Diamond Club Cocktail Times on Anthem

tortolabound

Does anyone know what time the Diamond Club free cocktail times are on the Anthem?

We have Classic Dining I, which starts at 5:30 PM. In the past, the hours started at 5:00 PM, which only gives the guests 1/2 hour to have a cocktail, meet and mingle, have an appetizer, and then rush to their assigned table for a 5:30 PM start. I know that other ships in the fleet have changed the start time to 4:30 PM, which at least gives folks an hour before they have to eat dinner.

If they still start at 5:00 PM, has anyone asked about an earlier start and what is their response? It seems to me that it would make more sense to start 1/2 hour earlier and end 1/2 hour earlier as most of their other ships now do.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

it has always been 30 minutes prior to the first seating up until the late setting time. sorry but I don't find it too short at all. when you go to a nice restaurant, you are only sitting on the bar 10-15 minutes most of the time unless you show up an hour before your reservation.

even treating the appetizers as amuse bouches you only want a single small plate of something anyway.

most of our friends that do early, choose to come AFTER dinner for an after dinner drink and visit.

We have been to the diamond lounge before our early seating in the MDR on many ships and it always starts one hour prior to early seating!

That's been our experience on ships that have early dinner at 5:30pm and 6pm. One ships that had early dinner at 5:45pm, the DL/CL opened at 5pm.

Last week on the Anthem of the Seas the Diamond Lounge was open from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM. The food and drinks were outstanding. The staff was awesome!

Yep, and on the Anthem's Aug. 25th sail we wound up in the Music Hall at 5pm. lol

Does anyone know what time the Diamond Club free cocktail times are on the Anthem?

We have Classic Dining I, which starts at 5:30 PM. In the past, the hours started at 5:00 PM, which only gives the guests 1/2 hour to have a cocktail, meet and mingle, have an appetizer, and then rush to their assigned table for a 5:30 PM start. I know that other ships in the fleet have changed the start time to 4:30 PM, which at least gives folks an hour before they have to eat dinner.

If they still start at 5:00 PM, has anyone asked about an earlier start and what is their response? It seems to me that it would make more sense to start 1/2 hour earlier and end 1/2 hour earlier as most of their other ships now do.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

5:00 to 8:30 when I was on the Anthem in January & February

That is correct. I'm on the ship right now and did speak to the concierge. Our paperwork said 6:00 PM for dinner, then it was 5:30 when we got on the ship. When I mentioned it to her, her answer was it's the same on all the ships. Took a cruise in May and we started at 4:30PM Next time I'll just arrive at dinner a little later.

• 2 weeks later...

On the 9/8 cruise early classic dinner started at 5:30. Diamond Happy Hour started at 5:00. In the Diamond Lounge it is almost impossible for everyone to get a drink at 5:00. Many times we did not get our drink until 5:15 and had to race to dinner at the other end of the ship. We tried to beat the time shortage by going into the Music Hall bar which handled the Diamond Lounge overflow and have a seat at the bar about 4:50. The Music Hall bartenders were great in that they had drinks ready to be distributed at 5:00 sharp. The Music Hall also had waiters who after they got to know you would work hard to serve those that they knew had 5:30 dinner reservations.

When we were on our Alaska cruise and staying in a suite, we went to the concierge lounge every night before dinner and had wonderful free drinks. Before we left, they poured us a full glass of wine or whatever we were drinking and told us to take it with us to dinner, sometimes they gave us two. The sign outside said no drinks were allowed past the door when leaving but they encouraged us to take them. That was a nice perk. Saved us some money.