$5 off $50 Carnival Giftcard

Ranyw

Locked out after purchasing 2: 1 on Chrome and 1 on IE.... Paypal customer service was no help. Hopefully it unlocks tomorrow.....

Bob

This has happened to me for quite some time. I've been buying Carnival and Southwest Airlines gift cards consistently over the last 18 months. I get locked out ALL of the time. Once in a while I can snag a few. I got one this time around.

I've tried so many times and have even worked with PayPal. PayPal said they released all flags but the purchase still won't go through. They are now saying that they have received too many claims against this seller and my purchase won't be approved due to that reason. I told them others have successfully been able to make purchases using PayPal but they told me that there was nothing they could do! I'm so frustrated since I've been trying since Saturday!!!!

I've tried so many times and have even worked with PayPal. PayPal said they released all flags but the purchase still won't go through. They are now saying that they have received too many claims against this seller and my purchase won't be approved due to that reason. I told them others have successfully been able to make purchases using PayPal but they told me that there was nothing they could do! I'm so frustrated since I've been trying since Saturday!!!!

If you are buying the discounted ones everyone else is talking about the rep flat out lied to you or doesn't have a clue. The seller is "PayPal digital gifts"- a PayPal owned store

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL too many claims against the seller...idiots. THEY are the seller. I tried buying another by inclusing it in an order for 3 items. 2 items went thru and the gift card said pending and then never saw anything on it again. Paypal paid the other 2 items but not the gift card. Crazy, I think that they just sold too many and this is how they stop it.

If you are buying the discounted ones everyone else is talking about the rep flat out lied to you or doesn't have a clue. The seller is "PayPal digital gifts"- a PayPal owned store

I called PayPal again and they said this is not a PayPal owned store. It's just a seller that uses PayPal in their name according to this Rep. They just handle their transactions for them. I am now being told to contact the seller to see if they would accept another form of payment because despite flags being removed, they can get the sell to go thru. The Rep also said that it could also be that the seller is not in good standing because they have received several complaints. Oh well, I give up. I'll just wait for AARP to offer them again.

I called PayPal again and they said this is not a PayPal owned store. It's just a seller that uses PayPal in their name according to this Rep. They just handle their transactions for them. I am now being told to contact the seller to see if they would accept another form of payment because despite flags being removed, they can get the sell to go thru. The Rep also said that it could also be that the seller is not in good standing because they have received several complaints. Oh well, I give up. I'll just wait for AARP to offer them again.

Unless they have sold the store to a 3rd party in the last 2 years the rep is wrong

https://9to5mac.com/2013/12/03/paypal-digital-gift-store/

http://business.time.com/2013/12/04/paypal-launches-digital-gift-store-with-only-one-client-apple/

And from the PayPal site itself

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/about-paypal-products

Edited by CheapieD

I don't know if the browser matters. A rep last night "changed" my security settings and I was able to buy one while on the phone with her. I've tried 20 times since then and haven't been able to get a 2nd card or been able to get through to PayPay. In the meantime I've bought other stuff on ebay with PayPal just fine. ***. :mad:

I picked up another today (#2 total). I did have to verify my account, again, but it went through after that.

I am using Google Chrome for my browser. Maybe those that are having such difficulty are using a different browser?

Who's locking me out though? The seller? Ebay? Paypal? So weird that I can buy other stuff, just not a gift card.

I bought 6 the first time, and 4 the next day before I got locked out each time.

Just luck it seems like.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk