Celebrity Summit

cekaye

Thanks in advance for any Help you can offer .

I am leaving on October 2 for a 14 day Canada/New England

I was able to book the Cruiseline Transfer for the Airport to Port , but they will not book my return transfer because they require minimum 1:00pm departure and my flight leaves at 12:00 pm . Is this too early ?

I have looked at a few transfer companies but they seem so high . I was wondering if anyone has had this experience and possibly know what a Taxi on a Sunday morning at the port would cost .

Hopefully they have some taxi's at the Port .

Carol K

A 12:00 flight should be easy. I made a 9:45a car (with a driver waiting) with no problem, but I was prepared to deal with the consequences. Not sure what a taxi would cost, but it won't be bad, and Uber is an option. Check out the East Coast board as there is a ton of info there, and find your roll call (links above) and maybe you can share a ride to the port with others on your cruise.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks in advance for any Help you can offer .

I am leaving on October 2 for a 14 day Canada/New England

I was able to book the Cruiseline Transfer for the Airport to Port , but they will not book my return transfer because they require minimum 1:00pm departure and my flight leaves at 12:00 pm . Is this too early ?

I have looked at a few transfer companies but they seem so high . I was wondering if anyone has had this experience and possibly know what a Taxi on a Sunday morning at the port would cost .

Hopefully they have some taxi's at the Port .

Carol K

I don't see any problem on your flight schedule. You have choices for private transport to airport.

We took an Uber from the port to the airport for our 12:00 flight. The regular cab rate is fixed and pretty high - around $60. Last year I paid about $20. So we thought, take an Uber. However, everyone else had the same idea and we ended up getting quoted the surge rates which were in almost $50. We waited a bit and the rates went down to around $30. However, we had a couple of drivers agree to pick us up and then cancel and couldn't always find an available driver immediately. Ultimately we had it to the airport on time, for $30, but I'd think about how much stress you want to add to save a few dollars. I have a bad habit of exerting too much effort to save a few dollars and then usually regret it!

Under "East Coast Departures" is a "Cape Liberty 411" thread with a lot of information, some of it about transportation. I kept seeing references to using a company called Independent Driver but when I googled them, I could not find an online presence. Eventually, I did find a phone number for them. I guess the owner is so busy just by word of mouth that he doesn't bother with websites and such. We were a group of six so the price was very reasonable. I'm sorry I can't remember the exact price. Perhaps you could plan to share with members of your roll call. The phone number is 888-816-0973. They got us from our hotel to the port and from the port to the airport with no problems at all.

Edited by 2theship

Unlike the airport, there is no taxi line at the port. I've been and out of this port numerous times, and I've seen no public transportation which is not pre-arranged.

Interesting - we sailed on the Summit out of NJ in May and had no trouble getting a taxi from the port to the airport. Our fare was $68 plus tip and the driver was only able to take cash.

We did not pre-arrange a pick-up with a livery/car service, a decision that I still regret. The cab that we got was in sad shape - holes in the seat upholstery, no AC, driver unable to process a charge card. Had I booked the service that took us to the terminal, we would have paid less and rode in a luxury SUV. (Sorry - I don't recall the name - the ride was arranged by the airport hotel where we stayed the night before our cruise.)

Do check the "411" board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2163707&page=121

Enjoy your NE cruise and good luck with transportation.

cekaye - We are on the same cruise. There are several of us over on the Roll Call forum. Come join us. You will have a lot of catching up to do with our post, so you may want to start on the last page. Fun group!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2137345&page=108

Unlike the airport, there is no taxi line at the port. I've been and out of this port numerous times, and I've seen no public transportation which is not pre-arranged.

Interesting - we sailed on the Summit out of NJ in May and had no trouble getting a taxi from the port to the airport. Our fare was $68 plus tip and the driver was only able to take cash.

We did not pre-arrange a pick-up with a livery/car service, a decision that I still regret. The cab that we got was in sad shape - holes in the seat upholstery, no AC, driver unable to process a charge card. Had I booked the service that took us to the terminal, we would have paid less and rode in a luxury SUV. (Sorry - I don't recall the name - the ride was arranged by the airport hotel where we stayed the night before our cruise.)

Do check the "411" board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2163707&page=121

Enjoy your NE cruise and good luck with transportation.

After the cruise, we are going back to the Hilton Newark Penn Station. Will we be able to find a cab for transportation or should we book something?

Planning on taking a cab over to the port, or sharing a ride with someone else that is staying there, too.

We came back on the Summit Sept 4th. There was a taxi stand about 150 ft from the building. We had the option of taxi at $65 or shuttle for $40. We took the shuttle and as a bonus were the last two seats so we left right away.

Lemon Neko ,

That is Great news , I keep hearing nightmares about the Taxis so I am super excited to knoe we can now hopefully grab a Shuttle .

Was the $40 for 2 people ?

Thanks so Much for the info !

You should have no problem. Using a private car is much easier then a shuttle. I would also strongly suggest that you get a porter to bring your luggage to the customs line- they are very efficient and help move you through customs quickly. If you are in a suite, the Michaels club rep (may still be Maya), would help you leave the ship quickly and get you on a priority customs line.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Cruise a holic

Had I booked the service that took us to the terminal, we would have paid less and rode in a luxury SUV. (Sorry - I don't recall the name - the ride was arranged by the airport hotel where we stayed the night before our cruise.)

Just looked at our Visa bill - the company we used was Signature Transportation - we were very pleased with the service and the price.

http://signaturetransportationinc.com/

We just returned from this cruise on 9/18. We had a choice at the Taxi Stand.....$28 each for the shuttle/van or $68, including bridge tolls, for a taxi of our own. There were two of us so we opted for the taxi and went straight to our airline check-in location at Newark. No waiting.

Our flight was at 1:55pm. We arrived at the airport at 8:15am and waited almost 6 hours for our flight.

You should have no problems with a noon departure.

By the way, it was a great cruise. Summit is a beautiful, well run and well staffed ship. Nothing to complain about. Quebec is magnificent and the other ports were charming without exception. Good experience all around.