Huge Price Increase!!!

mvaughan

I guess you might consider us as a "naive newbies", but in the end, we are all aware of the games and what is important is to monitor the prices, be informed and no matter what they called it 50% or whatever, is to pay the price you think is fair and we know the difference.

No matter the company, they all play the same. If you want to cruise you do your homework.

You're not a naive newbie because you do understand the game. It's the ones who don't which are.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

I guess you might consider us as a "naive newbies", but in the end, we are all aware of the games and what is important is to monitor the prices, be informed and no matter what they called it 50% or whatever, is to pay the price you think is fair and we know the difference.

No matter the company, they all play the same. If you want to cruise you do your homework.

Ahhh, another voice of reason and not complaining (or sounding as such)...

bon voyage

Whatever that means :confused:

Bon Voyage

Sorry CS, just meant that those of us who are considered naive under the current circumstances/deals will either learn or accept or move on from the experience, that is all.

Thank you and bon voyage

So, just to check.

In your opinion is it better for me to wait until the 1st of September to book a cruise for next July or take the current price on the .co.uk website? (UK cruiser)

Thanks

There will be a new UK promo

Check both US & UK prices and EU .

I can depend on grade where is best.

Celebrity is running a new promotion next week which is called Two if by Sea sale for the month of September. I found this yesterday when googling Celebrity promotions. I am not a travel agent, just checking on prices for all of our upcoming bookings.

It has $25 dollar deposits from Sept 1-5 2016, then reduced deposits for the rest of September, and it is good on 4 night sailings and longer sailings from December 1, 2016-April 30, 2018, and is for oceanview and higher cabins and includes 1 of the 4 perks and must be a new booking made during the time period. Suites get all four perks and an upgrade to the premium beverage package. The price for the first person is full fare, the second person is half off. Excludes the transatlantics, transpacifics, repositioning Galapagos, Alaska cruisetours, and Celebrity Explorations, and can't be combined with any other promotion such as resident, senior, interline, exciting deals etc.

We have four sailings that would be in the time frame for the promotion. I repriced all of them with the new increased rates showing on Celebrity's website today and the half off for the second person over what we deposited the cabins for , and the base prices are exactly the same for three of our cruises with this promotion, and the only decrease was in a European sailing we have next year.

It may be that your travel agent is allowed to add more perks for a Labor Day sale next week, and I will recheck the prices on September the 1st for all of our cruises.

I hope it works out for others in getting a discount on their already booked cruises. I would really like it if Celebrity published a no perks base fare, but probably wishful thinking on my part.

Even w/ this new promo, our Alaskan Cruise on Millie, Aug 2017 is up $2200 since March when we booked it. Wowza.

In follow up to Post #218 from Montreal, CA, We are close to booking a Canada/New England cruise with Oceania. Celebrity isn't in that market despite the efforts to price a similar trip at the same price point. Why Oceania? ...the food of course!!

The Trans-Atlantics from Celebrity for the spring and fall of 2017 still seem to be at an attractive price point. But Princess is close behind.

Alaska and other Western Hemisphere itineraries are almost fully booked for Spring 2017 and at top dollar!.

Don't give up on cruising Europe............an excellent value and the exchange rate is the best in years.

Majorcat in Vancouver, WA. (the other Vancouver)

I'm on the Summit in October & received an email from my T/A offering me a $270 per person reduction in our inside stateroom. The only catch I had to give up $150 OBC per person. It only took me the time to say it in an email. WOW was I surprised.

The price from my T/A was already less than Celebrity's price.

Tom😎

2000$/each passenger price increase Aqua A2 on 11 night Caribbean Jazz cruise 4/17:eek:

What:eek::eek::eek:

Hate to leave Celebrity but must say I have 2 Princess cruises scheduled in the next 5 months.

Celebrity is pricing themselves out of the market for midline cruise company IMHO.

I can buy an occasional pina colada and glass of wine for much less than 4grand.

So, just to check.

In your opinion is it better for me to wait until the 1st of September to book a cruise for next July or take the current price on the .co.uk website? (UK cruiser)

Thanks

I'm waiting!

I priced up a 9 night Med cruise a week ago for 2 adults and 1 child. Then, from £4845 - now £5169 (balcony); £3485 - now £4329 (ocean view). Still plenty of cabins available too!

If it doesn't come down, we'll be going elsewhere. Simple. In fact, I am very tempted to book with Princess just because of this ridiculous game. Yes, they all offer different inducements/offers every now and then, but the scale of some of these increases takes your breath away (I've checked the 'new' prices of others I have already booked too!)

I'm on the Summit in October & received an email from my T/A offering me a $270 per person reduction in our inside stateroom. The only catch I had to give up $150 OBC per person. It only took me the time to say it in an email. WOW was I surprised.

The price from my T/A was already less than Celebrity's price.

Tom😎

Thought travel agents were not allowed to price cruises less than the cruise line?

Hate to leave Celebrity but must say I have 2 Princess cruises scheduled in the next 5 months.

Celebrity is pricing themselves out of the market for midline cruise company IMHO.

I can buy an occasional pina colada and glass of wine for much less than 4grand.

