Gold and up given preferred treatment for anytime dining on the Vista?

Velvetwater

On a big Vista page somewhere on the web people were talking about booking anytime dining on bigger ships (more specifically the Vista).

Apparently blue/red carders had to book on deck 5 then proceed to the dining room whereas Gold (and up I presume) could go straight to the dining room.

Has anyone found this on the Vista? Or did everyone have to book on deck 5 then head to the dining room to 'check in' again.

We are gold so this would be sort of convenient if true.

If anyone wants a direct quote this time I have it saved ;)

From what I understand there is a separate line at anytime dining for Platinum and diamond but not gold.

Pat

That is correct. We are Gold and did not receive any special treatment for YTD on the Vista. However, the Platinum and Diamond members did.

I was gold on my cruise on Vista at the beginning of June. On the first night, I went to the 5th floor check in and was told I have reserved seating and to go directly to the restaurant. Went directly to the restaurant from then on and was always seated quite promptly. Don't know if it was gold or done for some other reason.

We booked 11 months in advance and were waitlisted for an early dinning seat for a Vista Feb cruise. I'm hoping We may still get the early as we were lucky enough to get faster to the fun as it sold out in a few hrs. I bought it just to have a better chance at an early dinning. I'm wondering if having FTTF would get us in the same line as Diamond and Platinum for anytime seating if we don't make the early seating?

We booked 11 months in advance and were waitlisted for an early dinning seat for a Vista Feb cruise. I'm hoping We may still get the early as we were lucky enough to get faster to the fun as it sold out in a few hrs. I bought it just to have a better chance at an early dinning. I'm wondering if having FTTF would get us in the same line as Diamond and Platinum for anytime seating if we don't make the early seating?

I didn't think FTTF got you anything special with MDR privileges.

I just looked it up below.

Looks like I should be able to get early dinning priorities which is what we prefer and maybe some privileges to your time dining. It states no benefit to specific time reservations which I don't know what that is.

Dining Reservations

Priority Dinner Time Assignment: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.

Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room.

Any idea what happens if you're Platinum and the cabin you're linked to for dining is not?

I'm traveling with my parents and we have YTD. I'm Platinum and they're in a different cabin and are not Platinum.

You check in and tell them that there are four of you in your party, no problem. We had the same last December on the Splendor. Ther were eight of us and my wife and I were the only Platinum, I checked us in and we always got priority seating.

You check in and tell them that there are four of you in your party, no problem. We had the same last December on the Splendor. Ther were eight of us and my wife and I were the only Platinum, I checked us in and we always got priority seating.

Great news!!! Thank you!!

I was gold on my cruise on Vista at the beginning of June. On the first night, I went to the 5th floor check in and was told I have reserved seating and to go directly to the restaurant. Went directly to the restaurant from then on and was always seated quite promptly. Don't know if it was gold or done for some other reason.

We were on the July 9th sailing and had the exact same experience. We are Gold, checked in on deck 5 on the 1st night and told that we could go directly to the MDR using the line on the left that night and for the rest of the cruise.

Just returned from the July 19th sailing, we never once went to deck 5 to check in for YTD. We just went to deck 3 or 4 and let them know we were ready to eat. We had a party of 7. We always requested the table for 8 instead of the cramped table for 6 with the added chair. The longest we ever waited for a table was 5 minutes.

Expect to have dinner take at least 90 mins to 2 hours to complete your meal. In my opinion, service was very slow and hit and miss.

I've not been on the Vista yet but have cruised a variety of other CCL ships and have never found YTD to have a long wait, 5 to 10 minutes tops, and if you don't mind being seated with others, rarely a wait at all. I think it depends on what the desires are on how long it takes to seat. We will be turning Platinum this time and will gladly take whatever perks they offer, but it's really not that big of a "thing" I love YTD, I like to eat when I want to, not when I'm "scheduled"

We had a group of 7 family members most of us are Gold but not all.We were ATD and usually went to dinner about 7 to 7:30. We never had to wait at all and we were always seated at a lovely table with a window where we could see the wake.We also sent someone to deck 5 to check in on the 1st night but were told it was not necessary to do that again.