Medical Emergency Anthem of the Seas 8/10/16

Why would they announce someone died?:confused:

I have seen them do that, but it was close to the home port where we turned around and went back to PE, the captain announced the passenger passed and the ship would be at port until the local authorities cleared the ship to leave. It took several hours.

because everyone saw the emergency and the captain keeps the passengers informed of what's going on.

I have seen them do that, but it was close to the home port where we turned around and went back to PE, the captain announced the passenger passed and the ship would be at port until the local authorities cleared the ship to leave. It took several hours.

With a ship close to its homeport and a return to port for a few hours, you can see why they needed to inform passengers. On a sea day, far away from any port, I am sure there are many passengers that had no idea there was a medical emergency on the pool deck. I would think they would want to respect the privacy of the family.

Either way, thoughts and prayers to the family.

So very sad! Prayers for the family. you are correct stating people worry about the least important things: drink packages, suite questions, etc. so annoying after a while. All this info is on Royal's page(s)....

People should take that amount of time praying for safety and good health for cruisers....

Safe travels all and blessings for that family!

Captain said we are speeding up to get into NJ at 2am due to the medical emergency. Hopefully the person in question is still hanging on.

I believe someone posted up thread that the woman didn't make it.

CPR is better than nothing but if you require chest compressions, your survival chances are about 15%. I am currently and have been certified in CPR/AED and first aid for over 30 years. An AED will improve your chances slightly if you are in ventricular fibrillation but if you are flatline(asystole) and not in a hospital, your chances are essentially zero.

Prayers to the family, what a terrible thing to happen.

Edited by MalRC

I believe someone posted up thread that the woman didn't make it.

CPR is better than nothing but if you require chest compressions, your survival chances are about 15%. I am currently and have been certified in CPR/AED and first aid for over 30 years. An AED will improve your chances slightly if you are in ventricular fibrillation but if you are flatline(asystole) and not in a hospital, your chances are essentially zero.

Prayers to the family, what a terrible thing to happen.

Proll267 is the OP and is on the ship. The other poster is posting information they heard from a friend whose daughter is on the ship. Maybe the DPurcell will post that their friend's daughter texted again. They had posted "they believe it was announced the woman passed away". There is a chance the daughter missed what was said.

Proll267 is the OP and is on the ship. The other poster is posting information they heard from a friend whose daughter is on the ship. Maybe the DPurcell will post that their friend's daughter texted again. They had posted "they believe it was announced the woman passed away". There is a chance the daughter missed what was said.

I guess my point was mostly that if someone is getting chest compressions, the outlook is not good and there's an 85% chance they won't make it. After all, you only do chest compressions if someone is dead, without a detectable pulse. If an AED won't shock, the person is asystole and probably won't make it. I'm sure there are AEDs all over the ship, but they are usually used within the first few minutes...30 minutes of compression suggests that the AED would not shock.

My thoughts go out to the family and friends of this poor person but why do we feel the need to post and discuss on here.

If this was a member of my family or close friend I would be so upset to know that the sadness was being discussed by a bunch of strangers no matter what your good intentions or morbid fascination may be.

Well the mother of a girl who is in the group on the ship said they heard the lady had passed, but that's girl what I'm seeing.