LONG Carnival Miracle Review Aug 13-20th

louanne93

I saved all the fun times! I just need to figure out how to post them. LOL!! I will figure it out or snail mail them to you if I have to. Haha!
If you snail mail them to me I would be happy to scan them and post them for you but would need them asap. You can mail them to Dawna Seawell 5 Donnington Court, Castle Rock CO 80104 (Don't mind posting my address because at the time of the cruise we won't live in this house or even Colorado for that matter so if someone think about breaking in thinking we are not home we won't live there!) Moving Sept 6th thus needing them asap if you would like me to post them for ya. Just let me know if they are on the way :)

Again thanks for taking the time for the review. It's reviews like yours that convinced us that even though we have not tried Carnival we are confident enough to book 2017 same ship same cruise with Early Bird! We plan on doing a long review for our friends joining us in 2017 as well.

BonVoyage

Dawna

If you snail mail them to me I would be happy to scan them and post them for you but would need them asap. You can mail them to Dawna Seawell 5 Donnington Court, Castle Rock CO 80104 (Don't mind posting my address because at the time of the cruise we won't live in this house or even Colorado for that matter so if someone think about breaking in thinking we are not home we won't live there!) Moving Sept 6th thus needing them asap if you would like me to post them for ya. Just let me know if they are on the way :)

Again thanks for taking the time for the review. It's reviews like yours that convinced us that even though we have not tried Carnival we are confident enough to book 2017 same ship same cruise with Early Bird! We plan on doing a long review for our friends joining us in 2017 as well.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Will have my daughter mail them! I remember you from the RC board! No worries about sailing Carnival. You will love it!

Will have my daughter mail them! I remember you from the RC board! No worries about sailing Carnival. You will love it!
Great I will post them here once they are scanned & up which I should be able to do in a day once I have them in my hands. :D Thanks!

BonVoyage

Dawna

I will be on the Miracle in October sailing to Hawaii. SO EXCITED!

Also, she the Miracle will be doing Journey Cruises (14 days) to Alaska starting next Sept leaving from Long Beach! They are already on sale as we speak.

I will be on the Miracle in October sailing to Hawaii. SO EXCITED!

Also, she the Miracle will be doing Journey Cruises (14 days) to Alaska starting next Sept leaving from Long Beach! They are already on sale as we speak.

You will have a blast on her! I'm jealous!

BonVoyage

Dawna

My daughter mailed them yesterday.

Can you tell me about Las Vernos? Next year we are making our first stop in Mazatlán and are looking for suggestions. Thanks.

Disclosure-This is the old fashioned way to Stone Island. It is NOT the commercial way to get there. You are traveling with the locals. Just an FYI.

When you get out of the port, there will be open air taxi's. I think it was $5 to get to the water taxi's. You could walk but the taxi was fun. When you get to the water taxi shack, it's $2 round trip (save your ticket). When you get to Stone Island there will be trucks to take you for a couple of bucks. Do not take it. You can walk down a small path and get there just the same. Just follow the locals. They are usually going there to sell items. When you get to the open beach, Los Vernos is the first place you hit. It is right next to the big commercial excursion "Pueblo Del Sol".

This is a family run business. Ernesto is fabulous! The food and drinks are amazing! If you are looking for frills, again this is NOT the place. We are simple people who like to hang out at the original places on Stone Island.

Disclosure-This is the old fashioned way to Stone Island. It is NOT the commercial way to get there. You are traveling with the locals. Just an FYI.

When you get out of the port, there will be open air taxi's. I think it was $5 to get to the water taxi's. You could walk but the taxi was fun. When you get to the water taxi shack, it's $2 round trip (save your ticket). When you get to Stone Island there will be trucks to take you for a couple of bucks. Do not take it. You can walk down a small path and get there just the same. Just follow the locals. They are usually going there to sell items. When you get to the open beach, Los Vernos is the first place you hit. It is right next to the big commercial excursion "Pueblo Del Sol".

This is a family run business. Ernesto is fabulous! The food and drinks are amazing! If you are looking for frills, again this is NOT the place. We are simple people who like to hang out at the original places on Stone Island.

Is that the place that sits back just a little and they don't allow vendors past a certain point? We plan on hanging around Victotr's & Lety's but there you do get hounded by vendors selling stuff.:(

BonVoyage

Dawna

Is that the place that sits back just a little and they don't allow vendors past a certain point? We plan on hanging around Victotr's & Lety's but there you do get hounded by vendors selling stuff.:(

BonVoyage

Dawna

Yes. It is pretty awesome. We didn't get hounded too much because they were wanting to get to the main part of the beach. They were all VERY nice and listened well when you said no.

Would we cruise Miracle again? HECK YEA!! I am going again in March! We are also booked for the Magic in 2018 and I am afraid that the service won’t be as personal. I hope this is not the case and we find the Magic “Magical”!

I'll be on the same cruise with you next March! I just took my first cruise ever in March this year; we did the 4 night on Carnival Imagination and just had the best time. So, my daughter (10) and I will be back for more fun and we can hardly wait!

Thank you for your very detailed review. I especially appreciate the info on what to do in port. I'm looking for fun, easy, inexpensive options since I'm trying to stay budget friendly on not book crazy excursions for each port. I told my daughter we can pick ONE of those (she wants to do the snuba in Cabo) and otherwise we're just exploring on our own.

See you there next year!

Thanks so much for your review! Looks like we're going to have rain while in Puerto Vallarta also. How were the sea conditions during your cruise..was the ship rocking a bit?

The ship was gently rocking from the first night. I brought Dramamine but didn't end up needing to use it.

Disclaimer! I heard a lot of complaining about our ship. Too old, not enough to do, etc... I LOVED her!

I have the same gripe. Did not like it at all. The decor is hideous. But my main gripe was the food. It was horrible. The lido, the MDR, and even the steakhouse was awful. Only the pizza was good. Never setting foot on that ship again. We have stepped up to Princess. It is similar in price if you shop around. Just booked a Mexican Rivera cruise for November that was a few bucks cheaper for the exact same dates and itinerary. Far superior cruise all the way around.

Edited by joeyancho

I have the same gripe. Did not like it at all. The decor is hideous. But my main gripe was the food. It was horrible. The lido, the MDR, and even the steakhouse was awful. Only the pizza was good. Never setting foot on that ship again. We have stepped up to Princess. It is similar in price if you shop around. Just booked a Mexican Rivera cruise for November that was a few bucks cheaper for the exact same dates and itinerary. Far superior cruise all the way around.

Interesting, we did do a similar trip on Princess and I do believe everyone was asleep by 9. I never caught up on so much sleep on vacation before!

But as long as I am on a cruise, I am happy!

It's all very subjective I suppose. We love the Spirit class ships and found the food on Princess to be very bland, especially in the MDR. The crew on Carnival is much more high energy and FUN in our opinion, and the food has been great on all our Carnival cruises. No complaints other than we would like the tablecloths to come back. The standard balcony cabins on Princess are also smaller than Carnival's standard balcony cabins. I'm not saying we wouldn't try Princess again in the future but to date we have not been able to find a better price point for a balcony cabin when compared to Princess. Granted I can only speak for our experiences, just as you are speaking for yours.

Edited by Lil2Angelic