can a PCC do anything for you after you book?

luckyinpa

i booked haven in February. had to downgrade a few months later.

upgraded again yesterday to haven and today i get email that i have a PCC.

to be honest i never knew what one was before today but i read a thread for 2015 on this forum which leads me to believe they just handle booking cruises or getting discount codes or OBC.

i know i have a butler and concierge so is there anything that i'm missing and in reality there's nothing for a PCC to do for me now?

No, the PCC is just someone they may happen to assign you to. They basically will contact you trying to sell you a cruise. Often people will use the same person as their main point of contact so if you happen to like that PCC they give you then you could use them. I am emailed by on multiple ones a week, to date I have never spoken with that person and I take whoever answers the line when I call. I also book my cruises usually online myself and not over the phone.

I have a PCC and always deal with him directly when I book a cruise. He always gets me either a better deal than what's online or throws in a freebie or two. I've also called him if I notice a price drop and he honors that as well. I've used the same one for my last three cruises, and he's wonderful! I wouldn't use anyone else!

~Joanne

We have a PCC, and we almost always book online, so everything he does for us is after we book. So the answer is yes.

He will adjust our rate if prices drop, switch us to a different cabin if we ask, send us amenity confirmations, book or change dining or show reservations, notify us of specials, check in after our cruise to see how it was, etc. Basically the same things I'd imagine a travel agent might do, but we've never used a travel agent.

We have a PCC, and we almost always book online, so everything he does for us is after we book. So the answer is yes.

He will adjust our rate if prices drop, switch us to a different cabin if we ask, send us amenity confirmations, book or change dining or show reservations, notify us of specials, check in after our cruise to see how it was, etc. Basically the same things I'd imagine a travel agent might do, but we've never used a travel agent.

will he adjust the rate after final payment?

i guess if i wasnt in haven it would be good to use PCC for dining reservations etc as i already think i have to change one. i never used a travel agent either so i'm clueless what to use PCC for

If you are lucky enough to have a good PCC, they can do quite a lot for you. Our old one would call us if the price dropped. If it was after final payment, she would get us some extra stuff to cover the difference.

On our last cruise, she also got the third person in our cabin the beverage package for free. We really appreciated that one!

Unfortunately, she moved to a different department. Our new PCC is pretty good, but we haven't had to use him for anything like this yet.

One of the best things a PCC can do for you is send you an amenity confirmation. These are things like on-board credit and perks that are in your room, but don't show up on your visible reservation. We always make sure we have a copy of this before we board the ship.

will he adjust the rate after final payment?

i guess if i wasnt in haven it would be good to use PCC for dining reservations etc as i already think i have to change one. i never used a travel agent either so i'm clueless what to use PCC for

I've never asked or needed to adjust the rate after final payment, and I doubt I'd ever ask that. I tend to ask for things that are within the terms I agreed upon, not outside of those terms. Then again, I wouldn't ask a worker to sneak me free bottled water either, but to each his own.

The PCC keeps me from ever calling the main NCL line. I mean, NEVER. I call or email him for anything I need. It has nothing to do with Haven or non-Haven, because when a PCC is used is prior to sailing.

You need to understand though - we are very low maintenance. We generally might need to contact him once or maybe twice per cruise, usually if there is a rate drop or promo change or something. Otherwise, we have no need to bother him.

Edited by LrgPizza

If you are lucky enough to have a good PCC, they can do quite a lot for you. Our old one would call us if the price dropped. If it was after final payment, she would get us some extra stuff to cover the difference.

On our last cruise, she also got the third person in our cabin the beverage package for free. We really appreciated that one!

Unfortunately, she moved to a different department. Our new PCC is pretty good, but we haven't had to use him for anything like this yet.

One of the best things a PCC can do for you is send you an amenity confirmation. These are things like on-board credit and perks that are in your room, but don't show up on your visible reservation. We always make sure we have a copy of this before we board the ship.

i've learned to wait on the phone until i have email confirmations in hand but that doesnt always work out (like yesterday) . they took 24 hours to arrive.

how did PCC get the free beverage pack . that seems a bit unheard of since i believe even in normal T and C that its only the 1st and 2nd

I've never asked or needed to adjust the rate after final payment, and I doubt I'd ever ask that. I tend to ask for things that are within the terms I agreed upon, not outside of those terms. Then again, I wouldn't ask a worker to sneak me free bottled water either, but to each his own.

The PCC keeps me from ever calling the main NCL line. I mean, NEVER. I call or email him for anything I need. It has nothing to do with Haven or non-Haven, because when a PCC is used is prior to sailing.

You need to understand though - we are very low maintenance. We generally might need to contact him once or maybe twice per cruise, usually if there is a rate drop or promo change or something. Otherwise, we have no need to bother him.

