New Beach Bungalows on Labadee

coops

We have one reserved for March. We are wondering if we could bring two of the lounge chairs up close. I have a very bad back and I can't set up straight for an all day beach trip. Last year we had one on Nellies Beach and they had 2 lounges. These are not available for this cruise. TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't think of a reason why not. Even though the loungers are very close by, say 10 feet facing toward the water, I pulled one up alongside because that was where the sun was when I wanted to take my nap. :o

bf41340d69dfcc12d02c44f6f9e112bb.jpg

Pano of the area from our bungalow. If this photo uploads many thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the info and picture. We are going in Jan. We have a group of 14. Is it possible to get one bungalow and have 14 share it more as a base of operation, or will they actually only allow 8? Likely we'll try for 2 anyway, but we have some who love sun and some who don't.

thanks for the info and picture. We are going in Jan. We have a group of 14. Is it possible to get one bungalow and have 14 share it more as a base of operation, or will they actually only allow 8? Likely we'll try for 2 anyway, but we have some who love sun and some who don't.

I think not. I would be annoyed to have 14 different folks going in and out next to my $250 beach hut.. ;)

edit; with 2 you're indeed allowed

Edited by FreestyleNovice

34928vb.jpg

2lj41ty.jpg

The Bungalows are on the very end of Columbus Cove and have a small piece of the beach, some 20-25 loungers dedicated for the Bungalows. Each Bungalow comes with two floating mats, a cooler filled with ice and 4 small bottles of water.

Directly behind the Bungalows it's roped off. Bungalow #1 is directly behind the attendant's check in desk and also gets the most accidental walk ins and other foot traffic. Bungalow #8 is tucked in next to a wall and closest to the small boats using the pier/water taxi facility. The Bungalows are set up in a half circle, half double row of beach loungers in front of the water line, some 30ft from there to the Bungalows, it's cozy and has some palm trees.

I think the Bungalows are given out on a first come, first serve. We walked up without a reservation which was kind of new for the poor attendant, price was the same as online ($250). Only one other Bungalow was occupied and left shortly after our arrival and very light rain shower. The roofing is made of bamboo and is not closed, I would have liked to see a ceiling fan and/or some power outlets, maybe a clothes hook or a wall cabinet/shelf. It was very basic; Bungalow, corner sofa with cushions, coffee table with glass counter top, beach towels for use and curtains on all sides. I guess it's pretty in balance to the other offers; like the $175 open daybed in Adrenalin Beach and much more expensive cabana's on Labadee.

But non the less, a great spot to have a beach retreat!

Thank you.....I went to the website...is that allll there is to it for 20.00 a person for 1 hour :eek: It looks so close to the bungalows I thought it was included..It will be hard to keep the kids away being that close

Thank you.....I went to the website...is that allll there is to it for 20.00 a person for 1 hour :eek: It looks so close to the bungalows I thought it was included..It will be hard to keep the kids away being that close

The zoomed photo was taken from the water sports pier (where the jet ski's etc are) so it must be the angle of the photo that deceives, the water park is visible from the Bungalows but is not directly in front of them. :)

See this map, hosted by CCer Gambee; http://cruisewithgambee.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/BEST-OF-LABADEE1.jpg

A bit below the #43 dot is where the Bungalows are, on the edge of the map.

I am really on the fence on whether we would use it or not. We really need shade but I would much prefer a lounger. Can you reserve one online and cancel if you decide you dont want it before the cruise?

You can cancel for a full refund up to 3 days before the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...