So what is your favorite excursions for Montego bay and Costa Maya?

Galleon1234

Definitely don't stay on the ship in either of these ports. They are both great. I've only been to costA maya once and did maya chan. It was a wonderful day. Some of the best service and food I've ever had at a day resort. For Montego Bay I've been there twice. Both times we booked a private custom tour with uton tours. I emailed them and told them what we we wanted to do and our guide, Palmer, put together great days at reasonable prices. Both trips were unique experiences. I'm someone who cruises for the ports, not the ship (usually first one off the ship and last one back on in each port) and these are 2 that I would go back and visit again.

In Montego Bay we did a day pass through carnival one year but we had to ride the bus from Falmouth which made the time too short at the resort. Wondering if Carnival is offering day pass excursions and which resort you like best. We love to snorkel at the resort too.

Edited by shadow1234

For us in Costa Maya, we leave the port via taxi to Majahual -- little village about ten minutes from the port. We then find a restaurant that serves a whole fried fish. We find a table under a palapa and enjoy the meal along with cold beers and margaritas.

BTW, last time the taxi was $3pp going and $2pp returning to port. :D

Take a taxi from the pier to the public beach. Go to the area behind Senor Frogs. The chairs and umbrellas are free, if you eat and drink from Senor Frogs. They offer beach service and there are massage tables set up on both sides. $25 for a 30 minute massage or $45 for a one hour massage. Some of the best massages I've ever had. We've been there several times and look forward to each return trip!