Magic Ocean Suite 7271- Dishes at dawn!

hard_eight

Hi all,

Just off the Magic on Saturday. Didn't really take many pics of the room. The cruise was great, had to miss Belize due to Hurricane Earl but, all in all it was a great cruise.

However, if you have the choice. Don't stay in Oceanview Suite 7271. Around dawn every morning the staff collects all the dishes from the hall way room service trays and dumps them in a dishwasher or something that is apparently right behind the bed in 7271. This suite is almost impossible to sleep in...in.

Never found any info on the room, so, now this is out there. You've been warned!:D

Stateroom 7271 or room 7270? I ask because 71 has guest rooms on both side where as 70 does have a closet or butlers pantry next-door. It is also possible the deck plans are out of date since the dry dock but it would be very unusual for them to replace a guest stateroom in such a prime location with a service area.

I know you heard what you heard. I am not doubting your report just wanting to clarify the stateroom number.

And, yes, always avoid staterooms next to white or grey areas on the deck plan. You can never be certain what is next to you. Even the stewards closets can be very noisy as they start their days early.

Ocean suite 7270 is actually a handicapped accessible room. The white out area on the deck plans is the added area for that room and no a work area. The room is around 450 square feet with an additional 110 square feet of balcony. On a lot of the deck plans the white or gray areas may actually be added space for rooms that have been modified and not a true work area.

I am suspecting that the areas adjacent to the elevators across the hall from 7271 are service pantries? Otherwise, there are staterooms on each side, above, and below this stateroom.

I know we had a room across from a service pantry two weeks ago and between dishes and ice buckets it was kind of annoying at times.

and it was the only suite left when we booked it. So we are trying to figure out if it may be better to switch to a regular balcony room. We could save some money, which I don't mind spending, but if we will be really annoyed by the room, it won't be worth it! I was hesitant to book this one anyway due to the location....now to figure out if we should switch...decisions....

I would switch. If you know beforehand that there will be so much noise, I certainly would not pay top dollar for that cabin.

yeah, we will switch, problem is trying to figure out what to switch too. There is a junior suite available, but it has its own issues. Would like the priority boarding, as FTTF is sold out. So working on an option! suggestions are encouraged! lol

yeah, we will switch, problem is trying to figure out what to switch too. There is a junior suite available, but it has its own issues. Would like the priority boarding, as FTTF is sold out. So working on an option! suggestions are encouraged! lol

TWO sound oasis white noise travel machines with ear buds for each of you. The ear things are somewhat irritating, but you won't hear a thing. AT ALL. Or one with foam ear plugs and you will hear a little bit of stuff.