What's a good short term cruise?

cocacola86

Thinking of a 5 day cruise in October 2017, would be flying from Buffalo what's a good ship for short cruise, for dining, activities, pool area, and for price. We're on the Magic in April 2017 and the Vista in April 2018 so just want something for relaxing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was all carnival until I started shopping around for short cheap cruises for mini getaways in between longer trips.

This empress trip I picked up for $500 canadian, solo, including taxes and grats.

It hits key west and Cozumel.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Fly into Tampa and hop on the Paradise. 5-days, ports are Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Wonderful ship for 4 or 5 day cruises. Plenty to do if you want, but not all the busyness of the new mega-ships. Wonderful places to read and relax, both outside and inside.

Awesome service from the crew and great food! And the port is easy-peasy in and out!

Edited by Florings

Op is looking for 2017 cruises.

Oops! I misread! Well, I still suggest the Empress next month! Airfare has been cheap the last few weeks and the cruise price can't be beat! Take a shot on a (somewhat) last minute trip!

Apologies OP, I don't usually book short cruises so far out. Have fun in the planning though and good luck!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I have to agree with some of the others above. "Paradise" out of Tampa, is a GREAT 4, or preferably 5 day cruise, and the Port of Tampa is one of the easiest to navigate, and close to TIA, an excellent airport. I think you should at least look at the prices. Depending on your sail date, it's usually around what you've posted you'd like to spend. ;)

"SKY"

Edited by SkyMaster

Thinking of a 5 day cruise in October 2017, would be flying from Buffalo what's a good ship for short cruise, for dining, activities, pool area, and for price. We're on the Magic in April 2017 and the Vista in April 2018 so just want something for relaxing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When I want something similar, I usually look to take the Fantasy class ship out of Jacksonville. The prices tend to be less than $300 pp (interior) and if you catch it at the right time, I've seen them less than $250 pp. Pick the right cruise and it includes HMC. In fact, I am booked for this November on it.

5 days is so short.

I actually disagree. My husband and I did a 5 day cruise out of Ft Lauderdale to Nassau, HMC and Grand Turk this past July. I thought it would be too short, so I also booked the 4 day after it, but both my husband and I felt that the 5 day would have been enough. I think it was because HMC and Grand Turk were just nice, relaxing beach days. They made the time seem longer.

Anyway, to the OP: I would recommend a 5-day that goes to HMC and Grand Turk. If you like beaches, of course. They are two of the best in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app