Royal Suite Perks

richarduk

49 minutes ago, Worldtvlr said:

You said it is "rare that you could get in room dining served from the specialty restaurants."  I thought that was one of the perks.  If not from a specialty restaurant, then where? Luminae?

Worldtvlr, this thread is more than 5 years old, so experiences discussed here could have changed since then.  The free specialty dining is still a perk for RS and above, in room dinning is mainly off the main dining room menu, however many times the butler will manage selections from other venues, however nothing is certain.  

3 hours ago, Worldtvlr said:

You said it is "rare that you could get in room dining served from the specialty restaurants."  I thought that was one of the perks.  If not from a specialty restaurant, then where? Luminae?

My post is 5 years old. We were sailing in Sky Suites or Celebrity Suites back then and in room dining was from the MDR. 

• Like 1

Returned from a Apex Royal Suite yesterday. Perks and Butler were excellent. We had unlimited speciality dining (except Chef's Table was a charge), free unlimited laundry, pressing and dry cleaning, plenty of champagne for entertaining new friends as we wanted to. Food from all over the ship could be served in the suite but we only opted for a couple of breakfasts to be delivered from Luminea menu as close to suite and was hot. Pic of our usual

canape set up. 

Also received unlimited access to the Thermal Spa. Bliss. 

Key talk to your butler so they know what you want. 

9CE339E9-375C-499A-813B-D9F612F2945F.jpeg

Edited by Stu UK

5 hours ago, Stu UK said:

Returned from a Apex Royal Suite yesterday. Perks and Butler were excellent. We had unlimited speciality dining (except Chef's Table was a charge), free unlimited laundry, pressing and dry cleaning, plenty of champagne for entertaining new friends as we wanted to. Food from all over the ship could be served in the suite but we only opted for a couple of breakfasts to be delivered from Luminea menu as close to suite and was hot. Pic of our usual

canape set up. 

Also received unlimited access to the Thermal Spa. Bliss. 

Key talk to your butler so they know what you want. 

WOW, access to the Thermal Spa.  That's new and I haven't seen anyone else mention it. Wonder if it was because of the low number of passengers.  Would love to have access once on Edge.

• Like 3

In our experience access to Persian Gardens/Thermal Spa is not usually a perk with top suites. I think Stu UK’s experience may reflect he is on a ship with few guests.

Butler’s will always try to provide anything you ask for. If you do want meals not on the general room service menu or MDR menu when open then I would suggest you pre arrange it. If you want a special meal the butler needs to liaise with the restaurant involved and sort his other chores to fit in with serving you course by course. We would never last minute expect to phone the butler and ask for service from a speciality restaurant or Luminae. 

On 9/5/2021 at 10:51 AM, lovrccl said:

Glad to read everyone's feedback on suites. We sail Edge in a Sky suite, which will be first time in Retreat. Now I will go hunting down a list of " what we get" as amenities! I Love Cruise Critic and all the info!

We sailed the Sky Suite twice.  We upgraded to the Celebrity Suite.  Big Mistake!  No additional amenities except for the larger cabin.  The higher priced cabins have all the amenities that you can see on the above photo.  The appetizers we received looked awful!  Had to throw them out.  Nothing like the above photo.

We went from Sky Suites to Celebrity Suites, sailed once on Summit and once on an S class ship.  Except for the bathroom on both we thought the room was a step up from a Sky Suite.  But, that's when Celebrity was giving 1 or 2 free specialty dining meals when sailing in a CS.  Once they dropped that we did not see any value in the CS and moved up to Royal Suites or PH Suite. Have to admit they hooked us.

• Like 1