Liberty and Hobby Flight?

luvIU

My question is for an IAH Departure, could we make a 12:35 flight or would we be better with the 3 PM. We would also need to return the car.

Since you are returning a car I'd take the 3 pm flight. Security lines can get long at IAH.

My question is for an IAH Departure, could we make a 12:35 flight or would we be better with the 3 PM. We would also need to return the car.

we sailed out of G'ston twice. once, it was easy breezy and we were on the road home before 9 am. on the other crappy weather delayed departure over an hour and we didn't get off the ship til near 9 and it was an hour for Customs( we were suite so first off after self disembark).

ONE road leading off the island and that particular day the wind was so strong its as NOT safe to drive over 40 MPH over the bridge. ( we won't mentions he rain being so bad you could not see the dude's brake lights in front of you)

Fog can often delay docking, let alone the weather. It all depend son how brave you are.

Spookwife, I would be willing to spend 1 extra night by the airport and take an early AM flight home. We did that last Oct in FLL, only because our PM flight would have gotten us home after 10 PM. We enjoyed the afternoon post cruise, took the Canal tour of the homes along with 12 others from our cruise.

Ok, we were on Breeze last week, (I know it's not RCI), but it was our 5th time cruising out of Galveston. We did self assist, were off the ship by 7:23 am, through customs and outside by 7:40 am, got a ride to Hobby, was checked in and through security by 9:10 am. Your results may vary, but that was our experience. Our flight was at 12:32 so we were ultra early. :D:D

I thought that may be the case. Drat. What is a safe flight time with no self carry? Just a lowly gold member.

For Hobby, I'd be comfortable with a flight at 1pm or later. If it's fog season, I'd go even later.

If we had a private shuttle I would do self disembarking and book an earlier flight but since we will have a car to return, will be more comfortable with a 1 or 3 PM flight home to allow time to drop off the car. We still could do self, however we need to get back to the hotel to pick up the car before we can leave so will do the 3 PM once flights open up next week.

I thought that may be the case. Drat. What is a safe flight time with no self carry? Just a lowly gold member.

If you use RC transfers and they know your flight departure, they will assign you a low number to get off the ship. Use a porter if there is a line in customs. Porters have a shorter line. Used RC transfers and was at the airport very early (9am I think).

We just disembarked this morning with luggage tag 28. We took our time, and we had to deal with a missing bag - ugh! We still don't have it. I live about as far from the port as Hobby, and I pulled into my driveway at 11:30am. Had we done self-carry, we could have easily been home by 9a. I would agree a 12p flight should be ok, but I might make it 1p or later just in case and because I hate feeling rushed.