Allure - Live August 28th to September 4th - Changes in Latitude Change my Attitude

A&L_Ont

News flash.

Barefoot Beach now has blenders for icy drinks. They didn't in March but I'm glad I took that last trip to the buffet for a snack. You learn something new every day.

They didn't have the goods to make a bushwhacker but two daiquiris will do the trick.

17cf7363be52c41cba9f7ef8a943ddf3.jpg

And just a little something to keep my sugar levels up. I don't really have a problem with sugar levels but it sounds like a good excuse.

e605d207e795a4cb5c142a801e858061.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot, hot, hot is what Buster Poindexter said back in the day. I can't wait to return to this heat in November.

0768912bb7c720f018b1e18ba0540bd1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice and cool back here in London right now Andrew at 23 degrees. Seems like you are going to be bringing the heat home with you this weekend. Forecast is for 30 degrees plus humidity for the first two days of school next week. I am sure Owen will be pleased to hear that. Hopefully, his school has A/C. My school does not:(

A few more random Labadee photos.

2e89f65a6b2c369bbfa6858b9a1d117e.jpg

6abb5c544644a5945f7beb6862ce2fcd.jpg

bd616a6d651ae5a5809876a6bdba5fb1.jpg

fba9d7480003c443f34d9c407cbb9ac0.jpg

Thanks for the great lunch. Yah those cookies were mine, and they are long gone.

92f237d5ee6aff62b3bc0433495409f9.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

We saw this amazing shirt, no sarcasm intended, on the pier this morning.

We just might be members from the Canadian chapter. [emoji23]

218117e856b50a52dccf13d8fbe129bf.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

I would agree, the cabin has been comfortable. I am sitting on the balcony this morning enjoying the sun rising, watching people and have been active here on the thread.

As for the sail away it was a lot of fun. It was hot, that's why I brought a bottle of water. Some were drinking champagne to which I thought was a bad combo and others had non-alcoholic punch. To see the fort from the ship was really spectacular.

The walls that were constructed to keep the marauding pirates out was quite the task. I guess the people of San Juan didn't want to feel the burn that the citizens of Cockburn Town had endured.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote

Pretty clever taking about sun. You had me thinking about sunburn:D

Back on the Ship.

The last port of call is always bitter sweet. A handful of days ago they welcomed a board with open arms and in a couple of days they are going to give us the boot. Don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out.

The people of Labadee sent us all home with the traditional show. Periscope might have let me down but a good old movie always works.

Marc our cabana helper was spot on, even with having to run for the demanding guests. There were a couple grumpy ones but there were so many other nice guests.

In fact there's one couple that we met numerous times throughout the ship but we never have caught their names. However, I know the wife's sister is following this review on Cruise Critic back on dry land. So I will give them a shout out as well as the other roll callers we have met around the ship.

Our Labadee farewell. Thanks for an amazing day.

d5239c5fd8e3c85e83ac354b46f76272.jpg

https://vimeo.com/181249058

Edited by A&L_Ont

I might have to borrow a power washer from the deck crew, there so much sunscreen and sand on my legs I don't know if I'll ever get it off in the shower. We have dinner at Chops tonight so I better get scrubbing.

Insiders tip, stop at one of the fresh water pools when you return of the ship to help rinse off the worst of the grime. That being said the tip not might not be that much insider tip anymore. If you had seen the colour of the pool water you might think everyone else beat us to it. [emoji15]

I can't wait to get back to Labadee in November! :D

I always thought my cruises went by way too fast. Now I'm thinking your cruise is going by way too fast! :eek:

Me too. It is the last day and I don't want it to end. I will use this one from my last review, but it still works today.

09abfdc4a44a34b3da41ef47a33bff7a.jpg

You should have done a Breaking News Periscope!!!!!! Can't wait to try it out in Dec.

I think you will like it. Actually I bet you will love it, to the point that you will decorate you cabin door with this sign.

Thank you Pinterest.

703d099129c54e004cf5a430bfaa2819.jpg

So today is the last day. A little sad that today it ends but more than happy to have been here. Today will involve food, flow riding, sun and packing in no particular order. The sun is about to rise but I think I'd rather just lay in bed for a while.

Dinner at Chops was great last night. It was busy that's the way it is at specialty dining venues. We didn't do any shows tonight, we just came back to our cabin and kicked back and relaxed.

My FIL went in to the hospital on Monday for a routine overnight procedure but has had some unique complications and is still there now. He might not be released until this coming Monday or Tuesday so we face timed with my MIL just to keep her upbeat as she is coming home to an empty house. We are having a great time here but our minds are thinking about home this cruise more than ever.

Tonight we will do the dreaded packing but it won't take long.

I think I have covered most questions from people who's asked.

Donna- I didn't see Dru on a personal level to ask him how long he was staying.

Formal night question - for this sailing it was day two and San Juan night (day 5 I believe).

I also covered the headliner and comedians as well.

Oh, and I can't forget Maureen, you wanted a starfish. I got you a bakers dozen. Mission more than accomplished. [emoji3]

It took a while the find one for you but when we were on the beach at Labadee I found one and strangely enough there were more not from the first one. It must have been a family of them. Owen just started to snorkel so it came in handy with him and Lisa out there in the water and me on the beach edge looking.

They are in the hot tub on our balcony right now, so all is good but when do you get home from Alaska? We are going to have Uber stop on the way to the airport at the UPS Store and ship them to you. Lisa will PM you on Face Book for you address. I will leave you a note on your Alaska review as well. I think they should survive the trip just fine.

We laid them out in a picture for you, so you can recognize them as soon as you get home. Billy is the nearest one, and the one we named Sallie Sue is the further back and to the right.

I hope you enjoy them.

601e91879d0f330b773a4dfe0bf005f0.jpg

EDIT:

Maureen, I just looked out the window to check on them and they escaped! I never did trust that Sallie Sue with her cute star like face. LOL.

35f5b6b2c664e206ba9ea297ab1ae60e.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

Really have enjoyed your live review. We will be sailing Allure for the 2nd time this Dec. and are taking along 17 other friends and family this time who haven't experienced an Oasis class ship. You have done a wonderful job! Enjoy your last day!

Really loved the scopes and review Andrew. I can't believe how fast a week of fun goes?!

How about you plan for another one now?

Instead of subliminally messaging Lisa with Caribbean soaps from Bath and Body works, you ask the room steward for some extra suite soaps and put them in front of Lisa in a few months to remind her of the magical experience she needs to have every free months! :)

7de6a02448d12e84f723b25e1d37e87e.jpg

We will use ours in November to get us prepped for Harmony lol...

Enjoy the last bittersweet day bud!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks Andrew for another great funny review. I do not have access to the Periscopes, but have enjoyed your postings here. Enjoy your last day on the ship (and the Flowrider) til your November cruise.

Just came back from the wave. We were riding the bench for advanced up the line finally got to long. I think I'm done riding for this cruise, but you never know. [emoji6]

Rock climbing time.

Wall 1 -- Owen did his best so far. Next time he will make it the whole way. He did however make it the furthest of all cruises.

b2ce4dfbd20f96681f7aaea851db96c1.jpg

e963ed8f7c76fbfee889b23f72e3ab8e.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont