slept in a bit this morning and caught the end of breakfast at windjammer. Food was good. Royal replenish did Seattle coffee latte. Nice to have it right there even though slow service. Kids did ifly. We have 2:30pm North Star but the weather is overcast and raining so fingers crossed. The Gift at 9 tonight and dinner at Chic.

I love the different art all over the ship. My second cruise. First was Carnival Breeze. This ship is big and beautiful and doesn't feel crowded at times. So many activities there is no way to do it all. I do hate the smoking section by the pool and it is very hard to avoid it.

Thank you for this live review. The picture of your daughters is fantastic.

I see you went to American Icon - did you notice - do they still have

the pressed penny machine near the entrance - and did it work

( I saw it in a picture from the cruise critic picture list).

I hope you all enjoy your cruise and have good weather.

Thanks again.

Donna in New Jersey

Guest maddycat
I love the different art all over the ship. My second cruise. First was Carnival Breeze. This ship is big and beautiful and doesn't feel crowded at times. So many activities there is no way to do it all. I do hate the smoking section by the pool and it is very hard to avoid it.

Just walk on the other side of the deck. I did that. If I forgot and ended up in the smoking section, I held my breath and walked quickly.

Oh and only one running. Just like half the other stuff on this ship, broken.

That really stinks that so many things are broken. I need you to complain loudly and get all this stuff fixed! We are sailing in just over a month and DH needs his diet root beer!:eek::D

Just kidding, I hope you continue to find stuff that is functional and keep sharing the great pictures of your girls.:)

We got off the ship yesterday from a surprisingly nice 9 nighter weather wise. After cruising from the Atlantic a few times I can say that we had the calmest seas from St. Maarten back to Bayonne,a rarity !

I agree with the postings about how many items are broke, just not working all OVER the ship. We saw that as well.

Embarkation went well especially where there were people outside with laptops signing people in avoiding the lines. What was also noticeable was that shows that were booked on line a few weeks ago didn't all hold true OR there were changes made that people were not notified about. A word to those who have not booked on line previous to embarkation, you'll be waiting a long time to get what you were hoping to get. This ship is very much unlike others. Guest Services is understaffed, sometimes with only one person, so expect long lines and maybe get the right answer. We found that what one person tells you a different person will have a different answer for the same question ! The Loyalty Ambassador was hardly helpful when asked questions as well. We had 17 in our group, all from north of Boston !

Too funny!! We did Allure first in 2013, then Breeze in 2014. We were just off the 5 day Anthem 7/9-7/14. Reading your review and it sounds like everything we experienced is pretty similar......including trying to avoid the smoking area. LOL.

Lisa

Edited by mom2mnem

4760d45a580fc4513ea6b9e5e067d974.jpg

What a turn around in weather. North Star was great. That thing sways much more then I imagined. Also the attendant said they no longer go over the ship to cut the ride time to get more rides per session. It looked like the standby line was moving pretty good.

Thanks for your postings and photos.

Wishing you a great time in Bermuda.

Im sure you all will love it there.

We have been on Athem a few times and Bermuda

a few times.

We really had a great time going around the

island, Jacob's Cove is the best.

Can't wait to go back!

Dinner at Chic was very good. Chic and American Icon are laid out the same way so the tables are in the same spots which is nice. I just noticed I am not taking food pics. Just enjoying it. We are celebrating a 50th anniversary and we ordered a cake before we left to be delivered tonight in the dining room. Well it showed up the first night in my in-laws room and they didn't know what it was. Just roll with it. Off to The Gift.

Great picture in prior post, was that from inside the NorthStar? That is

one of the clearest I have seen.

Thanks for all the pics and info.

Hope you continue to have good weather and fun times.

Donna in NJ