New Internet?

tjosh7

I was on the Dawn last week and the internet speed was faster than last year but still a lot slower than the speed I get at home.
Wondering. If they make the internet on the ships 4x's faster than what it was or is (snails pace), wouldn't it still be a lot slower than the internet speeds we get at home? I'm thinking maybe 4x's a snail's pace is maybe a sloth's pace. Maybe someone with internet knowledge about the subject could answer the question.

Remember when people went on vacation and couldn't be connected to anything?
That is actually the major reason I started cruising. I had a high pressure job and my bosses would call me every time I was on vacation, so I went on a cruise, so they couldn't get a hold of me and liked it so much I kept cruising over the years.

There is no way you can expect the same speed onboard that you have at home. First you are sharing the internet with a lot of other people and at the same time it all has to go up to a satellite and then back down to an earth station before it eve hits the internet that you and I come to love.

I was on the Dawn last week and the internet speed was faster than last year but still a lot slower than the speed I get at home.

It will never be as fast as your home service. You still will have the latency of satellite communications and the challenge of shared bandwidth hundreds of others using the service.

Brilliant shining examples of life and issues (and cruise critic) taken way too seriously....lighten up people!!!

We are all here to find out information - a great resource indeed until someone hijacks the thread.

I really could care less about the internet on a cruise.......my issue is with NCL making a promise that seems now unkept per their website.......and please don't flame me.....I am fiercely loyal to NCL - cruising at least twice a year spending a rather large amount on cruising for many years.....which I choose to do.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!!!!