Port Canaveral help please! 😊

Abear2

I am hoping someone can help me with these questions! This will be my first time going on a cruise from Port Canaveral, so not sure of anything! I will be flying from New Orleans, so what airport would I use to fly in for a cruise out out this port? Also, what hotels would be close to the port I need to go to the next morning! Not sure of the port name even! šŸ¤” The last question is transportation from the airport to the hotel and then also to the port the next morning? Thanks so much for any information anyone can help with!

I am hoping someone can help me with these questions! This will be my first time going on a cruise from Port Canaveral, so not sure of anything! I will be flying from New Orleans, so what airport would I use to fly in for a cruise out out this port? Also, what hotels would be close to the port I need to go to the next morning! Not sure of the port name even! The last question is transportation from the airport to the hotel and then also to the port the next morning? Thanks so much for any information anyone can help with!

Ā 

abear2, we are flying into Orlando Fl. We are staying at the comfort Inn on coco beach. It is about 10 minutes away and they have a pick up stay then cruise package available. Hope this helps.

They have a pick up from the airport to hotel or hotel to port? Thank you for your help!!!

Ā 

If you book with them they have a package were they pick up at airport take you to hotel, then hotel to port. We opted to stay 1 night after cruise and they do the same then in reverse. Port to hotel, hotel to airport. Hope this helps. Just search comfort inn and select coco beach and the package is shown on web site. We called and took no time at all.

They have a pick up from the airport to hotel or hotel to port? Thank you for your help!!!

Most people who stay near the port would either take a shuttle or do a one-way rental car from the airport to the port. The airport is around 45 minutes from the port.

Ā 

Cortrans is a shuttle service frequently mentioned that charges $20 per person to/from the airport and port area.

Edited by clarea

We've done cruises out of this port a few times now and we've done it the same way each time, it just works best for us. We fly into Orlando airport the day before. Then we use a shuttle (lately, it's been Cocoa Beach shuttle) to get to the airport. It's been one of the cheaper ways to get to our hotel ($68 for the 3 of us). We've stayed at the Radisson at the Port, again, one of the cheaper hotels (with our discounted rate), but still nice, clean rooms. They have airport shuttle as well, but it doesn't see to run as often, and I think it's only a couple bucks difference.

Ā 

Then, that hotel has a shuttle to the port the next morning, to get us to the terminal. They charge $6/person one-way, which is what we do. You sign up for that the night you get to the hotel, so they can schedule everyone who wants it. We've never had any problems with it, it's always worked smoothly for us.

Lots of good advice above. :cool: MCO (Orlando) is the most popular airport for cruises from PC, but some choose Sanford or Melbourne for cheaper flights.

Ā 

We always fly in at least one day early and prefer to stay in the Orlando area - 1000's of hotels in every price range. We typically use a one-way car rental to get from Orlando to PC - most of the major agencies have offices in PC/Cocoa Beach and all offer free shuttles to from the port. The drive is easy, takes just under an hour from MCO, but is on a toll road so bring a couple of dollars in quarters.

Ā 

Post cruise I would not book a flight home leaving before noon. Unless your flight leaves after 2:00 or so I would use a shuttle to get to MCO. With a late flight you have time to rent a car, have a fun lunch, or with a very late flight spend the day visiting the Kennedy Space Center.

Ā 

Have a great cruise! :)

This is why I love cruise critic so much!!! Thanks to all of you for taking the time to help with my questions! I am going on another out of Tampa this December, so sort of booking everything for that's one, but needed to start thinking about this one in March! This one in Marxh will be my 40th cruise, so I am not new to cruising, just new to this port of departure! ;):)

Edited by Abear2

If you can get Alligent Air into Sandford, Orlando it'll be the cheapest fare by far! Orlando MCO is the main airport with flights a bit more expensive.

As a local and working in the hotel industry, the Cruise and stay packages are definitely convenient but are more expensive. Please read reviews of the hotels! I know the packages state "Americas Best Value" in Cocoa and it's absolutely terrible with an awful crime rate. Keep that in mind!

Uber uber uber if you don't get a package! You can book a hotel/motel anywhere beach side near the Port and it'll cost you only $2-$10! ā¤ļø

Ā 

Radisson is the closest hotel with shuttle service to the port. But again, any hotel in your price range will do as they're all local

If you book with them they have a package were they pick up at airport take you to hotel, then hotel to port. We opted to stay 1 night after cruise and they do the same then in reverse. Port to hotel, hotel to airport. Hope this helps. Just search comfort inn and select coco beach and the package is shown on web site. We called and took no time at all.

Ā 

Great hotel and location, but the price is high! I fly into Orlando soon. I get a $70 hotel which is quite nice, then take lyft over and back ($80 total for 4 people).. that is $150 out of pocket.

Ā 

This hotel was 290 to 330 for the same on the dates I needed.

Great hotel and location, but the price is high! I fly into Orlando soon. I get a $70 hotel which is quite nice, then take lyft over and back ($80 total for 4 people).. that is $150 out of pocket.

Ā 

This hotel was 290 to 330 for the same on the dates I needed.

Ā 

I do not think Lyft is available from Port Canaveral (yet)? Not sure though.

UberX from the port to the airport cost about $70 (port fees and tolls included)

I am hoping someone can help me with these questions! This will be my first time going on a cruise from Port Canaveral, so not sure of anything! I will be flying from New Orleans, so what airport would I use to fly in for a cruise out out this port? Also, what hotels would be close to the port I need to go to the next morning! Not sure of the port name even! šŸ¤” The last question is transportation from the airport to the hotel and then also to the port the next morning? Thanks so much for any information anyone can help with!

Ā 

We are sailing out of Port Canaveral in January. We will fly into Melbourne because it's much cheaper than Orlando, at least for us, and only approx. 47 miles from PC. We are staying at the Hilton Rialto in Melbourne, they have a free airport shuttle. Then we will do a one-way rental car to PC. We have a late flight home so we are doing another one-way rental car so we can see Kennedy Space Center before flying home. Hope that helps. :D

Thanks to all of you for taking time to help me! I checked into a few options! I have decided to book the Comfort Inn Suites Cocoa Beach! I didn't think it was a bad price for three people in a Suite, transfers and a free breakfast! I had already booked our flights into Orlando! :o Again, thank you everyone!!!! Can't wait for this cruise! :)

Just another option if you are interested. We are flying into MCO a couple of days before our cruise but this would be the same if you fly in the day before.

Ā 

There are a good number of nice hotels just outside of the Orlando airport, you could stay at one of those and Cortrans shuttle can be arranged to pick you up on the morning of your cruise. They will take you directly to your terminal at Port Canaveral (that is the correct name by the way) for $20 per person one way. After your cruise you can also arrange for them to return you to MCO for $20 per person.

Ā 

Before booking a hotel, check the Cortrans web site, http://www.cortrans-shuttle.com/ ,to make sure they service the hotel you might select.

Ā 

Have a great cruise whatever you decide to do.

We are sailing out of Port Canaveral in January. We will fly into Melbourne because it's much cheaper than Orlando, at least for us, and only approx. 47 miles from PC. We are staying at the Hilton Rialto in Melbourne, they have a free airport shuttle. Then we will do a one-way rental car to PC. We have a late flight home so we are doing another one-way rental car so we can see Kennedy Space Center before flying home. Hope that helps. :D

Ā 

Melbourne airport is a great and much under used option....enjoy your stay!