Breakaway; Moderno Breakfast and Lunch service

lah66

Is this a suite only perk or can anyone eat breakfast or lunch at Moderno? I have seen this mentioned only a few times and in one scenario they were not staying in a suite but maybe had family that were?! I also read this is only available on sea days.

I keep reading how crowded the buffet is so want to understand all our options. I tried a search but did not come up with much!

Thank you!

Lauri

Breakfast at Moderno/Cagney's on the Breakaway is not a suite perk. It is open to all passengers and it's wonderful. (It is only opened on sea days.)

The breakfast/lunch at Moderno's on the 'Away class ships is just a buffet. Most/all of the food there is also at the main buffet.

The breakfast/lunch at Moderno's on the 'Away class ships is just a buffet. Most/all of the food there is also at the main buffet.

I've been on Getaway 3 times and am not aware of breakfast or lunch at Moderno's. Can someone confirm this applies to Getaway or is it just Breakaway?

Thank you everyone! Great, we will have an alternate place to eat if the buffet is too crazy! I will make sure to look at the dailies to see if Moderno is open and if there is a theme that may interest us. Nice to have more options! We are in aft balconies on deck 9 so Moderno is actually closer.

I did not realize that suites can dine in the Haven restaurant. I assumed there are suites onboard that are considered non-Haven but maybe that is wrong!

Thanks for all the great info! We are so excited to cruise again! We will be celebrating two anniversaries and having my treatment for breast cancer completed! It is going to be an absolute ball!

Lauri

Thank you everyone! Great, we will have an alternate place to eat if the buffet is too crazy! I will make sure to look at the dailies to see if Moderno is open and if there is a theme that may interest us. Nice to have more options! We are in aft balconies on deck 9 so Moderno is actually closer.

I did not realize that suites can dine in the Haven restaurant. I assumed there are suites onboard that are considered non-Haven but maybe that is wrong!

Thanks for all the great info! We are so excited to cruise again! We will be celebrating two anniversaries and having my treatment for breast cancer completed! It is going to be an absolute ball!

Lauri

Starting with the Epic, all the newer NCL ship suites have Haven privileges. The Gem was the last ship built where not all suites have Haven privileges.

How was the Mexican buffet? I love Mexican food so am hoping it is worthwhile going.

It was OK at best. The same can be said for all the ethnic cuisine buffets served in Moderno. It's just cruise ship buffet food served in a different room. Don't expect anything outstanding. The reason we would eat there was to avoid the mobs in the main buffet.