Harmony or Allure

dbernard

I am currently booked on Harmony for next Oct and my TA just notified that I can go on Allure for about $600 cheaper. Have been on Allure numerous times so not sure if the extra money will be worth it for Harmony? Any one have some thoughts?

The stops are not a concern

Dave

If that is the main difference is the slides, I am sure my wife can find somewhere to spend the extra $600. LOL

It's like getting a 2016 Ford (with about 10K miles on it) vs. a 2011 Ford (with about 60K miles on it) - do you value the almost new car smell?

If that is the main difference is the slides, I am sure my wife can find somewhere to spend the extra $600. LOL

Dave

Note that the slides can be a negative too. They obscure the view from the Boardwalk balcony staterooms.

It's like getting a 2016 Ford (with about 10K miles on it) vs. a 2011 Ford (with about 60K miles on it) - do you value the almost new car smell?

Take the new car smell!! You only live once!! Been there done that. Go to your grave saying you tried them all!! Cant take the 600.00 with you but you can take the memories!! Try something new. It will give you that much more to look forward to then the same old thing. ENJOY either way!! Dan

Having done both

Slides, Wonderland, robotic bar & Jamies Italian are main differences i can think of which could be considered a positive. Lack of a proper comedy club a negative and a few other bits & bobs.

Personally I think Allure has nicer fitting standard especially on the Boardwalk. The is something that just feels like it has been done a bit on the cheap.

Mamma Mia is better than Grease but the Fine Line is a leap in class above Ocean Aria

I would go on both but $600 is a big saving. I would vote Allure although would happily go on either.

I've done the Allure and now we are booked for Harmony in April. Can hardly wait! I know the ships are very similar but I think it's worth the extra money for a new experience. I do have two teenage daughters going that are excited about the slides. Are they worth $600? That i can't answer but the whole experience of a new ship with an atmosphere of it's own is worth the extra cost to us. A new ship has a different feel to it with everything so fresh and clean. It's hard to put a dollar figure on all that. I have no idea what the price difference was between the Allure and Harmony for my sailing because I never did a cost comparison at the time of booking.

Honestly, you can't go wrong either way!

Also shows and day of week the cruise sails.

I'd also prefer the Diamond Lounge on Allure to that on Harmony.

Everything is better in Allure than Harmony, except the WATER slides. Ultimate Abyss was a miss.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that there is no pool in the solarium on Harmony.

When we were on Allure it was so uncomfortably hot in the solarium, the pool there wasn't much help. No seating areas in shade.....our next Oasis class is Harmony....those slides will keep me busy, while hubby can find a spot in the shade.

I'm always pretty good at finding shade in the solarium it seems for unknown reasons these are the most unpopular spots.

I did notice the was certainly some big heat spots on the Harmony...also the was a few rips in the roof which goes with my general opinion Harmony has not been finished to the same specification