Jade dry-dock

cruisincorgi

Jade's Dry Dock is scheduled for March 10th to 27th 2017.

Wasn't the Dawn's dry dock like 6 weeks or something like that?

2.5 weeks isn't very lock for a dry dock, assuming they are getting rid of the Hawaii theme, adding dining venues, etc. I wonder what they are actually replacing / adding to her?

Interesting, what is the Jade doing from Mar. 27th > Apr. 4th (Kid Rock cruise, Sixthman event)?

Last time I checked the dry dock was Mar. 10th to Apr. 4th?

April 4-9 is the sixthman Kid Rock cruise.

Correct, however, there's a space between this cruise and when the Pearl returns from dry dock. What is the Jade doing from Mar. 27th to Apr. 4th if not in dry dock? There are no cruises or Music Festivals scheduled unless there's another charter, different group perhaps. Seems unreasonable though since it will cut the dry dock short by 8 days.

Who knows?? :o

Edited by All-ready2cruise

Wow, for 8 days, must be a pretty good company.

Anyway, this thread has lots of info in it for charters and "incentive" charters so if someone has accurate info the that Jade charter perhaps they could add here so that it gets shared.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2333900&highlight=private+charter

I could be wrong on that, but I thought I read that on the forums somewhere. It must be chartered by someone! Especially after a major refit.

You could be right, wouldn't surprise me, that's for sure. I've been keeping my eye on it but haven't seen anything to indicate a charter since, like I indicated before, it means a much shorter dry dock for the Jade.

Not to worry, it'll be what it'll be; just hope it doesn't have a negative impact on anyone.

2.5 weeks isn't very lock for a dry dock, assuming they are getting rid of the Hawaii theme, adding dining venues, etc. I wonder what they are actually replacing / adding to her?

Why would they want to get rid of the Hawaiian theme off the ship? Surely it is part of her history. I know we Brits are a bit more precious of history, but doing something to make her look like the others is close to vandalism in my eyes. At least I know I am aboard her when I see the decorations on the stairs and in the Atrium. Leave it alone please.

By the way, if you look around outside on Deck 7 you will see quite a lot of art showing her long relationship with Venice, particularly where you come out of the doors next to the Stardust that go onto the deck.

Why would they want to get rid of the Hawaiian theme off the ship? Surely it is part of her history. I know we Brits are a bit more precious of history, but doing something to make her look like the others is close to vandalism in my eyes. At least I know I am aboard her when I see the decorations on the stairs and in the Atrium. Leave it alone please.

By the way, if you look around outside on Deck 7 you will see quite a lot of art showing her long relationship with Venice, particularly where you come out of the doors next to the Stardust that go onto the deck.

Not sure why, only I've read that on here as speculation.