China Cruise Brand

FLSteve11

Interesting news tying in that Carnival is going to have new ships built in cooperation with a China ship builder is the mention of a "multi ship domestic cruise brand in China"

Part of the announcement says they are looking to move a few existing ships into this brand, before the first of the new china built Vista-class ships come out in 2022.

Does anyone wonder if this means the ships that Carnival has announced sailing in China (like Splendor and Miracle) will leave the Carnival brand and form a new Chinese domestic brand?

There's a thread here on the subject: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2405223

Weird I did a search on "China" and it didn't show.

In either case, the other thread is talking about the building being done in China. I'm curious as to the new brand. And how that will effect the ships in it. Will Splendor & Miracle remain "Carnival" ships, or will they become swept under the yet unnamed new brand. If they leave the Carnival fleet, then anyone sailing them will not receive, nor gain, any loyalty points. I expect them to change the entertainment, venus, and other items. But will they remain Carnival ships, or "Brand Y"?