Air conditioning magic

Cruisegirl6

Hi, we can't decide wether to go back on the Carnival Magic which we love this ship for the 8 night cruise in May, 2017 or back on the Oasis in May.

On the Magic, our stateroom was warm had to use a fan which they gave us but didn't get quality sleep due to our room being warm, our curtains closed and on the lowest setting, has anybody else found their rooms to be warm on the magic, my daughters room also was warm and my father in law well he doesn't like it cold anyways....but like to hear what your experiences were with this issue, thank you.

We have sailed in an extended aft balcony on the Magic three times, twice in the summer and once in the early fall.

I always closed the curtains when we left the cabin. Each time I moved the temperature thermometer up a few degrees on the first or second night.

However my disclaiming remark is I keep my house at a temperature warm enough not to require heavy covers in the summer. I like to sleep under nothing heavier than a single sheet.

I bring a temperature gauge with me on ships now because I finding this to be the problem even on RC....my gauge showed around 3am it would get to 78 set on the coolest setting....around 6am 76 and 7am 75, it never got cooler and the maintenance gauge and mine were usually 80% the same temperature and other times was off by one degree. It just never got cooler than 75 and but it averaged 76 everyday.

I been in aft, forward and midship on so many ships and experience this at all areas, which areas do you feel are cooler?

I have not been on Magic before BUT I heard something about the temps. Either where the lights are or thermostat there is some slot card thing. If you put your room card in there it over rides something. I have also heard you can use a business card. I have also heard to bring a large magnet if you have a balcony and want to leave the door open. The independent magnet acts like the balcony door is closed and the A/C doesn't shut off.

Keep in mind, these are things I have read but have no actual experience in it.