A term I like to use for us too, "low maintenance".

From what I've read, PCC "quality/behavior" is all over the map at NCL. In my case, I have used my PCC to book my last 4 cruises. She and I have a nice working relationship. She knows I don't like to be bothered with sales pitches and that I am a busy man, so she does not waste time emailing or calling me at all with a sales pitch. When I'm ready to cruise, I do all the research myself on what/when/where I want. Then I email her and ask her to call me at her convenience. They don't work 24 hours a day. They have days off too. You need to factor that in. She almost always replies the same day -- even when it is her day off -- because we respect each other. She'll have all the info ready to go based on the info that I sent her via email. IF she has the ability, she can sometimes sweeten the deal. She found me $25 in OBC twice that I would not have found otherwise. But she cannot always make a blanket "let me give you something" decision. Her hands are tied in that she can only offer things that are being offered by NCL corporation at that time. I would have never thought to ask her for the "I'm a Miami Dophins Fan" promo that she could offer since I live in PA and am a diehard Steelers fan. But she let me have the promo after she forced me to say "I'm a Dophins Fan". She knows her processes very well and has always gotten me all the paperwork that I need for everything. She usually calls me while I'm in the waiting room on the morning of the cruise to wish me bon voyage. This works for me, very well. But, as said before, not all PCCs are created equal. I too am "low maintenance".

Edited by MeHeartCruising

i've learned to wait on the phone until i have email confirmations in hand but that doesnt always work out (like yesterday) . they took 24 hours to arrive.

how did PCC get the free beverage pack . that seems a bit unheard of since i believe even in normal T and C that its only the 1st and 2nd

We got the extra beverage package because there was a big mistake on our booking, which we didn't discover until 100 days out (all of our booking perks had been deleted).

When my husband called our PCC to figure out what went wrong, she wanted to make it up to us. My husband just joked and said "Give the third person the beverage package!" The PCC said no problem...because this was part of the reservation it was something she could easily do without getting a supervisor's approval.

Of course, we have two more cruises booked and don't expect something like this again (unless there is another major mistake).

No offense, but your posts here make you seem the complete opposite of low maintenance. *ducks and runs*

thats because you are seeing me ask questions about every possible thing my brain can think of and every instance of every thing. i'm very inquisitive as you already found out and you really dont know the real me because you never met me. yes i hang out DND and never bother anyone unless i run out of TP or want to steal a pen from the cart or perhaps even take the cart home ;)

so your characterization isnt your fault really. and i have been on boards that have much worse judgmental people and i just ignore their comments too. it's not worth my time to criticize, correct, or disagree with people because it's a lose lose situation 100% of the time and i'm bigger than lowering myself to a bickering contest online.

now where are those crab chips???? (inside joke if you remember)

concierge is quick. within 30 min my ocean blue reservation was changed and i received my welcome email as well.

so will they send pillow samples out to my house for me to try a few nites...so hard to decide between the 5 choices ;)

A good PCC helps you before and after payment.

In 2015 I booked my upcoming cruise as solo with the UBP as my perk. Later I asked if I could include my son who wished to join the cruise later and disembark in Aruba. No problems, no extra charges and he gets the UBP. Last week he completely changed his plans and we are now past final payment. Again everything was smooth sailing.

My PCC was recommended to me by members on this board. If you start a thread asking for a good PCC responses cannot give out names and email addresses. So you'll need to provide your contact info and nice folks will email you. I use a disposable email address for things like this.

concierge is quick. within 30 min my ocean blue reservation was changed and i received my welcome email as well.

so will they send pillow samples out to my house for me to try a few nites...so hard to decide between the 5 choices ;)

Pillow samples are only sent to those in an H5 and above. You are in an H9 so you wont be getting any.Sorry.

Pillow samples are only sent to those in an H5 and above. You are in an H9 so you wont be getting any.Sorry.

sigh...gotta wait a very long time until i can afford H5 and above...but once alimony is done, i can do garden villas every year :cool:

maybe.

now if her circumstances change such that she no longer is entitled to it, i could also pay for your haven every year. we could do the movable wall thing even :)

cool! We will bring the Utz crab chips! Maybe even some salt and vinegars as well!

cool! We will bring the Utz crab chips! Maybe even some salt and vinegars as well!

oh you sure know how to tease. when i was a teen i had no clue where to get the crab chips except with a relative i had seen them in the baltimore inner harbor. so i drove 2 hours to get them one day. plus it was a fun trip.

the salt and vinegar are great and if i ever get a sore throat they magically help. so gotta eat a ton of them!

ann if you want, email me at totally_anon@hot mail.com and ill give you my real email so we can discuss more about chips :)