collapsible cart for carrying soda on board

ElizabethE26

Anyone know if these are okay when getting onto the ship? I was hoping to use one of these to get a couple cases of sodas on board. If we have to, we'll carry both 12 packs, but I would much rather have something to roll them in. Plus, since this cart is collapsible, I could fold it up and put in my larger luggage whenever I don't need it at the end of the cruise. I don't however want to pack two 12-packs inside my carry on luggage since they would take up too much space.

1050-2.jpg?1392031629

You can take any sort of carrier on board as long as it will fit through the kind of detector they use at airport security. This looks like it would fit, especially when collapsed.

Just remember, you have to haul whatever you bring aboard the ship until the rooms are available at around 1 pm.

Anyone know if these are okay when getting onto the ship? I was hoping to use one of these to get a couple cases of sodas on board. If we have to, we'll carry both 12 packs, but I would much rather have something to roll them in. Plus, since this cart is collapsible, I could fold it up and put in my larger luggage whenever I don't need it at the end of the cruise. I don't however want to pack two 12-packs inside my carry on luggage since they would take up too much space.

1050-2.jpg?1392031629

I used these one year when I was teaching in the classroom. My experience is these don't hold up to heavy lifting and break very easily. I would bring my notebooks or teacher editions of textbooks home to do weekly lesson plans at my dining room table (weight was about the same as two twelve packs).

We have a small, inexpensive rolling suitcase - smaller than a standard "carry on". We put our 2-12 packs of soda and 2 bottles of wine in there and roll it on. It is small enough to fit into our large suitcase before we slide it under the our bed after unpacking. Our suitcase looks to be smaller than your picture of the rolling bin...

Just an idea for an alternative...Walmart less than $25.

From the horses mouth:

Carry-On Luggage

Guests are encouraged to limit their luggage to two suitcases per guest.For those guests who wish to carry on luggage, it must fit through the security screening machine. When laying flat, it must not exceed 16 inches high x 24 inches wide (40.64cm x 60.96cm); the length of the bag is not a factor. Anything larger, must be checked-in with a curbside porter. We suggest that all luggage be unlocked and have a Carnival luggage tag attached listing the guest's name and stateroom number.

From: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1373/~/embarkation---luggage-information

The two smaller dimensions of your carry on must be under 16"x24". The other dimension can be 10 feet and you will still be OK. We're not talking about what airlines and the luggage industry consider "carry on sized suitcases". We're talking about what will fit through the scanners at the port. Many suitcases that are larger than "carry on size" are perfectly OK to carry on to the ship.

For instance, here's a 31" suitcase:

http://www.ebags.com/product/it-luggage/megalite-luggage-collection-30-exp-spinner/281924?productid=10459868

Dimensions are 30.5" x 18.3" x 10.8". Cannot be carried onto any commercial flight. Perfectly fine to carry on a Carnival ship because the two smaller dimensions are under 16" x 24".

Yes you can. If it doesn't fit onto scanner, just take out the sodas and fold it up.