reconfigured Island promenade deck

ro

can anyone tell me if one can still walk all around the Promenade deck on the Island? I was on it two years ago, before Princess messed it up, and you could do so. The new plan looks as if the cabins are now in the way and I'm wondering how you do the circuit, if you're trying to walk the mile.

And I loved the Universe Lounge..sigh...

can anyone tell me if one can still walk all around the Promenade deck on the Island? I was on it two years ago, before Princess messed it up, and you could do so. The new plan looks as if the cabins are now in the way and I'm wondering how you do the circuit, if you're trying to walk the mile.

No. You have to cut through the ship. We cruised Island and tried to have an open mind about the refit but it is now officially our least favorite Princess ship. Every time we headed aft for anything we "ran out of ship" way too soon. We were surprised when we first saw the ship as it doesn't even look like a Princess ship anymore. The aft portion is all cabins and the Promenade is blocked off.

You now have to go through the aft elevator lobby to connect the two sides of the promenade deck because the cabins aft of there have replaced that section of promenade deck.

Edited by Astro Flyer

No. You have to cut through the ship. We cruised Island and tried to have an open mind about the refit but it is now officially our least favorite Princess ship. Every time we headed aft for anything we "ran out of ship" way too soon. We were surprised when we first saw the ship as it doesn't even look like a Princess ship anymore. The aft portion is all cabins and the Promenade is blocked off.

Agree . Haven't heard a lot of good about the changes. Also vibration and plumbing issues have been caused.

... tried to have an open mind about the refit but it is now officially our least favorite Princess ship. ...

If you try the new ones ... it might not feel so bad.

If you didn't like Island however, you'd like Royal less...

We sailed on "Royal" December 2013. We hated it. We'd sailed on Island, Grand, and Sapphire before, and had great expectations with Royal 'cause it was new. Instead, we had great disappointments.

We just booked Island for Feb. 2017 on a 10-day Panama trip. After reading recent reviews and comments about the refit, we're tempted to cancel. When we did a 15-day Hawaii RT in 2006, we loved the ship.