question of whale watching excursion

We booked a WW through Juneau Tours in Juneau and was very happy with it. We combined the tour with Mendenhall Glacier and the city. The WW was great. There was a pod of about 10 humpbacks bubbling netting including 3 breaches during the tour. So cool!

http://www.juneautours.com/book-a-tour/details/62560/city-glacier-whale-watch-combo/

Hello ,

We are on the Royal Caribbean 5B Alaska May 2017. First cruise ever!

Can any one tell me the best port for a Whale Watching Excursion?

Seems as though there is one for every port.

thank you

You may also want to consult the Alaska port of call forum here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

I have been twice and both time did it in Juneau, I used Orca Ent. Was very happy both times very fast boat so you don't waste time getting to and from where the whales are. Funny story we were on a Celebrity cruise line and the naturalist on board took the same tour we did with Orca, so it was great in two ways, have to figure he could go on any tour he wanted and he chose and knew Capt. Larry, and he did not take the ships tour.

There are whale watching excursions at every port and all will be fairly similar, but personally I'd vote for Icy Straight Point. We've gone through two companies there and it was amazing both times. My main reason for choosing ISP is because there isn't as much to do there as in the other ports, for us at least, so it just fit the best.

It's a strait. A strait is a narrow passage of water.

Straight means direct or a line without a curve or bend.

Straight means some other things, too, but it has nothing to do with a port of call in Alaska.

:)

I'm not sure what port is the best for whale watching but we did ours at Icy Straight and it was excellent. We booked a private tour with Glacier Winds. They and several others are mentioned on this thread in the Alaska forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2020899

We did also did the tour at Icy Strait with Glacier Winds - Juneau has a LOT of other things to do, ISP, not so many. There will not be more whales at one point vs. the other - so plan out what you will be doing at each stop to decide.

It's a strait. A strait is a narrow passage of water.

Straight means direct or a line without a curve or bend.

Straight means some other things, too, but it has nothing to do with a port of call in Alaska.

:)

I wish we could just call it Hoonah but too many people wouldn't recognize it.