New Beach Bungalows on Labadee

coops

• 2 weeks later...
We rented one just last week. I booked under my name only @$250 and there was space for 8 people. There were 6 of us that shared it. It was very comfortable for that many to sit there. and 2 more would not have been hard.

We could tell they were new. The cooler had 6 large bottles of Evian water. We got 2 floater mats. It was shaded sitting there. They had 2 towels there. I'm guessing you could have gotten more towels and maybe water but we had brought our own from the ship.

I think there were only 8 available to rent. There were two rows of beach chairs lined up in front of them for all of those who rented them to share. There were always lots of beach chairs available.

The only downside was the swim area was right next to a small boat dock. The boats that docked here, how shall I say it, needed a little maintenance. They spit out lots of black smoke when they were running. It left the ocean water in the area a little greasy/oily from the motors.

Oh, be sure to take the ferry or the tram over there so you don't have to walk so far!

I love Columbus Cove but I'm curious where exactly the bungalows are located. It isn't the largest beach. Is there still a lot of room for beach loungers if you haven't paid for a bungalow? I had the most beautiful semi shady spot under a tree last time and I'm wondering if it's still like that. Did you take any pics by chance?

Edited by goodml

I think they are the "beach beds"...not much shade...and who wants to lounge on a bed all day? I think it's a waste of money....but you might like it..I'd rather be free to move about...loungers are plentiful and everywhere! For free!

You get more than "loungers". You also get mats, numerous bottles of water, a comfy place to rest in the shade, and it fits your family. I will book it every time.. AND YES... It is worth the money to me...

The cabanas are all the way at the end. I have pics of the area but not sure you can see exactly where it is194a1ba0566adb80e99f10f046f14cf6.jpg20d6fe74c77a0a1d87b058a2134ba68f.jpg.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for posting the pics. Looks like they're exactly where I used to go. I'm assuming the rows of loungers in front are only for the folks that purchase the bungalows correct?

Thanks so much for posting the pics. Looks like they're exactly where I used to go. I'm assuming the rows of loungers in front are only for the folks that purchase the bungalows correct?

They were when we booked ours, they moved them where we wanted them.. We enjoyed them SO much...

They were when we booked ours, they moved them where we wanted them.. We enjoyed them SO much...

So my question is, is there any space in that area for people who don't get a bungalow to use loungers or is it all reserved for them? Thanks in adavance. :)

We decided to reserve one for our December cruise on Navigator while the sale was on. It's marked 20% off but it most definitely is only 10% lower than it was a couple weeks ago but, $25 is better than nothing. We'all see if it's worth it.

• 1 month later...

We had one yesterday.Loved it. Service was super. Yes they are very very good at keeping non guests out. Yes I think you could manage a chair. Note though one small step up into bungalow. I'm confident they will assist you with what you need, there is a tremendous amount of assistance provided to those who require it.

We had one yesterday.Loved it. Service was super. Yes they are very very good at keeping non guests out. Yes I think you could manage a chair. Note though one small step up into bungalow. I'm confident they will assist you with what you need, there is a tremendous amount of assistance provided to those who require it.

Thanks for posting. Is there a place where you check in when you get off the ship or do you just head over to Columbus Cove and an attendant is there? Did you happen to take any pictures?

You check in at the beach bungalow location. There are two people assigned to these bungalows of which there are 8 in total.

We took the good walk over to Columbus Cove and took the tram back at the end if the day.

The two attendants get your drinks the entire time. They let you know when lunch is ready. The food area is very close as are restrooms.

As for pictures I only took a few but upload from iPhone is a struggle for me, the ones already posted are good captures of what is there.

Overall I prefer these over the suite and over water cabanas because these are on level ground. And they do a really super job keeping it exclusive.

Edited by MizDemeanor

And they do a really super job keeping it exclusive.

The beach in front of them is exclusive or just the perimeter of the bungalows? Thanks in advance. Would love to see some extra photos, still considering..

(an Dropbox account or using the Tapatalk forum app for Cruise Critic might be easy to share/upload your pictures, I just transfer pics between PC and iPhone and manually upload them at Tinypic.com, retrieve the photo's url and use it in a post with the [img ] brackets)

We're taking our 25 year old son with autism on Harmony in Fall 2017. It will only be 3 of us, but these might be a good place for him. When it's just my husband and Me, we walk to Nellies, but these might give him a bit more space.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The photo that is in post 81 shows the beach loungers that reside in front of the bungalows at Columbus cove. Those loungers are for the exclusive use of the beach bungalow guests. They are for up to 8 people and there are adequate loungers in my opinion.

At Columbus Cove there remains a primarily large area that is open to anyone on a first come first serve basis. So Columbus Cove remains available for anyone who wants to utilize that area.

The problem that occurs is that people see empty loungers in front of the bungalows in the picture and they sit in them. They are asked if they have the bungalow and are then advised that those loungers are for the use of those with bungalow only. Just as the suite area is for suite guests, etc.

The bungalow area is at the bitter end of Columbus Cove, near the gate and wall that is secured to keep anyone from the ship going further than they should.

The photo that is in post 81 shows the beach loungers that reside in front of the bungalows at Columbus cove. Those loungers are for the exclusive use of the beach bungalow guests. They are for up to 8 people and there are adequate loungers in my opinion.

At Columbus Cove there remains a primarily large area that is open to anyone on a first come first serve basis. So Columbus Cove remains available for anyone who wants to utilize that area.

The problem that occurs is that people see empty loungers in front of the bungalows in the picture and they sit in them. They are asked if they have the bungalow and are then advised that those loungers are for the use of those with bungalow only. Just as the suite area is for suite guests, etc.

The bungalow area is at the bitter end of Columbus Cove, near the gate and wall that is secured to keep anyone from the ship going further than they should.

Glad to hear they are for bungalows only . We have 2 bungalows reserved in April with 16 of us. Do we get arm bands so the attendents know who are allowed to use the loungers and who can't . Thanks

Glad to hear they are for bungalows only . We have 2 bungalows reserved in April with 16 of us. Do we get arm bands so the attendents know who are allowed to use the loungers and who can't . Thanks

No bands for our time this week. We saw some bungalows with large groups of friends and family and it seemed to work out nicely. I feel from what i saw the loungers are well protected from non bungalow guests. Its a very small and contained area that i felt was very well supervised and maintained. The two attendants are always watching.

Did anyone who rented one of these have the drink pkg? If so, were your drinks from the Cabana boys free? I also booked one for my upcoming cruise.

It's great to have a home base and to get out of the sun for a little hear and there. Also, great place for the young kids to take a nap or take a rest.

Did anyone who rented one of these have the drink pkg? If so, were your drinks from the Cabana boys free? I also booked one for my upcoming cruise.

It's great to have a home base and to get out of the sun for a little hear and there. Also, great place for the young kids to take a nap or take a rest.

Yup....they will get you anything that is a available that you may want. The cooler comes with two big bottles of Evian Water, for anything else the two attendants could not have been more attentive. I can only hope that everyone after us has the same sort of excellent experience that we did. If we had taken them up on every bar service request we would have needed help getting back on board. :D

There were families in these bungalows with little ones who we thought these were perfect for, exactly for what you outline for nap times for the kids. Peaceful and shaded and comfortable.

We would take one of these again in a heartbeat and I was thrilled that one was available so close to our sail date as we booked last minute.

We have one reserved for March. We are wondering if we could bring two of the lounge chairs up close. I have a very bad back and I can't set up straight for an all day beach trip. Last year we had one on Nellies Beach and they had 2 lounges. These are not available for this cruise. TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk