Huge Price Increase!!!

mvaughan

Wow, just checked X website for my cruise. Glad I booked when I did. The cruise went up 20%. Wow...I can only think that the ship must be nearly full!

The prices on many Celebrity cruises just rose dramatically. What just happened? Maybe they're getting ready for the next big promotion.

Which cruise? Which category of stateroom?

One of my upcoming cruises just dropped by 25% for my stateroom category while all other categories went up.

Another just rose by a very small amount, but other categories rose quite a lot.

It's all supply and demand….

Just think, everyone's whose cruise pricing rose dramatically can now brag aboard how cheap they got it and feel proud of their timing....

Maybe this increase will be offset by travel to meet the ship? Who knows for sure.

bon voyage

I've never known such an enormous overnight price increase right across all categories except inside on a number of ships (Europe summer 2017).

Did wonder if there is something I don't know at play, as I find it difficult to believe that there has suddenly been such a big uptake in bookings?

I just booked a Bermuda cruise for my family in June, and I have been checking prices everyday since. It went up VERY dramatically across every category and sail date to Bermuda!! Fingers crossed that one day I will check and the price will have gone down just that dramatically.

We went to Bermuda just last July and about five months before the cruise the price randomly did drop dramatically (and stayed that way for a few days)I was able to upgrade from an inside cabin to an aqua class cabin for less money! It really does pay to check those prices every single day!

Unbelievable. Prince for our Sky Suite on our January Silhouette cruise is up $1800. I can't imagine booking at that price, even with all the included perks. If this is the trend, I'll be looking at other cruise lines and/or land vacations.

It IS crazy! I don't know how they can fill the ship at these prices. Since December 2015, I have cruised on the Constellation three times, the Summit last month, and have two more coming up within the next few months. In between the Infinity in October and the Eclipse in January I have booked a Princess cruise. It was too good to pass up. It is on the Regal Princess Dec 18-December 29(Merry Christmas), Southern Caribbean for $774pp(before taxes), obstructed balcony guarantee, $160 OBC. Lately, Celebrity has been our cruise line of choice, but it becoming cost prohibitive. IMO, their product is not warranting their prices.

I have been fishing around for the January 20, 2017 sailing of Equinox 10 night sailing, & the price for balcony rooms increased by 33%!

C2 room went from $2449 to $3265

SV $2139 to $2852

2A $2229 to $2972

2B $1949 to $2599

These prices are PER PERSON!

I suspect that these prices will tumble after final payment, & with cancellations due to Zika.

Perhaps Celebrity though everyone would be willing to book at higher prices now that we are relieved that they are not eliminating evening turn down service.

Edited by richsea

It is no secret that X's CEO feels that the line has been traditionally underpriced and, has accordingly, been raising prices and while she also cuts back (some would say lowering quality). Perhaps this will work for Celebrity.....since there are many brand loyal folks who will book no matter what the price. But then there are "equal oppportunity cruisers" such as moi...who book based on multiple factors including itinerary/value/quality. IMHO Celebrity quality has been in a gradual decline for the past 2 years where we have seen cut-backs in cuisine and entertainment...as well as a few minor things (which do add up). So here is an example. For 6 or the past 7 years we have always included the X 14 day Caribbean cruise (now on the Eclispe) as part of our annual cruise plans (we cruise 70-100 days a year). But with the price increases we are now considering HAL's new Koningsdam...which does a 21 day itinerary. Why do HAL over X? Food on HAL has been darn good in the past year (we have recently spent 79 days on that line) and they have a real Piano Bar...which we enjoy for late night entertainment. Our other strategy, when we see high prices, is to simply not book until the last minute. At that point we look at all the options (various cruise lines, AI Resorts, fly-drive trips, etc) and then book within a few weeks of the trip date.

Hank

I have been fishing around for the January 20, 2017 sailing of Equinox 10 night sailing, & the price for balcony rooms increased by 33%!

C2 room went from $2449 to $3265

SV $2139 to $2852

2A $2229 to $2972

2B $1949 to $2599

These prices are PER PERSON!

I suspect that these prices will tumble after final payment, & with cancellations due to Zika.

Perhaps Celebrity though everyone would be willing to book at higher prices now that we are relieved that they are not eliminating evening turn down service.

Our Jan 22nd 14 night sailing on Eclipse cost us $3899 for an S2 with classic drinks, $425 OBC and included grats because we booked early. I remember at the time thinking this deal will probably decrease in price. Now they want more for an AQ1 room when they become avaialable due to cancellations.

Not sure if I'll be happy or sad after final payment date on that one. :)

Prices go up; prices go down. One "Greatest Sale of the Year" ends only to be replaced by another "Greatest Sale of the Year". I would expect an announcement very soon about the next sale that will make you think that you are getting a real deal by including all kinds of perks that will be buried in the price.

For those who paid less: Doesn't it feel great to believe that you got a good deal? I've found that it really pays to book early for new and popular cruises like Mardi Gras. I now wait for last minute deals to book Caribbean cruises.

I now wait for last minute deals to book Caribbean cruises.

If I lived where you live I'd do exactly the same thing. The other day I saw a 7 night sailing of the Fathom Adonia for $260 balcony room. I'm sure it's not in the same league as an S class ship but that's $37.14 per person per night which is just ridiculous!