Live Anthem 7/23 5 day Bermuda

Boarded today and some good and some bad. Dropping off and parking was a snap. Check-in was a snap. Boarding took a long time and they had some issues with the gangway.

But everyone got on.

Food was mixed. The good first. Dined in two 70 after boarding and it was ok. The Starbucks is nice on the royal replenish. Windjammer is also nicely laid out and the food has some different choices.

Dinner at American Icon. Service was good and the food was much better then I expected. Had the lamb chops. The bar service was soooooooooow. But they did giver everyone a bottle of water to take away.

We had early seating so after dinner, the pool and pool bar was empty.

I need to review my list of virgin drinks because it didn't seem like a lot and they don't have a menu.

Now for the ripping. Windjammer closes too early for snack after the pool. And no 24 hour soft serve and non on sail away day. That's CRAP. Carnival was 24 hour ice cream a Polooza.

So after 9pm there are 3 choices. Sorrento for pizza. That is going to get old quick. Cafe promenade which is small and no choices. One sugar free cookie and a cranberry cookie and Napoleon and a couple sandwiches. That's it.

La pasteria has some nice stuff but it is all extra.

So ok I will bite and pay $4.50 for a cup of Ben and Jerry's but they only have 2 of the 5 flavors on the menu. Cherry Garcia and some cheese Cake flavor.

So far the food is good but everything closes early and you have to break out your wallet after 9pm.

Tomorrow is a sea day and we will see.

Also the freestyle machines true to the reports are always broke.

It is entertaining watching everyone on the first day trying to get soda out of them with anything that holds liquids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for your thoughts.

Review of The Gift.

I think the most critical thing would be some of the people in my group had a rough time following the story.

It wasn't the most compelling story but it took a back seat to the singing, dancing and visuals. The singers were so good. The applause was muted between numbers where there was clearly an pause for it. I think people went in with low expectations. But the applause did pick up at the end. It was entertaining which is the point.

What a turn around in weather. North Star was great. That thing sways much more then I imagined. Also the attendant said they no longer go over the ship to cut the ride time to get more rides per session. It looked like the standby line was moving pretty good.

Can't seem to find this answer anywhere: how long does the Northstar ride usually last?

Still only flavor of ice cream at la Patisserie is cherry Garcia and strawberry cheesecake [emoji35]. Sorrento jammed at 10pm and as per usual one of the freestyle machines is broke. Cafe promenade has a few types of sandwiches and Napoleon, coconut cookie and raspberry cookie. So after 9:45 pm it is slim pickings on this ship.

Room review superior balcony deck 9. The room is nice and the balcony is spacious. The best part about this room is the storage. Plenty of space with closets and drawers. The worst part is the bathroom. The shower leaks and the floor always wet. And it overall is tiny. The family ocean view on the breeze couldn't be beat. Two bathrooms both with showers so two people could get ready at the same time.

Joe,

I can see in your photo that the row of large padded Sun Beds still exist on the lower landing over the pool area. Do you know if they're still renting those? When we sailed on Anthem last year they rented them by the day for $150. Just trying to understand if that's still the case. Thanks in advance for the help and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Joe,

I can see in your photo that the row of large padded Sun Beds still exist on the lower landing over the pool area. Do you know if they're still renting those? When we sailed on Anthem last year they rented them by the day for $150. Just trying to understand if that's still the case. Thanks in advance for the help and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Hi, do you mean the dark brown ones just above the kids pool? When we were on her in April this had been turned into a Suite only deck.

Joe,

they were available for rent on our cruise June 30.

Hey Royal Caribbean if you are reading this maybe print this out and put on the ships:

Coca Cola Freestyle Dispenser Users Manual https://fccid.io/document.php?id=1255893

Cynical me would say that they don't fix them so that they dispense less product over the course of the cruise.

Edited by marci22

Can you tell me if you saw men in the dining room with golf shirts with jackets or should my SO wear a dress shirt with jacket?

We got off the Anthem the 23rd. The Grand wants people to dress up more formal than casual. Men if you don't wear a suit jacket then they'll give you one to wear. (they don't have a lot to give out) Nine out of 10 men put the jacket on their chair. Who knows who wore the jacket last ? That's a lame requirement for the Grand Restaurant. People are on vacation.