NCL stock down on mixed earnings results.

ColinIllinois

When the changes started to pile up, I stopped cruising on NCL. You just don't know if you are going to get the same product you book anymore. Instead, I have done land vacations. I booked an RCI cruise for 2017.

The recent stack decline has a lot to do with revenue not meeting expectations. I hope that the stock holders demand change to make NCL attractive again. I would love to cruise the 2014 NCL again.

Here is an article regarding its downgrade to Sell.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-norwegian-cruise-line-nclh-123712034.html

Very interesting article. I didn't realize the earning estimates had been revised downward so many times recently.

The big picture in my opinion is year over year growth and revenues, not a daily basis mini-snapshot. All the recent changes instituted by NCLH will not be reflected on a daily stock chart.

The stock prices are very much impacted by the changes being made by NCLH.

Their frequent downward adjustments of revenue predictions are part of the reason stock prices are dropping.

This news may not be pleasant for some to read, but it is important in the grand scheme of things.

Very interesting article. I didn't realize the earning estimates had been revised downward so many times recently.

I hate to say I told you so (well, not hate, exactly), but when those changes caused me to cancel my cruise last September, I speculated that in 9 months to a year, the stock would fall because NCL would start losing its loyal customer's future bookings. Nothing speaks like revenue. No matter how well you invest or manage a business, the bread and butter is sales.

I do not think that Del Rio will get the hint. It will take a shareholder revolution to convince him and his followers who continue to ignore the evidence that constantly devaluing the on-board experience while raising prices across the board is a bad idea. The focus shift from customer experience to on-board spending is back-firing. As it should.

I hate to say I told you so (well, not hate, exactly), but when those changes caused me to cancel my cruise last September, I speculated that in 9 months to a year, the stock would fall because NCL would start losing its loyal customer's future bookings. Nothing speaks like revenue. No matter how well you invest or manage a business, the bread and butter is sales.

I do not think that Del Rio will get the hint. It will take a shareholder revolution to convince him and his followers who continue to ignore the evidence that constantly devaluing the on-board experience while raising prices across the board is a bad idea. The focus shift from customer experience to on-board spending is back-firing. As it should.

I don't think he'll get the hint. He'll be fired and given a severance package of $50M to leave while the company says they decided to take things in a different direction. Maybe they'll bring back Kevin

All the major cruise line stocks are down. Has nothing to do with what has been implemented the past year. The dollar is higher AND costs more for foreigners to travel to the US. If you look at Disney attractions their attendance is way down mostly because of foreign travelers are not coming as much. Mostly due to a strong dollar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think he'll get the hint. He'll be fired and given a severance package of $50M to leave while the company says they decided to take things in a different direction. Maybe they'll bring back Kevin

Too late to bring Kevin back. He already has a job.

I would add that NCLH stock has dropped some more since this morning, but I don't want to upset some people.

Edited by swedish weave

Too late to bring Kevin back. He already has a job.

I would add that NCLH stock has dropped some more since this morning, but I don't want to upset some people.

It's a job, he could leave whatever one is at and come back if the offer was good enough. It's not like he has a lifetime contract wherever he is now.

All the major cruise line stocks are down. Has nothing to do with what has been implemented the past year. The dollar is higher AND costs more for foreigners to travel to the US. If you look at Disney attractions their attendance is way down mostly because of foreign travelers are not coming as much. Mostly due to a strong dollar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is that the reason some analysts have rated NCLH stock down to "sell" ?

Is it possible that the stock is affected by NCLH revenue forecasts dropping several

times in the past few months ?

And Carnival's lower prices.:rolleyes:

Carnival has declared a dividend that is payable this month and that usually causes a slight drop in stock price. The other reason for their decline was explained in a previous referenced article.

I haven't seen any reasons for the decline in RCL, and NCLH decline is explained in a previous post.

I was just checking prices for September and October, and I haven't seen prices so low for the Getaway and the Escape for September and October.

All to say, I think the numbers for the next quarter is going to get even uglier as it looks like NCL is going back to the strategy of heavy discounting for unsold cabins.

I was just checking prices for September and October' date=' and I haven't seen prices so low for the Getaway and the Escape for September and October.

