Transfers From Newark to Manhattan Terminal

wee-haggis

This is not pre arranged but the cabs right outside the terminals are a great bet. Fare would be around $55 which includes the toll (not the tip). About a 25 minute ride without traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did use Super Shuttle from Newark to Hotel but it was a total disaster, we waited well 1 and half hours to be picked up at EWR and then on disembarkation it was two arguments with two drivers finally we got into one van and the driver said that it was not our vehicle but we refused to move, hekept the whole van of people held up till he got clearance from HQ. I knew he was going to EWR because I had asked a couple that were already in the van.

Having said that we have used them numerous times out of MIA and FFL without incident.

So beware!

Book a car service. $55 sounds cheap - I pay around $50 from Newark airport to my home, 10 miles away and in NJ. A car service from my home to the terminal (10 miles) is over $75. Most do not recommend super shuttle at the NYC airports.

Book a car service. $55 sounds cheap - I pay around $50 from Newark airport to my home, 10 miles away and in NJ. A car service from my home to the terminal (10 miles) is over $75. Most do not recommend super shuttle at the NYC airports.

We learned the hard way.

Pretty bad at most any airport/city.

We used Carmel car service to get from Newark into the city (the apartment we stayed at was just up the street from the cruise terminal). It was good that we did; the cost was about $80 with tip, but we sat in traffic for an hour trying to get into the tunnel (the Pope was in town). If we had been in a cab, the meter would have kept running and adding .40 per minute to the fare.

My brother in law also uses Dial 7 car service from Newark into the city.

This is not pre arranged but the cabs right outside the terminals are a great bet. Fare would be around $55 which includes the toll (not the tip). About a 25 minute ride without traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree.

That's incorrect. The $55 estimate given on the airport's website excludes tolls (and tip), and clearly states that fact. You will be charged for round trip tolls of approximately $20 for the tunnel and turnpike on top of the $55, plus the tip.