Position of beds in anthem balconies

vaka08

I think it finally sunk in. Any cabin with the ^ (That's supposed to be a triangle) has a sofa bed. Other cabins have a sofa but without a bed built in. All cabins with a sofa bed have the main bed by the closet and the sofa bed by the balcony. All cabins connecting to those have the sofa at the closet and the bed by the balcony. Not all cabins that have a sofa by balcony have a bed in the sofa but to locate them simply find a balcony room with a ^ then move every other cabin for sofa by the balcony. For cabins with the bed by the balcony move one cabin either direction then every other cabin after is that configuration. Do I have that right?

Symbols.JPG.b7471b66b9a053761ba9c0b0ec70d929.JPG

Edited by Flying Scott

I think it finally sunk in. Any cabin with the ^ (That's supposed to be a triangle) has a sofa bed. Other cabins have a sofa but without a bed built in. All cabins with a sofa bed have the main bed by the closet and the sofa bed by the balcony. All cabins connecting to those have the sofa at the closet and the bed by the balcony. Not all cabins that have a sofa by balcony have a bed in the sofa but to locate them simply find a balcony room with a ^ then move every other cabin for sofa by the balcony. For cabins with the bed by the balcony move one cabin either direction then every other cabin after is that configuration. Do I have that right?

I think you've got it!

OK, we are in 8152, the deck plan shows no triangles on this deck. I guess I will just have to wait until we board. Unless someone here has stayed in this cabin. Anyone?

Problem solved.

Edited by Amagamma
My error in posting

OK, we are in 8152, the deck plan shows no triangles on this deck. I guess I will just have to wait until we board. Unless someone here has stayed in this cabin. Anyone?

If you are talking about Anthem, Deck 8, there are a lot of triangles. 8152 would have the sofa by the balcony.

RCI's website Anthem deckplan shows quite a few more than 2 cabins, with the triangle, in that section of balcony cabins. Cabin 8148 is the closes to 8152 which is 2 cabins over thus should have the same bed position, by the bathroom with sofa by the balcony. ;)

Sorry, was just looking at my category. Thanks for the quick reply.

I hadn't refreshed my page when I made the late response above.

RCI always give a higher category to a more than two passengers cabin compared to a two passenger cabin in the same deck section. In the section your cabin is it, the former is a D3 while yours is a D8.

Doing so allows RCI to charge a higher price for the first two passengers in the D3 than the D8. ;)

I'm trying to figure out cabin 9250. Can someone please tell me if the sofa or bed is near the bathroom/closet? Thanks CC!

Looks like sofa by the balcony.

My thoughts is bed is by the balcony.

Looking at exactly the same deck 8 section with the same number of cabins, six, posts here indicate 8654 and 8658 have the bed by the balcony so I suspect the same section on the port side of deck 9 would be the same cabin sequence.

Edited by robtulipe

My thoughts is bed is by the balcony.

Looking at exactly the same deck 8 section with the same number of cabins, six, posts here indicate 8654 and 8658 have the bed by the balcony so I suspect the same section on the port side of deck 9 would be the same cabin sequence.

I may be wrong, but I have a 50% chance of being right[emoji1]. I used the method of counting from 9294 back to 9250.

I may be wrong, but I have a 50% chance of being right[emoji1]. I used the method of counting from 9294 back to 9250.

I also have the same odds of being correct by I now think you are correct as the port side balcony cabins for 3 or more, ones with triangle, are not in the same order or position as the starboard side. These are over or staggered by one compared to the other side. :D

Using your count from 9294, cabin 9250 is 22 over so should have the same bed position by the bathroom as the former which is a more than two cabin.

You win and I've just learned a little more about Anthem. :D

Edited by robtulipe

I also have the same odds of being correct by I now think you are correct as the port side balcony cabins for 3 or more, ones with triangle, are not in the same order or position as the starboard side. These are over or staggered by one compared to the other side. :D

Using your count from 9294, cabin 9250 is 22 over so should have the same bed position by the bathroom as the former which is a more than two cabin.

You win and I've just learned a little more about Anthem. :D

Thanks! Anthem is more difficult to figure out than the Oasis class.

Problem solved.

Hey, That's the same room as us. We are going next march and my kids will be in 8154. I also calculated that 8152 has Sofa by Balcony and 8154 has the bed by the balcony. My daughter has already called "Shotgun" on the room and bed by the balcony. I'm glad to have figured it out so I can get the TA to make the arrangements before hand to make our room with one king bed, and the Kids room with the beds separated.

dp

Hey, That's the same room as us. We are going next march and my kids will be in 8154. I also calculated that 8152 has Sofa by Balcony and 8154 has the bed by the balcony. My daughter has already called "Shotgun" on the room and bed by the balcony. I'm glad to have figured it out so I can get the TA to make the arrangements before hand to make our room with one king bed, and the Kids room with the beds separated.

dp

These days the beds are together when you board. Just let your cabin steward know that you would like them separated. They will take care of it while you are at dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ARCruisinNana

These days the beds are together when you board. Just let your cabin steward know that you would like them separated. They will take care of it while you are at dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok 10-4 on that. I could see on our cruise planner that it states someting like: Bed arrangement preference. So I assumed it could be requested before hand.

Thanks

dp

• 1 month later...

ok so to understand for Anthem:

D2 cabins on deck 12 port side all appear to have the sofa by the balcony because they have the triangle?

on deck 10 the D7. . . do you count first from 10318 forward and the first, like 10318, have sofa by balcony too?

Wish there was an easy way to figure this out. . . some of us have our preferences! :eek::cool:

11262 - Sofa by Balc

11264 - Bed by Balc

11266 - Sofa by Balc

Seems like it alternates to me given none of these rooms hold more than 2. I personally loved the sofa by Balc given it gave me room to move and get to the balc in the morning while DH was sleeping in late.