Does Royal sell water by the case - to your room?

vmt514

Hi, we have cruised both Royal and Carnival over the last several years. One thing Carnival does is allows me to pre-buy a case of water to my room. It's around $5 for a 12 pack. REALLY reasonable. When we were on Oasis several years ago, I bought a case of water bottles as a piece of luggage, taped it up and put a luggage tag on it, no problem having it delivered to my room as luggage. But we are going for 4 days - I'd rather just by the case to my room if Royal has it, but I don't see this on the website. Anyone know if they do this?

Thanks.

Tap water is free, and very drinkable. :cool:

......and if the tap water bothers you, take a Brita filter sports bottle and make your own "bottled water".

https://www.amazon.com/Brita-Ounce-Filter-Bottle-Turquoise/dp/B004GN8RDY/ref=sr_1_2?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1473652657&sr=8-2&keywords=brita+sports+bottle

Edited by Merion_Mom

Thanks for the info. Yes, I see the Evian for $47 - not very realist. I guess I'll just drink more wine.

Happy cruising.

The price is ridiculous. If they would just sell it twice retail instead of 10X, I think they could make more money off it.

$39 plus gratuity for 12 liters of water might not be what I would pay at the local grocery store, but it's well worth it for me on the ship.

I cannot drink the tap water (on Royal and DCL so far). My system can't deal with it for some reason; I swell very badly when I drink the ship water, and I do NOT swell like that when I don't. Not sure what it's about but it is what it is. Therefore, spring water is what I get.

$4 for a liter of water. I don't think it's that bad.

$39 plus gratuity for 12 liters of water might not be what I would pay at the local grocery store, but it's well worth it for me on the ship.

I cannot drink the tap water (on Royal and DCL so far). My system can't deal with it for some reason; I swell very badly when I drink the ship water, and I do NOT swell like that when I don't. Not sure what it's about but it is what it is. Therefore, spring water is what I get. To

I had the same problem on a 15 day cruise. I hardly recognized myself! Wondering if i can tolerate the ice tea or have to stick to only bottled wAter! I think i know the answer. 😊

...I cannot drink the tap water (on Royal and DCL so far). My system can't deal with it for some reason; I swell very badly when I drink the ship water, and I do NOT swell like that when I don't. Not sure what it's about but it is what it is....

My wife has the same reaction to the ship water. No swelling once she started drinking bottled water.

I cannot drink the tap water (on Royal and DCL so far). My system can't deal with it for some reason; I swell very badly when I drink the ship water, and I do NOT swell like that when I don't. Not sure what it's about but it is what it is. Therefore, spring water is what I get.

What do you do about the food, drinks, ice, coffee, tea, and everything else made with the ships water. I have had the ankle swelling so I have purchased the bottled water from rci and it has had no effect on the swelling. So, it must be all the other things the ships water is used for. No problems at home.

The ships get water from multiple locations. As a last resort, they use their desalination plant. So I do wonder why some people would swell from it. Maybe someone with a medical background can explain it.

If you have any of the drink packages, except for the soda package, you will have bottled water included as part of the price.

What do you do about the food, drinks, ice, coffee, tea, and everything else made with the ships water. I have had the ankle swelling so I have purchased the bottled water from rci and it has had no effect on the swelling. So, it must be all the other things the ships water is used for. No problems at home.

Well that's why I said I don't swell *like that* when I drink spring water. I'm still swelling a bit. But it's like *walking around Disney, eating salty foods* swelling. Not *who put this elephant leg on my size 6 body* type of swelling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ships get water from multiple locations. As a last resort, they use their desalination plant. So I do wonder why some people would swell from it. Maybe someone with a medical background can explain it.

If you have any of the drink packages, except for the soda package, you will have bottled water included as part of the price.

Either "de"salinated doesn't mean "un"salinated OR it takes out ALL the minerals etc and that causes problems for some of us.

For me the other drink packages make no sense financially. 1 latte a day, no juice no soda, maybe two beers a day (on our last trip we took advantage of the C&A two for one deals for me which took care of two days)....water is my main beverage! So "out of pocket" for those and a case containing twelve liters of water and I'm good. :)

I bring a case of water and check it in with my luggage. I just slap a luggage tag on it and it is in my room.

Some of us are more sensitive to going against their stated rules.

We carried water on DCL once (where it is allowed) and we felt idiotic. And we still had to buy their (at the time) Evian package because we couldn't carry all we needed. We are definitely not interested in doing it on a line that doesn't officially allow it.

Though now that DCL only sells Dasani (filtered municipal water...not something I'm interested in) and Evian is only available if you book concierge, we'll be toting the water onboard IF we ever cruise Disney again.