Navigator entertainment

We have now been on anthem , ovation and harmony of the seas and have really enjoyed the entertainment available. Shows were great , loved music hall and 270 on anthem and ovation and the aqua theatre and iceskating shows were amazing on harmony. We have now booked navigator of the seas for June next year ( one could get addicted to this cruising lark[emoji6]) but I really have no idea what to expect regarding entertainment on this class of ship. Maybe someone who has been on navigator recently could provide some info?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There will be productions shows (RC singers and dancers), headliners (comedians, singers, jugglers, tribute acts, etc.), Love & Marriage, and of course, The Quest.

For future reference, there are no pre-cruise reservations for shows on Navigator. If the ice show requires tickets, you will be notified on board as to the ticket distribution method.

Edited by clarea

Impossible to predict specific entertainment. On our 14-night cruise, there were 3 production show. Other nights included comedians, piano guy, hypnotist, ventriloquist, etc. No Broadway shows. It was adequate, not great. Our cruise lacked good "alternative" entertainment in the other lounges. Cutbacks, I suspect.

The "production shows" are on every ship and vary from ship to ship. The guest entertainers vary from week to week....it's simply whoever they book for that specific cruise! So far, all have been from good to great!

We loved the ice skating show, some of the other stuff seem to be hit or miss, but we normally like it, besides main show, there is a piano bar/schooner, pub normally with a guitar player. We have sailed her twice and have her booked for 2017 also

Thanks for all the information folks. I was aware when I booked navigator that the entertainment would be in a different level to the previous ships and I knew there would be no Broadway show. I just wasn't sure exactly what was available. The cruise is quite port intensive and every port is new to me so I am not too bothered about shows etc - as long as there is some good music to listen to and a comfy spot to relax I will be fine. We anticipate being quite tired in the evenings! Slightly off topic but how is the voom on navigator now - is it true surf and stream available yet? Unfortunately I require a decent internet connection to communicate with work while I am away.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

... Slightly off topic but how is the voom on navigator now - is it true surf and stream available yet? Unfortunately I require a decent internet connection to communicate with work while I am away.

Navigator does not have the fast O3b internet that is on Oasis and Quantum classes, but it should be fine for email and web browsing.

There will be productions shows (RC singers and dancers), headliners (comedians, singers, jugglers, tribute acts, etc.), Love & Marriage, and of course, The Quest.

Just back from a Navigator cruise - disappointingly there was no Quest :mad:

have been twice on Indy and had The Quest both times.

Otherwise main events were comedians (mixed quality), hypnotist, juggler, etc. Most were quite good entertainment.

RCI are still peddling the same Rule (Rock?) Britannia and 70's Night promenade shows they did 7 years ago - it really is time to move on now!!

The cruise is quite port intensive and every port is new to me so I am not too bothered about shows etc - as long as there is some good music to listen to and a comfy spot to relax I will be fine. We anticipate being quite tired in the evenings!

This can be a challenge!! there are a few smaller venues - Schooners, Star lounge, Boleros, R Bar and Cosmopolitan, but these do fill quickly.

Star Lounge has a resident band - Horizon - who do a lot of 60's & 70's stuff - Eagles, CCR, Beatles, Status Quo (:eek:) etc. OK but pretty repetitive stuff. They need some modernising!!

Spoke to Rob about The Quest as we loved it on Indy, and he said it doesn't work as well when there are lots of children on board.

Hmm, sounds like a cop out!! Did it on Indy in August a few years ago and was great fun :confused::confused::confused:

It was probably the most memorable night on our Independence cruise, and was disappointed it wasn't on. The Love & Marriage wasn't as good as on the Independence - but that can't be helped, as it's obviously down to the (brave) guests participating.

• 2 weeks later...
If you have been on Navigator recently, who is the CD? Thinking of sailing Navigator for Thanksgiving, which is a short 4 day cruise. I wonder if they would do Quest on a short cruise?:confused:

CD is currently Rob McNally; we haven't encountered him so far, but he does have something of a bad press for invisibility, except when on stage.

CD is currently Rob McNally; we haven't encountered him so far, but he does have something of a bad press for invisibility, except when on stage.

We had Rob on Vision a while back and he seemed a friendly and genuine guy.

There is not much information about the Navigator on this board. For those of you that have sailed recently (within the last year) can you post compasses / menus if you have them? Would love to have a look. I know things do not change much but fun to review all the same.

There is not much information about the Navigator on this board. For those of you that have sailed recently (within the last year) can you post compasses / menus if you have them? Would love to have a look. I know things do not change much but fun to review all the same.

Compasses:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49823880#post49823880