Pricing up a back to back

Presto2

Hi,

We're toying with the idea of doing a 7 day cruise to the Fjords followed by a 12 day Canary Island Cruise on Ventura. I'm just wondering how it is priced up. I'm sure that I've read that we would get an additional 10% if do a back to back.

Am also wondering if we can get that discount if one cruise is on Britannia and the 12 night one on Aurora. I imagine that this wouldn't be classed as back to back even though we'd disembark one and get straight on to the other.

Hi,

We're toying with the idea of doing a 7 day cruise to the Fjords followed by a 12 day Canary Island Cruise on Ventura. I'm just wondering how it is priced up. I'm sure that I've read that we would get an additional 10% if do a back to back.

Am also wondering if we can get that discount if one cruise is on Britannia and the 12 night one on Aurora. I imagine that this wouldn't be classed as back to back even though we'd disembark one and get straight on to the other.

Pass. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi,

Good question which I think only pando could answer. On a normal b2b you do get 10% off the price of each cruise, and they are treated as 2 cruises onboard. Whether the same applies if you get off 1 ship and on another is a pando answer.

To get the discount the back to back has to be on the same ship.

I did think that but I was not sure.

Love back to backs, only one drive to Southampton, only one hotel, 2 cruises 10% off and the fun of going up and down the lifts on the last night of the first cruise waiting for someone to ask, "Are you all packed yet" :) :) :)

Edited by daiB

I did think that but I was not sure.

Love back to backs, only one drive to Southampton, only one hotel, 2 cruises 10% off and the fun of going up and down the lifts on the last night of the first cruise waiting for someone to ask, "Are you all packed yet" :) :) :)

Thanks to everyone for the replies so far. We are trying not to book for 2018 but with the extra discounts and additional OBC it is tempting ... and it would probably be about £1000 less than the cruise we've just done for 19 days!

Dai that's cruel by the way ... but funny :)

Thanks to everyone for the replies so far. We are trying not to book for 2018 but with the extra discounts and additional OBC it is tempting ... and it would probably be about £1000 less than the cruise we've just done for 19 days!

Dai that's cruel by the way ... but funny :)

Give a cruise TA a call and see if he has the answer. You will not get through to P&O.

We did a back to back in the Caribbean. We saved the cost of two flights but didn't get any further discount. That was through P&O direct and I wouldn't go through them again so you may get a better deal through a TA.

Some of the Caribbean cruises are marketed as 7 and 14 night itineraries which overlap to some extent. Where this is being offered I can see the cruise line not regarding some types of consecutive booking as not being a true b2b.

Regards John

Some of the Caribbean cruises are marketed as 7 and 14 night itineraries which overlap to some extent. Where this is being offered I can see the cruise line not regarding some types of consecutive booking as not being a true b2b.

Regards John

Like the Oceana Med cruises? They can either be a 7 day or 14 ?

We are looking at either a 7 plus 12 day on the same ship or a 7 plus 12 on another ship.

That cats will hate us having to be in the cattery that long though ...............

Like the Oceana Med cruises? They can either be a 7 day or 14 ?

We are looking at either a 7 plus 12 day on the same ship or a 7 plus 12 on another ship.

That cats will hate us having to be in the cattery that long though ...............

We are doing a 18 and a 17. :) :) :)

Regards John

A true b2b??? Are you just guessing at that by any chance or do you know that for a fact?

Yeah, you won't get through to P&O until tomorrow morning. Could you give a cruise travel agent a call (don't think you're allowed to mention travel agents here)? They're often open Sundays and not only could they give you a better price than P&O they can sort all that out for you instead of you doing it.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A true b2b??? Are you just guessing at that by any chance or do you know that for a fact?

I am sure I have read that if you do a 7+7 which can also be booked as a 14 you cannot claim a discount. You will however if entitled get two bottles of champagne if Caribbean or above.

Yeah, you won't get through to P&O until tomorrow morning. Could you give a cruise travel agent a call (don't think you're allowed to mention travel agents here)? They're often open Sundays and not only could they give you a better price than P&O they can sort all that out for you instead of you doing it.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last month it took us about 4 days to get through to a person on the P&O telephone lines ..... I suppose as this is 2018 we can wait if needs be :D

No, I do not know this as a fact, just suggesting a possibility; if they do a 14 nighter then doing a 7 nighter followed by a 7 nighter which could be booked as a 14 clearly they are not thinking a b2b discount would be appropriate. If you did a 14 nighter followed by a 7 nighter then it looks likely that a b2b discount should be applicable. I do not know the specific details of your cruise.

This is the rule:

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/before-you-sail/b2b_discount

Regards John

Edited by john watson

No, I do not know this as a fact, just suggesting a possibility; if they do a 14 nighter then doing a 7 nighter followed by a 7 nighter which could be booked as a 14 clearly they are not thinking a b2b discount would be appropriate. If you did a 14 nighter followed by a 7 nighter then it looks likely that a b2b discount should be applicable. I do not know the specific details of your cruise.

This is the rule:

Regards John

That is a good discount.

Edited by PRINCESSTHE BEST

This is the rule:

Regards John

That's OK but really you should only post facts as it can be misleading otherwise.

That's OK but really you should only post facts as it can be misleading otherwise.

When I say things like "Where this is being offered I can see the cruise line not regarding some types of consecutive booking as not being a true b2b" it is clearly my opinion. When you read the rule this can be seen as correct. This should not confuse people who read things carefully. Many of the postings on the forum are simply different people's opinions.

Regards John

When I say things like "Where this is being offered I can see the cruise line not regarding some types of consecutive booking as not being a true b2b" it is clearly my opinion. When you read the rule this can be seen as correct. This should not confuse people who read things carefully. Many of the postings on the forum are simply different people's opinions.

Regards John

Whatever you say.

Edited by dgs1956

As far as the Med fly cruises on Oceana are concerned I think each cruise, whether it is a 7 night one or a 14 night one has a different number. For example a 7 night one might be E610A and the 14 night one E610B. We did a 14 night one last May and it was certainly not treated as a back to back. It would cost P&O a lot of money if each 14 night Med fly cruise was treated as two 7 night back to backs if you see what I mean.

It would be interesting to know if someone books a cruise on one ship and then transfers to a different ship immediately on disembarking whether that is treated as a back to back. We have done a back to back but on the same ship. We got the 10% discount and an allowance for the fact that we didn't use the return portion of the plane ticket - the first 14 nights was a fly cruise out to Barbados but then the second 14 nights was the cruise from Barbados back to Southampton so we didn't use the flight back to Gatwick at the end of the first 14 nights - I can't remember how much we got back for that but I don't think it was very much.