Photos of new Beach Bungalows at Labadee

Poohb

Already saw those was hoping for more recent photos and would like to know how people got to Columbus Cove; tram or ferry? Which did you prefer?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Mine pics were shot half Nov last year, the area seemed pretty completed at that time.

We walked over from the ship, had plans to take the ferry for the fun of it but it's an enjoyable walk.

Mine pics were shot half Nov last year, the area seemed pretty completed at that time.

We walked over from the ship, had plans to take the ferry for the fun of it but it's an enjoyable walk.

Thanks for the information

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Keep forgetting to ask; how did you get to the Bungalows at Columbus Cove, ferry, tram or walk? I know it's a pretty long walk and I would like to avoid the Merchants area if possible. Let me know.

Thanks!

I guess it depends what your idea of a "pretty long walk" is... I don't think it's even 20 minutes, and I'm short and fat and walk at a slow pace.

Using the map in THIS LINK (click here), if you take the blue line over to the right and then down, you'll go past the vendor area (but you can still just stay on the road and not talk to them, you don't have to go up next to their stalls).

If you absolutely cannot handle walking past the vendors, you can also take the blue line over to the right until you see the turn off for Nellie's Beach (the last green line that goes down) and then follow that path (the red line on the map) over to Columbus Cove.

The route past Nellie's, however, does have a few stair-steps, so it would not be navigable by someone with a wheelchair or mobility problems. Someone with that much difficulty wouldn't be likely to walk that distance, anyway... they'd just take the shuttle/tram ride which follows the blue path.

There are signs along the way. You really cannot get lost at Labadee... it's just a big L shape.

I guess it depends what your idea of a "pretty long walk" is... I don't think it's even 20 minutes, and I'm short and fat and walk at a slow pace.

Using the map in THIS LINK (click here), if you take the blue line over to the right and then down, you'll go past the vendor area (but you can still just stay on the road and not talk to them, you don't have to go up next to their stalls).

If you absolutely cannot handle walking past the vendors, you can also take the blue line over to the right until you see the turn off for Nellie's Beach (the last green line that goes down) and then follow that path (the red line on the map) over to Columbus Cove.

The route past Nellie's, however, does have a few stair-steps, so it would not be navigable by someone with a wheelchair or mobility problems. Someone with that much difficulty wouldn't be likely to walk that distance, anyway... they'd just take the shuttle/tram ride which follows the blue path.

There are signs along the way. You really cannot get lost at Labadee... it's just a big L shape.

Thanks for sharing that very helpful information.

Our pics from February

The bungalow

726af7d436a8e9b2f4e383acb1d69128.jpg

And our view from the bungalow

b0a2493a9d642315bdf7002c28b2c981.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for posting these photos, they are great. So looking forward to our day in Labadee. Cannot wait!

Thanks for posting these photos, they are great. So looking forward to our day in Labadee. Cannot wait!

We are also on the 4/14 cruise and have reserved one. I think everyone in our group is really looking forward to this day on the beach

We are also on the 4/14 cruise and have reserved one. I think everyone in our group is really looking forward to this day on the beach

Yes for sure cannot wait!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the pictures and info... they helped make our decision!

Just reserved for our Thanksgiving cruise!

We've had both Barefoot and Nellie's overwater cabanas in the past and loved them, but the price has gone insane! (One cruise we had 10 of us so had two over water cabanas and paid less than the current price for one!)

Incidentally, we have this same furniture (except in gray & turquoise ;) ) at home!