Huge Price Increase!!!

mvaughan

IF you can cruise NOW the prices just tanked for the Oct. 2 Panama Canal out of San Franciso. Check it out on the Celebrity website. It is killing me we can't go. We are booked October 2017 with friends.

The actual cruise date is October 7th... not the 2nd, but still EXCELLENT ADVICE!!! :cool:

16 nights on Celebrity for $799pp in an ocean view is one fantastic deal... even for Duane! :D

My very first time on Celebrity was a 14 night Panama Canal cruise for that same price... but an inside cabin and that was 6 years ago.

So much for the idea that cruise prices are experiencing a HUGE INCREASE.

Edited by teecee60

Originally Posted by FlorenceItaly View Post

IF you can cruise NOW the prices just tanked for the Oct. 2 Panama Canal out of San Franciso. Check it out on the Celebrity website. It is killing me we can't go. We are booked October 2017 with friends.

When did you book and if I can ask what did you pay for whatever cat you have? We have been going crazy on this for weeks. We want t go on the same itinerary. Two weeks ago we saw upper balcony categories going for over $12000. I see I can get this next Oct. the same cruise/cat for less than $5000.

Are you on the 9th or 24th sailing?

Thanks much

Edited by PoppyandNana

Originally Posted by FlorenceItaly View Post

When did you book and if I can ask what did you pay for whatever cat you have? We have been going crazy on this for weeks. We want t go on the same itinerary. Two weeks ago we saw upper balcony categories going for over $12000. I see I can get this next Oct. the same cruise/cat for less than $5000.

Are you on the 9th or 24th sailing?

Thanks much

We are on the October 24th sailing. We booked on board in December 2015, and transferred to large online TA(CC). We are in a sweet sixteen balcony. For perks we have ALL gratuities paid, the drink package, and $250 obc due to booking onboard. I was originally in an OV(3112) but, on August 8, 2016(last month) I upgraded myself through same TA to the 2C balcony. Our total is $3139.07 per person including taxes. I have not purchased travel insurance, so this total does not include insurance. I believe this same agency has the same price now. Google Every cruise on sale every day(just checked and still have same pricing as I got).

IF dh were not recovering from surgery and we were not cruising with friends next year, I would jump on the cruise NEXT MONTH, Oct. 7. The price can not be beat.

Edited by FlorenceItaly

We are on the October 24th sailing. We booked on board in December 2015, and transferred to large online TA(CC). We are in a sweet sixteen balcony. For perks we have ALL gratuities paid, the drink package, and $250 obc due to booking onboard. I was originally in an OV(3112) but, on August 8, 2016(last month) I upgraded myself through same TA to the 2C balcony. Our total is $3139.07 per person including taxes. I have not purchased travel insurance, so this total does not include insurance. I believe this same agency has the same price now. Google Every cruise on sale every day(just checked and still have same pricing as I got).

IF dh were not recovering from surgery and we were not cruising with friends next year, I would jump on the cruise NEXT MONTH, Oct. 7. The price can not be beat.

That is a fantastic fare for a 15 day cruise. Congrats. We use an online TA who can get us into a balcony for the 10/9/17 sailing for a little over $5000. This a group rate and thousands less than Celebrity's rack rate. We can't decide to take this now or wait until our Jan Caribbean to book. We have always got great deals by booking on board.

Would you mind shooting me a quick note with the TA info? Probably not the really big one we have been using for years. Dredford33@gmail.com

Really appreciate it.

Dan

That is a fantastic fare for a 15 day cruise. Congrats. We use an online TA who can get us into a balcony for the 10/9/17 sailing for a little over $5000. This a group rate and thousands less than Celebrity's rack rate. We can't decide to take this now or wait until our Jan Caribbean to book. We have always got great deals by booking on board.

Is this per person or total? Thanks.

Marie

When in 2017? We are trying to book a Panama Canal for 2017 but so,far the prices on X have been over $12,000. Got a price alert today for AC starting at $1999 for an upcoming Panama Canal. Going crazy.

We booked the 24th October 2017 the Total Brochure price is £6333 inc tips and drinks package in Aqua class "A1" cabin, we considered Princess but in a Mini Suite with its own dining area the price was almost the same and did not include drinks or tips. We therefore stayed with X. If prices continue to rise they will price us all out, Big Ships empty cabins could be the outcome.

We booked the 24th October 2017 the Total Brochure price is £6333 inc tips and drinks package in Aqua class "A1" cabin, we considered Princess but in a Mini Suite with its own dining area the price was almost the same and did not include drinks or tips. We therefore stayed with X. If prices continue to rise they will price us all out, Big Ships empty cabins could be the outcome.

Roy and Marilyn,

Please join us on the Roll Call for the October 24 sailing. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2301131

Marie