All to say, I think the numbers for the next quarter is going to get even uglier as it looks like NCL is going back to the strategy of heavy discounting for unsold cabins.[/quote']

Are they including free perks with those prices? I think their "new strategy" is to try and differentiate between booking early with perks and booking last minute (within the 90 day final payment window) with no-frills fares. You sometimes have to do a mock booking to get to the pricing with perks on some sites.

They will no doubt justify this with a statement that they are ensuring higher customer satisfaction for their best clients who book early by providing a better experience (free perks) while they continue to ensure they maximize on-board revenue by filling empty cabins with reduced ticket prices with passengers who will have to pay the new, higher on board prices for non-complimentary drinks, specialty meals, etc.

It is already working that way for them, as NCLH has higher on board average spending that either CCL or RCI corps.

Rocky start for all, but NCL is losing the least, at least for this moment:

NCL (.37%)

CCL (.70%)

RCCL (1.27%)

Geez.....enough with the daily quotes. People can look for them if they are interested. It's unnecessary. Let it go until next earnings release.

Geez.....enough with the daily quotes. People can look for them if they are interested. It's unnecessary. Let it go until next earnings release.

Why do some posters dislike the updates ??

That is difficult to understand because it is similar to sports where updates to the score are regularly posted.

Try the ignore function if this disturbs you.

Are they including free perks with those prices? I think their "new strategy" is to try and differentiate between booking early with perks and booking last minute (within the 90 day final payment window) with no-frills fares. You sometimes have to do a mock booking to get to the pricing with perks on some sites.

They will no doubt justify this with a statement that they are ensuring higher customer satisfaction for their best clients who book early by providing a better experience (free perks) while they continue to ensure they maximize on-board revenue by filling empty cabins with reduced ticket prices with passengers who will have to pay the new, higher on board prices for non-complimentary drinks, specialty meals, etc.

It is already working that way for them, as NCLH has higher on board average spending that either CCL or RCI corps.

The prices of the "free" perks could be a contributing factor in the steady decline of the stock price. Some people are not pleased with the perks being advertised as "free" then learning during the booking process that they are costing them hundreds of dollars.

Result --- Cancellations or booking with other cruise lines.

Note --- Before you start disputing my post with personal comments remember that I said "SOME PEOPLE".

Edited by swedish weave

Why do some posters dislike the updates ??

That is difficult to understand because it is similar to sports where updates to the score are regularly posted.

Try the ignore function if this disturbs you.

Because (for the millionth time) daily moves on Wall St are not indicative of the larger picture. You can spin it any way you like, as you tend to do but it is unnecessary and only the obsessive posters who argue ad nauseum on this forum care.

Believe it or not people come here who enjoy cruising and want to enjoy this forum. Get your point across if you have criticism. That's cool. But, no need to constantly beat dead horses.

Because (for the millionth time) daily moves on Wall St are not indicative of the larger picture. You can spin it any way you like, as you tend to do but it is unnecessary and only the obsessive posters who argue ad nauseum on this forum care.

Believe it or not people come here who enjoy cruising and want to enjoy this forum. Get your point across if you have criticism. That's cool. But, no need to constantly beat dead horses.

I post factual information as I see fit. You are not required to read my posts.

<snipped> Because (for the millionth time) daily moves on Wall St are not indicative of the larger picture.

Even less relevant are midday comments on movement, as now, just a few minutes later, it's up .47%

If anyone is interested in the momentary price of the stock, all they need to do is type NCLH in the search bar and press enter for a quote. (Doubt that will stop the updates though)

Even less relevant are midday comments on movement, as now, just a few minutes later, it's up .47%

If anyone is interested in the momentary price of the stock, all they need to do is type NCLH in the search bar and press enter for a quote. (Doubt that will stop the updates though)

As the O.P. maybe I'll just ask the mods to lock the dead horse thread. No need to keep getting this bumped up by the pot stirrers when there are other good threads on the front page.

I post factual information as I see fit. You are not required to read my posts.

I appreciate your posts, swedish weave. I like as much info as I can get on a subject, and never just the one sided variety.

News and stories of the good and the bad -- that's what makes this forum both interesting and useful to me.