New Beach Bungalows on Labadee

coops

I have one booked for Friday. Any questions? I can report back.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Forums mobile app

comcry,

Could you please report back if you get to select your cabana upon arrival to Labadee or if it is pre-assigned to you? Thanks in advance!

Edited by mudd77

While the Cabana's are very nice and its a great area we found that the Experience was Totally Spoilt by Inconsiderate CIGAR SMOKERS who just did what they wanted, the Stench was everywhere, you could not even go for a Swim without the Stench of Cigars from those Smoking them in the Water, there should be a Separate Area for them or Even banned from Public Areas. It was a case of look at me I got my big fat Cigar going and I will do what I want to, NO CONSIDERATION at all for others.

While the Cabana's are very nice and its a great area we found that the Experience was Totally Spoilt by Inconsiderate CIGAR SMOKERS who just did what they wanted, the Stench was everywhere, you could not even go for a Swim without the Stench of Cigars from those Smoking them in the Water, there should be a Separate Area for them or Even banned from Public Areas. It was a case of look at me I got my big fat Cigar going and I will do what I want to, NO CONSIDERATION at all for others.

Eh, sorry that happened to you but what does it contributes to this specific bungalow thread?

I loved number one. There were a few walk ins but the bartenders were all over them. There was no smoking at all around us. That would have really spoiled my time. Sorry to hear about that. It was all families and some older folks with bungalows. I didn't see many bartenders tending to others. In fact I didn't see any. I'm not sure if the bar service is only for those in the bungalows or if people just weren't drinking. I had the drink package but heard the drinks were very expensive.

But you are correct the other bungalows are set further back. I didn't like the narrow water way down toward the end and I wanted to be able to watch my 5 yr old from my deck the few times that I sent up to grab a drink or something. Btw the water was extremely calm over here. In the other side of was much rougher (with waves). Depends on what you like.

Thanks comcry!

In Nov we saw waiters serving the normal beach, it was a bit around that time; we only the bungalow attendant with two occupied bungalows but were fine with a walk to the buffet area where a waiter had a cart stand with iced drinks.

Did they replaced the white plastic loungers for the brown wicker thingy ones to distinguish the bungalow area a bit more?

edit; enjoy your cruise btw!

Edited by FreestyleNovice

We rented one for 7 of us. We were assigned bungalow BB4 which was a nice location in the middle. Attendants-Marc and Jean Regis were extremely helpful and took wonderful care of us. Unfortunately during our visit, the food station at Columbus Cove was closed. However, Marc called for a golf cart and they drove us back and forth to get food. At the end of the day, they called for another cart to take us back to the ship. We really enjoyed our day there.

Btw Comcry, saw you picked #1, weren't the accidental walkins not bothering you? Also #1 is more exposed I felt..

hwl8gz.jpg

Reminds me of the Bungalows at Labadee environment from the photos posted in this grouping.

Which we like a lot. :D

Edited by MizDemeanor

Had bungalow #6 today for 6 people and it was wonderful. Our attendant was Marie and she was lovely and took excellent care of us. She made sure we had enough bottled water for all of us in the cooler and enough floaty mats. There were only three bungalows rented so it was quiet and private. We were really happy we had it. For us we wouldn't have wanted 1 or 2 but any of the others would have worked. My pics are no better than any posted before.

• 1 month later...
Had bungalow #6 today for 6 people and it was wonderful. Our attendant was Marie and she was lovely and took excellent care of us. She made sure we had enough bottled water for all of us in the cooler and enough floaty mats. There were only three bungalows rented so it was quiet and private. We were really happy we had it. For us we wouldn't have wanted 1 or 2 but any of the others would have worked. My pics are no better than any posted before.

Sounds great! Were you as close to the water as the pictures on page 7?

We have a bb reserved for March. I have limited mobility. Will they come to the ship, so I don't have to bring scooter on to the island and back again. I like that they will take you to lunch area and back!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have a bb reserved for March. I have limited mobility. Will they come to the ship, so I don't have to bring scooter on to the island and back again. I like that they will take you to lunch area and back!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kathie -

We have one rented for march as well. My sister in law also has limited mobility. We read a blog that had a story of a husband who had broken his leg and they picked him up from the boat in a "beach' wheelchair and wheeled him over to the bungalow.

That's one of the reasons we rented one. Because of the help from the cruiseline with accessability.

If we go before you (we are Freedom 3/4) Ill post here with feedback on how it went.

-Sean