Any bad balconies on Serenade?

We were in 9652 (starboard, aft) on the Serenade for a transatlantic and actually changed staterooms to 9652 when a super good deal for this obstructed view stateroom became available just before final payment date. There is some window washing equipment outside the balcony, but the view is not obstructed at all. Our stateroom was large and quiet. 9654 is also a good option, as well as the reciprocal staterooms on the port side. If you don't mind a bit of walking, these staterooms are private and quiet. We don't like the lifeboat view obstructions, but the washing equipment wasn't an issue.

For photos, do a thread search using the stateroom numbers.

Ditto...your view in the "obstructed balconies" is NOT blocked at all! You can see the window washing platform or ladder ABOVE your sightlines, but you will still have a full view of every inch of ocean before you! No worries!

A little off topic but thought cruiserbillyboo might benefit from answers as well. I have been away from RCCL for a bit and I just booked a balcony guarantee on Serenade. Once assigned a category can you still switch cabins within that category? I used to be successful doing that previously. TIA

we were in 8590 in November 2013. Wouldn't recommend - the balcony is only wide enough at the wider end. If the person furthest away from the door wants to go in, then both have to go in! If you look at the deck plan for 9590, you will see how narrow it is at one end (mind you not as narrow as 8590).

thanks for the info. I had always heard the "bump" cabins had more space on the balcony. Any suggestions for a different cabin ?

Great name you chose! Thank You for your service! I am USAF Retired also! :cool:

• 1 month later...
Wife and I will be celebrating our 50th. wedding anniversary on Seranade of the Seas and have booked a "bump cabin", more specifically cabin # 9590, port side, Does anyone have any feedback photos or other useful insight on this cabin ?

How are you? Steve from PA and on the same cruise with you, we are in the cabin two down from you in 9586, specifically booked that cabin. We were originally in an aft cabin with the big balcony but while on the ship walked back there a couple of times and while the balcony IS big I thought the walk to the back of the ship would get old pretty quick. While I've never had a hump cabin my understanding is they are highly sought after and go quick. I'm sure we'll be talking as the cruise nears not to mention the fact that we'll be two cabins away from you! Also, these are on the Starboard side as the port side is glass. BTW, thank you for your service to our country!

Hi Steve from PA, good to hear back from you. Wife and I had also considered one of the aft cabins due to large balcony but wife also felt the long walk would get very old, very quickly and I agree. Not as young as we used to be. So you have a cabin only 2 doors down from us. Great! Looking forward to more conversations and meeting you in April.

Take care and God Bless.:)