Upgrading After Final Payment

I am about 18 days out from a cruise on the Majesty. I was just looking at availability online and there are a ton of rooms available the next level up from the category we have booked and the price isn't too much higher than what we paid for our room. Does anyone have experience with upgrading to a better room after final payment? Is it even possible? I am hoping it would be as easy as paying the difference but never know what to expect with all of the sales and different fares out there.

Thanks for your help.

I am about 18 days out from a cruise on the Majesty. I was just looking at availability online and there are a ton of rooms available the next level up from the category we have booked and the price isn't too much higher than what we paid for our room. Does anyone have experience with upgrading to a better room after final payment? Is it even possible? I am hoping it would be as easy as paying the difference but never know what to expect with all of the sales and different fares out there.

Thanks for your help.

It's extremely possible.

Give them a call.

800-526-9723

Thanks for your help.

Yes. it's possible to upgrade after final payment. You might run into an issue if they say the prices for the upgraded stateroom are limited to new bookings, but usually the Resolutions department will override that restriction if you are paying more money. Contact whoever booked your cruise to make the change.

Edited by clarea

I changed my room after final payment. The room I switched to was technically a better room (balcony) but for some reason cheaper than what I paid for an interior. The guy on the phone said at least three times "you know this is a downgrade". So I took the "upgrade/downgrade" and was happy with my decision but lost the OBC that was part of my original booking. Didn't know that was going to happen as they don't tell you that on the phone. They are very weird with their pricing. Why should a balcony cost less than an interior? Who knows. Only reason I took an interior to begin with was because no balconies were available to book when I made my reservation. I guess they opened up after people starting shuffling their rooms around or something.

I changed my room after final payment. The room I switched to was technically a better room (balcony) but for some reason cheaper than what I paid for an interior. The guy on the phone said at least three times "you know this is a downgrade". So I took the "upgrade/downgrade" and was happy with my decision but lost the OBC that was part of my original booking. Didn't know that was going to happen as they don't tell you that on the phone. They are very weird with their pricing. Why should a balcony cost less than an interior? Who knows. Only reason I took an interior to begin with was because no balconies were available to book when I made my reservation. I guess they opened up after people starting shuffling their rooms around or something.

Have you been on that cruise yet? I can't imagine any circumstances under which a balcony would be a downgrade from an interior, but hearing that from an agent would make me suspicious/nervous.

Have you been on that cruise yet? I can't imagine any circumstances under which a balcony would be a downgrade from an interior, but hearing that from an agent would make me suspicious/nervous.

Yes I did the cruise in November on the Anthem. We originally booked a "virtual balcony" interior because there were no balcony cabins for booking at that time. Then I stalked and stalked our sailing online and finally balcony cabins popped up as available (for cheaper than our interior) so I called. I was initially very excited at the prospect of not only getting a better cabin but getting some money back. Of course, that did not happen. No money back and lost my OBC. But I was happier to have a balcony as I'm not an interior cabin type of cruiser. In fact would never have booked it without the virtual balcony situation. Otherwise I would go nuts.

We are on Enchantment and the originally had an OV on Deck 4. After final the balconies went down to less than I paid for my OV. So I upgraded. Lost the $25 OBC I had but I did not care, getting a balcony for no more money was worth it to me.

upgraded last week from inside to Central Park View

So first I had an inside booked at the rate of 749.00 (I booked after final payment)

Then the next day, price went down 25.00pp, so did some research on cruise critic and saw I had 48 hrs after final payment bookings to get an adjustment, so I was offered 50.00 obc.

The next week, Central Park View rooms went down to 749.00, so I called to upgrade, and they told me first it was 1,000 pp to upgrade. When I said "Im looking at the website and see 749.00 pp" she put me on hold and came back, telling me those were prices for new bookings, but she was going to "See what she could do"

I was put on hold again, this time when she came back, said her supervisor said it was OK. Ending up "paying" 50.00 because I had gotten a price adjustment earlier, but since I have the 50.00 obc, comes out even.

I would imagine it is like Clarea said, if you are paying extra, they probably will make a "one time exception" (like Amazon does with price adjustments - they always tell me this is "one time only", but I've done this like 50x haha) But I don't know if Royal will do it for upgrades that you wouldnt have to pay extra for

in the end, it's all about the $$$

Thanks for your help.

Any Suites available. We have not looked

There are NO balcony rooms on Majesty. Only Suites have balconies.