Carnival announces upgrades for Imagination

jimbo5544

That is interesting, are they not the last two of the line (I could go look it up but I am to lazy)?

Sent from my iPhone

Yes. They are the two newest Fantasy class. They got passed over when most of the rest got EOF, too. Not sure what's up with those two.

This make absolutely no sense to me!! This ship is smaller than the Miracle and only sails short cruises, yet the Miracle's 2.0 upgrades are lacking guy's burgers and the Blue Iguana Cantina:rolleyes::rolleyes: What's up with that?:mad::mad::mad:

I know! Exactly what I was thinking.

I do love the Fantasy class ships, but the Miracle got short-changed royally.

Wait.... 9-25? I'm booked to sail out on Imagination 9-22.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's a typo..Here is another link for Carnival's press release:

http://carnival-news.com/2016/09/01/carnival-imagination-to-undergo-multi-million-dollar-renovation-that-will-add-variety-of-exciting-dining-and-bar-concepts/

You are correct, I thought I made the mistake, but it is 3 weeks 9to the 25th) and that it what it said on Seatradeinsider.com. Oohlalalicious, take breath and relax.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hahaha! I was like what?! I'm so sad lol

We decided on booking our next cruise on the Imagination instead of the Miracle due to these 2.0 upgrades. We just gotta try those Guys burgers. It sucks because we really do like the Miracle but it left a sour taste in our mouth when they decided to leave out GB and BI. Thanks for the update.

I know! Exactly what I was thinking.

I do love the Fantasy class ships, but the Miracle got short-changed royally.

Miracle was supposed to go to China when it went into dry dock and Guys and Blue Iguana aren't catered to the Chinese cruises as much as American. Now that those plans have been shelved, I think Miracle will get those upgrades next dry dock.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, the Mongolian Wok will be eliminated.

I asked John Heald this question on FB and he responded saying the Mongolian Wok will still be available after the upgrades. I guess I will know the real answer this coming Thursday when I step foot on the newly upgraded Imagination :)

I asked John Heald this question on FB and he responded saying the Mongolian Wok will still be available after the upgrades. I guess I will know the real answer this coming Thursday when I step foot on the newly upgraded Imagination :)

I hope so. I'm looking at going on the Imagination later this year. I just got off the Inspiration on Friday and she has Guys and Blue Iguana added but the Mongolian Wok was taken away.

I hope so. I'm looking at going on the Imagination later this year. I just got off the Inspiration on Friday and she has Guys and Blue Iguana added but the Mongolian Wok was taken away.

I was thinking it would be gone also and I was bummed because I love the Wok, which is why I asked John the question. I'm still thinking it will be gone, I don't think there is enough space to keep it, but I'll report for sure when we get home next Sunday after sailing on her

I was thinking it would be gone also and I was bummed because I love the Wok, which is why I asked John the question. I'm still thinking it will be gone, I don't think there is enough space to keep it, but I'll report for sure when we get home next Sunday after sailing on her

Okay great! Looking forward to finding out.

Honestly there probably is enough room to keep it in between Guys and Blue Iguana. All they have right now in between is a large desert bar.

The only problem I would foresee if they had Guys, Mongolian Wok, and Blue Iguana outside would be congestion around all the food bars.

Edited by spencercoop

If it is set up like the Inspiration which I'm assuming it will be the Wok will be replaced by the Blue Iguana Cantina

The only other Fantasy class ship to have 2.0 is the Fantasy and the Wok was also removed for Blue Iguana.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Edited by JLee1973

Here's from goccl.

Carnival Imagination Dry Dock: 9/04/16 - 9/22/16

In addition to routine hotel maintenance and cosmetic enhancements in lounges and public areas such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work and lighting, the following will take place:

Guy’s Burger Joint (replace food service: Off the Grill and Rotisierre)

BlueIguana Cantina (replace food service: Mongolian Wok)

RedFrog Rum Bar (replace pool bar)

BlueIguana Tequila Bar (replace pool bar)

Alchemy Bar (replace Pinnacle Bar)

Cherry On Top (replace Special Occasion)

Crew area renovations

According to that site, the Mongolian Wok is going to be eliminated.

Here's from goccl.

Carnival Imagination Dry Dock: 9/04/16 - 9/22/16

In addition to routine hotel maintenance and cosmetic enhancements in lounges and public areas such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work and lighting, the following will take place:

Guy’s Burger Joint (replace food service: Off the Grill and Rotisierre)

BlueIguana Cantina (replace food service: Mongolian Wok)

RedFrog Rum Bar (replace pool bar)

BlueIguana Tequila Bar (replace pool bar)

Alchemy Bar (replace Pinnacle Bar)

Cherry On Top (replace Special Occasion)

Crew area renovations

According to that site, the Mongolian Wok is going to be eliminated.

I was just going to post this but you beat me to it. I have not seen you posting for some while.

Sent from my iPhone

I was just going to post this but you beat me to it. I have not seen you posting for some while.

Sent from my iPhone

I haven't been on as much as I used to be. Work has been crazy lately and I've been taking some classes as well, so I don't have much free time as before.

I'm sailing this same cruise. This will be my very first cruise. I'm so excited only 4 days left!