Same here. Currently, Celebrity is our cruise line of choice. However, I got a rate on a 11 night Christmas cruise with Princess that I could not pass up. Within the next five months, we have a Celebrity in October(Infinity), Princess in December(Regal), and Celebrity again in January(Eclipse), just a few days after leaving Princess.

Marie

We booked a Sept 2017 Canada/NE cruise through a US travel agent a few months ago, at $2100 pp, Oceanview (plus taxes) with Classic Drinks package. That was a nominal 50% off "brochure price". Since then it's generally been that price or a couple of hundred $ more.

That TA has now increased the price to $3265, presumably reflecting Celebrity's own increase, with the consequence that even if the "2nd person half price" comes in on 1st Sept as expected, the cost for two will be $4900, or $700 more than it was a week ago.

What a con!

Stuart

We booked a Sept 2017 Canada/NE cruise through a US travel agent a few months ago, at $2100 pp, Oceanview (plus taxes) with Classic Drinks package. That was a nominal 50% off "brochure price". Since then it's generally been that price or a couple of hundred $ more.

That TA has now increased the price to $3265, presumably reflecting Celebrity's own increase, with the consequence that even if the "2nd person half price" comes in on 1st Sept as expected, the cost for two will be $4900, or $700 more than it was a week ago.

What a con!

Stuart

Actually you can't normally include NE/Canada in the pricing con because this always happens on that itinerary. They only do three sailings per year and they're always sold out, thus the only time to book this route for the best price is when they're first released.

Actually you can't normally include NE/Canada in the pricing con because this always happens on that itinerary. They only do three sailings per year and they're always sold out, thus the only time to book this route for the best price is when they're first released.

Some may want to consider last minute(30-60 days out) with Princess. Last September we cruised NY-Quebec, 10 days, $599 pp interior. I don't recall what the other category pricing was. It seems every year they have good last minute rates with this itinerary. I will say the Caribbean Princess was not my favorite ship. Others seem to love it. With the right deal, I would give it another chance. It's possible that negative friends we were cruising with influenced us, but, that is a whole OTHER story, LOL.

Just assisted friends booking on our Jan Silhouette sailing, and at the end of the day, they paid about the same for a 1B, including perks, as they would have for booking an inside and adding amenities.

For our style of cruising, the 1B made sense. We all enjoy the premium beverage package (included in TA special), the gratuities were included, they received unlimited internet (several us have to 'work' a few days at sea) and $400 OBC was included, which will be used for the group dinners we enjoy each trip in LCG, Murano, etc.

While not everyone adds these expenses, for our group, it works.

Total damage with taxes and port fees, $1480 per person, vs around $1473 for an inside, adding everything a la carte. The midship 1B wins, for us, anyway....

Early we booked the Dec 16 2016 Silhouette for $1149 1A with Bev Package and $450 OBC. Now I think it is @1750pp. We always book while on a cruise and we always get the cabin we prefer. All of our booked cruises have gone up $600 to $700 pp. Since we live if Fl we have taken some 5 nite last minute deals.

Can I as a Brit in the UK use a USA site to book my Celebrity cruise and how does that work.I am interested in the Eclipse Sept 3rd 2017?

Anu suggestions would be really helpful especially from anyone in the UK who has booked through a use TA

I

Can I as a Brit in the UK use a USA site to book my Celebrity cruise and how does that work.I am interested in the Eclipse Sept 3rd 2017?

Anu suggestions would be really helpful especially from anyone in the UK who has booked through a use TA

We book through US TA when cheaper overall.

You have to research the agents as things are different.

Got great rates from an on-line but changes were a problem.

Another was fiddling cruise line promotions.

Our current one came from recommendation(ask around on you cruises) but we have seen cheaper since using them.

Our latest booking ended up UK as none of the US agents came close for our cabin choice.

Friends in a different grade got a great deal on their cabin.

I use the site that lets agents quote you a price, say you are US for the best pricing and work through the offers.

Most will work with a UK person but won't always admit it.

The US agents should be offering better prices than celebrity.com US prices.

The perks are changing UK perks are packaged different to US so check price/package carefully and remember if booking far out exchange rate

Edit:

We just use email to do the deal and in every case the cruiseline took the money not the TA so cruise is save.

Edited by insidecabin

Thought travel agents were not allowed to price cruises less than the cruise line?

Yours is a very commonly held belief that is utterly false. There are multiple, long established, large, well known and often used on-line travel agencies that quite often sell cruises for (sometimes LOTS) less than the cruise lines.

Current example is the 15 night Silhouette transatlantic on 5 November...

Celebrity's lowest price is $909pp... an online site has it for $689pp. :)

Shop around a little... you can save a LOT. ;)

Edited by teecee60

What a con!

Stuart

Sorry Stuart, hijacking your post. What is going on with X? This morning a mid range balcony for the May 2017 16 day Panama Canal was over $12,000. Balcony I tell you.

Just got an email alert from X, October 2016 sailing, CC: $1,199. Yes it states from but if you are starting with C3 how bad is it?

This is not even the two for one I hear about. How can this be?