Orlando - Port Canaveral

This week I learned that Radisson honors the Government rate even for leisure travel. Just cancelled from a 2 star and moved to the Radisson Resort for a measly $27 more.

On another note. I have a 1-way car rental from MCO and dropping off at Budget the following morning. I am going solo so no passengers to drop off. What time should I arrive at Budget to avoid long lines from people getting off Freedom that are renting a car back to MCO?

This week I learned that Radisson honors the Government rate even for leisure travel. Just cancelled from a 2 star and moved to the Radisson Resort for a measly $27 more.

On another note. I have a 1-way car rental from MCO and dropping off at Budget the following morning. I am going solo so no passengers to drop off. What time should I arrive at Budget to avoid long lines from people getting off Freedom that are renting a car back to MCO?

Probably after 11am. That's my experience with Avis.

We stayed at the Radisson, and left our car for the week. It' in the hotel parking lot, and it's safe. Get a time for the shuttle to the port. The shuttles run about every half hour, and they pick you up automatically.

We used Dollar two weeks ago one-way from Orlando and arrived at their location around 10:15 -- one person in front of us at the desk. We did the same drill when we got off the FOS and were at the Dollar location by 8:15am.

mac_tlc

In your post you state you will be sailing on the Oasis from Port Canaveral on October 1. The Oasis will be sailing out of Port Everglades through the month of October and the Freedom will be on Port Canaveral that month. Please check your reservation to make sure. You don't want to show up at the wrong ship, or land in Orlando and find you need to drive down to Fort Lauderdale. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In your post you state you will be sailing on the Oasis from Port Canaveral on October 1. The Oasis will be sailing out of Port Everglades through the month of October and the Freedom will be on Port Canaveral that month. Please check your reservation to make sure. You don't want to show up at the wrong ship, or land in Orlando and find you need to drive down to Fort Lauderdale. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The OP said October 1, 2017. Port Canaveral is correct.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Don't worry. No panic on my end. I was about to answer when someone already answered you. Thank you for trying to help a fellow cruiser. As a matter of fact I am sailing this year on the Freedom out of Fort Lauderdale on Dec 10th 2016 for eight nights before the Freedom and Oasis switch ports next year.

Steve

Don't worry. No panic on my end. I was about to answer when someone already answered you. Thank you for trying to help a fellow cruiser. As a matter of fact I am sailing this year on the Freedom out of Fort Lauderdale on Dec 10th 2016 for eight nights before the Freedom and Oasis switch ports next year.

Steve

Shouldn't that say after they switch this year. :eek:

I saw you stayed at country inn and suites. Can you tell me if there are any restaurants close by or in the hotel that we won't need to take a cab to? My husband has a bad knee so looking for something close enough to walk to. I know Kelsey's is next to the Radisson but wondering if there is anything near the country inn? Thanks in advance

Barb

Burger King and Kelsey's are nearby but I would highly recommend taking a cab to Fishlips. It was great!

Burger King and Kelsey's are nearby but I would highly recommend taking a cab to Fishlips. It was great!

I have a pre-cruise meetup at FishLips. How close is it to the Radisson? If too far to walk, I am considering uber or walking since I intend to have a few adult beverages.

I have a pre-cruise meetup at FishLips. How close is it to the Radisson? If too far to walk, I am considering uber or walking since I intend to have a few adult beverages.

It's about 1.3 miles. I wouldn't walk it. A1A is really busy, and you will have to cross it in each direction. I'd use UBER.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums